Robert Tonyan - TE

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was hoping for an early halloween.
It would be incredible if Tonyan could start on opening day. Based on the timing of his injury, 4 weeks would be closer to normal, whatever normal is. As for Bakh, I'd be ecstatic if he starts. I know it's been a long time, but hey, I'll take it!

D

Deleted member 6794

We’re seeing an unusually long list on PUP. That said I don’t see anything super questionable beyond maybe Bak or Watson.

In my opinion Crosby is a player to watch. With him being on the PUP list and week 1 being named as the target to return it might give Brkic a realistic chance to win the job.

They could even keep Crosby on the PUP list for the first four games to have evaluate Brkic in the regular season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Crosby is a player to watch. With him being on the PUP list and week 1 being named as the target to return it might give Brkic a realistic chance to win the job.

They could even keep Crosby on the PUP list for the first four games to have evaluate Brkic in the regular season.
That's risky, evaluating a kicker in the regular season. But everyone goes through it. It certainly looks like the new kicker will get his chances in the PS. Rather than carry two kickers though, I expect them to make a decision and go with one guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's risky, evaluating a kicker in the regular season. But everyone goes through it. It certainly looks like the new kicker will get his chances in the PS. Rather than carry two kickers though, I expect them to make a decision and go with one guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

Brkic needs to earn the chance during the preseason but if he performs at a decent level it might be smart for the Packers to keep Crosby on the PUP list for four games and make a decision afterwards.

I'm definitely not advocating for the team to keep two kickers on the active roster though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brkic needs to earn the chance during the preseason but if he performs at a decent level it might be smart for the Packers to keep Crosby on the PUP list for four games and make a decision afterwards.

I'm definitely not advocating for the team to keep two kickers on the active roster though.
It shows how hard it is to make a change at kicker. Crosby is clearly reaching his past-due date. But until someone comes along who is clearly better, it will be hard to replace him. At some point, the change just needs to be made if there's a guy in camp and in PS making kicks.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so far he's really stinking it up today.
Yeah if Crosby is gonna be replaced, it's gotta be by a guy who makes all his kicks in practice, and all his kicks in PS inside 50 yards, and ideally all kicks. I just don't see it happening. It's more likely to come in the form of a mid to late round draft pick.

I guess they could cut Crosby and bring him back if his replacement messes up. But that's a pretty insulting way to do things and I don't think the Packers would do something like that.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This points to more special teams uglies...if it werent for bad luck 1265 would have no luck at all.
Yeah they may want to keep Crosby for at least another year as Bisaccia whips the rest of STs into place. I'm not a fan of cutting him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on thread - I'm going to go with the Jenkins - Tonyon - Bakh all being PUP'd for the year.
Lambeau do you mean you think they won't play, at all, this year - or rather will start the year on PUP? - that's what I think you're saying.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau do you mean you think they won't play, at all, this year - or rather will start the year on PUP? - that's what I think you're saying.
At all. Why? Due to the mistake of trying to bring back Bakh too soon last year. Both Jenkins and Tonyon were injured later in the year. I wonder if the team Docs are in fact Mr. Magoo.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At all. Why? Due to the mistake of trying to bring back Bakh too soon last year. Both Jenkins and Tonyon were injured later in the year. I wonder if the team Docs are in fact Mr. Magoo.
Yeah the whole medical team is looking like the gang who couldn't shoot straight. I do think Jenkins and Tonyan will be back. Bakhtiari? I just have a bad feeling that he's done.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the whole medical team is looking like the gang who couldn't shoot straight. I do think Jenkins and Tonyan will be back. Bakhtiari? I just have a bad feeling that he's done.
It's a contract year for both Tonyan & Jenkins. If they & their agents have any say in whether they play or not I'm leaning towards both return by mid-season to prove they're healthy & back.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a contract year for both Tonyan & Jenkins. If they & their agents have any say in whether they play or not I'm leaning towards both return by mid-season to prove they're healthy & back.
Yeah I expect Jenkins will be back around week 8 or 10, Tonyan around week 4. They should be fine but it will take time to shake off the rust.

Going by past performance, and assuming no lingering problems from their injuries, Jenkins shouldn't have any trouble getting a healthy raise and extension. He might be the most versatile OL in the league and he showed it over several years. Tonyan is going to have to get back to 2020 form though to get a decent contract. Before his injury last year he was just a guy. So who is he? We'll find out if he gets back early enough. Otherwise he may have to sign a one-year-prove-it deal next year. Injuries have consequences, eh? Then again with the cap increases maybe some GM throws a ton of money at him. At this point, I wouldn't chase him. But it's early. The team needs a 2020 Tonyan for sure.

D

Deleted member 6794

It shows how hard it is to make a change at kicker. Crosby is clearly reaching his past-due date. But until someone comes along who is clearly better, it will be hard to replace him. At some point, the change just needs to be made if there's a guy in camp and in PS making kicks.

If Crosby was healthy I would agree that another kicker would have to perform at a significanlty higher level for the Packers to move on from Mason.

With Crosby possibly not being able to practice all camp long the team might get a chance to evaluate a different kicker in the regular season without having to make a decision on Crosby in advance.

Brkic needs to step up his game in practice for it to make sense though.
I guess they could cut Crosby and bring him back if his replacement messes up. But that's a pretty insulting way to do things and I don't think the Packers would do something like that.

The Packers could just keep him on the PUP list for the first four weeks of the season as well.

Back on thread - I'm going to go with the Jenkins - Tonyon - Bakh all being PUP'd for the year.

I highly doubt neither of those three plays this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Unless something else happens we can't foresee, I for sure see both Jenkins and Tonyan playing this year. The only one I'm skeptical on at this point is Bahk.
Agreed. Most guys recover just fine from ACL repair. I hope Tonyan is back in the first month of the season and Jenkins by the 8th game. No predictions on Bakh. after so many conflicting updates, I'll believe it when he's on the field in September.

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? Unless something else happens we can't foresee, I for sure see both Jenkins and Tonyan playing this year. The only one I'm skeptical on at this point is Bahk.

As mentioned above I fully expect at least one of them to play this season. I'm pretty confident Jenkins and Tonyan will be able to return at some point this season, Bakhtiari is currently a question mark.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts