Rodger Saffold (OT, Indiana)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the resignings of Tauscher and Clifton I don't think OT will be the number 1 priority anymore in the draft. I am still a big fan of us taking Charles Brown at pick 23 but am leaning towards trading down and taking Saffold instead. He's very underrated, athletic and poses just as much upside as any of the other OT's in the draft. I couldn't find an analysis so I'll post up 2 highlight tapes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwFyT3u2CQ]YouTube - Rodger Saffold vs. Brandon Graham[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2RhIVoAZ6U"]YouTube- Rodger Saffold East West Shrine Practice[/ame]

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I question the talent he played against in the Big 10. I want a baller, not someone who looked good in practice. I do agree that OT is no longer priority number 1 @ the 23 spot.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not agree at all with the thought of not making OT a priority, just because Clifton and Tausher are signed. Sure.........lets have Colledge or Barber step in when one of those guys gets hurt............not. How soon we all forget. Its like saying..........I just filled my gas tank up........and even though I am driving to Seattle .....from Jersey........and don't have enough money for gas to get there.........the tank is full now so I am really not worried about it right now. Protecting Rogers better be a priority.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not agree at all with the thought of not making OT a priority, just because Clifton and Tausher are signed. Sure.........lets have Colledge or Barber step in when one of those guys gets hurt............not. How soon we all forget. Its like saying..........I just filled my gas tank up........and even though I am driving to Seattle .....from Jersey........and don't have enough money for gas to get there.........the tank is full now so I am really not worried about it right now. Protecting Rogers better be a priority.
It's not because of someone stepping in if they get hurt. I don't know if the rookie will be able to step in. Sure, Long, Clady and Oher could, but it's not the rule.

The importance of getting a LT in this year's draft is because of THE FUTURE. Chances are both Tauscher and Clifton won't be able to perform at a high level next season. Lang will be ready at RT, but we need a guy NOW to groom for NEXT SEASON.

If not, then we'll have to throw a rookie LT under the fire, which is not easy to do AT ALL.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If for some reason the teams before the Pack pick other positions and there is a top 5 rated LT available we should get him. It comes down to who is available and what the other teams do before us.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If for some reason the teams before the Pack pick other positions and there is a top 5 rated LT available we should get him. It comes down to who is available and what the other teams do before us.
As I said before:

Russell Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Charles Brown

If any of those guys are available, it's a no-brainer.

Mike Iupati
Bruce Campbell

If any of those two is available, they should be heavily considered.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said before:

Russell Okung
Trent Williams
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Charles Brown

If any of those guys are available, it's a no-brainer.

Mike Iupati
Bruce Campbell

If any of those two is available, they should be heavily considered.
I totally agree. The line needs to be the priority here. Anything we can do in the draft (1st 2 rounds) to ensure we don't go through the same BS as last year.......would be great.

Members online

Latest posts