ridiculous outrage

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of upset people on social media the past 24 hrs, over #80 being used by someone other than DD.

Lofton wore it before, had a pretty amazing career, and didn't get it retired.

There is a reason why so few numbers have been retired, it's the ultimate team honor. Driver was great and well respected by the Green Bay fans, but that doesn't translate to the ultimate honor. Other players come along and will wear famous numbers, to throw a fit about it is ridiculous

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver isn't even the best number 80 in our history. The ones who want his number retried don't know enough about the Packers history to know that and don't know that the players who have gotten retired numbers were all much better than Driver.

H

HardRightEdge

I've seen a lot of upset people on social media the past 24 hrs, over #80 being used by someone other than DD.

Lofton wore it before, had a pretty amazing career, and didn't get it retired.

There is a reason why so few numbers have been retired, it's the ultimate team honor. Driver was great and well respected by the Green Bay fans, but that doesn't translate to the ultimate honor. Other players come along and will wear famous numbers, to throw a fit about it is ridiculous
Twitter and Facebook are where thinking goes to die.

Did said complainers mention Woodson's 21 getting turned over to a rookie when the body was barely cold? It's not as though Woodson's number would be retired, but one would expect some modicum of respect rather than an attempt to blot out the memory.

Now, it's game time!

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver cleared things up on twitter and said we should support the #80 still being out there. If he is fine with it, then I don't think anyone should be too upset.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole idea of retiring #80 is utterly ridiculous.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver cleared things up on twitter and said we should support the #80 still being out there. If he is fine with it, then I don't think anyone should be too upset.

I could give 2 sh*ts what Driver thinks about it, his feelings on the matter dont swing my opinion in any way

He is also one of my top 5 favorite packers of all time

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could give 2 sh*ts what Driver thinks about it, his feelings on the matter dont swing my opinion in any way

He is also one of my top 5 favorite packers of all time

Haha, what I meant was if Driver is fine with it, I don't think it's anything to get overly upset about since I don't think it was even in discussion for retirement was it? And yeah, Donald is one of my fave Packers, too. Just an opinion, nothing to get too worked up over. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts