Robert Sands (FS, West Virginia)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]West Virginia University All-American safety Robert Sands has decided to forgo his senior year of eligibility with the Mountaineers and enter the 2011 NFL Draft. “I want to pursue my dream and play in the NFL, so I have entered my name in the NFL Draft,” Sands said. “I believe I have proven myself as a playmaker at the college level, and now it’s time for me to turn my attention to the professional level and prove myself once again.” Sands, a Sporting News first team All-American and two time first team all-BIG EAST performer, collected 53 tackles in 2010, including 34 solo stops, 1.5 sacks and 6.5 tackles for loss. He finished with a forced fumble and had one interception he returned 28 yards against USF. “The Mountaineer football family wishes Robert nothing but the best,” coach Bill Stewart says. “He has been an integral part of our success, and I want to thank him for everything he has done for Mountaineer football.” For his three-year career, he registered 151 tackles, including 88 unassisted tackles, 1.5 sacks and 10.0 tackles for loss. He forced two fumbles, one fumble recovery, six interceptions and eight pass breakups. “I would like to thank all my teammates at West Virginia, especially the defensive guys, from the starters down to the scout team,” Sands said. “I want to thank the coaches, who have really done an outstanding job of pushing me to be the best I can be and get the most out of me. “I want to thank the strength coaches, the trainers, the equipment managers, the sports information staff and the Mountaineer fans who showed so much love and support to me and our team. “I want to especially thank my mother, Veronica Sands, who has stood by me my entire life and been there for me every step of the way. I wish only the best for the University and the Mountaineer football family in the future, and I always will continue to show my support.” - West Virginia football

At 6-4, 221 Sands has great size for the position. He has adequate speed (4.57e) and is best suited for zone schemes. He is our #3 junior FS and could go as high as the late 2nd round.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Members online

Latest posts