Ricky Williams and Randy Moss to GB?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
off the wall question

Robert Brooks?

LOL yeah I miss ol' Rob....More than him though, Id love to have Sterling back.....Dang that neck injury. He is by far the best GB reciever I ever saw play. Antonio is up there, but he was no sterling sharpe..

---We could always go after Jerry Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Freeman was good for a couple years, but Sharpe was great EVERY year.
I never got completely over his holding out the day before opening day the one season. But he WAS something to watch on the field!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
off the wall question

Robert Brooks?

LOL yeah I miss ol' Rob....More than him though, Id love to have Sterling back.....Dang that neck injury. He is by far the best GB reciever I ever saw play. Antonio is up there, but he was no sterling sharpe..

---We could always go after Jerry Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freeman was good for a couple years, but Sharpe was great EVERY year.
I never got completely over his holding out the day before opening day the one season. But he WAS something to watch on the field!

Brooks?? Sharpe?? You know, if you want receivers from USC (that is, University of South Carolina), there is one coming in this year's draft. Let's see, a WR named Rice taken 16th in the draft. Why does that sounds familiar?? :rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brooks?? Sharpe?? You know, if you want receivers from USC (that is, University of South Carolina), there is one coming in this year's draft. Let's see, a WR named Rice taken 16th in the draft. Why does that sounds familiar?? :rotflmao:

I thought you were talking about Jerry Rice. But really, I'm not sure what you were talking about.
Ignorance 1, Me 0 :(

Anyhow, I looked this up on Rice who was from Mississippi Valy, not USC.
Rice's 1984 record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.7 in the 40-yard dash) kept most wary, although there were apparently at least two exceptions: the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers. In his autobiography, Rice says the Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers, and Indianapolis Colts had kept in contact with him prior to the draft.

From that, it looks like the Packers were interested in Rice.

Yes, Dwayne Jarrett is the guy I want the Packers to take in the first round.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After quite a lot of thinking on this subject I say bring in Moss. Man, I really could see him turning up the TD rate in the red zone, not to mention those two games against the Vikings where you have to believe he would be pumped to perform big time.

I still can't see Ted doing it for some reason but I also "think" it would be the best move for giving Brett some incentive to stay this time !!!

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
"Where is the proof for this 'Mary J' in the NFL specifically the Packers as you insinuated?"

LOL as I said u cant see it..Its like the Kansas City Royals they probably wont be accused of juicin....Of course I cant prove it, and hey maybe the packers dont have anyone on their team that smokes weed, but dont think weed isnt all over the NFL cause it is....geez we r in 2007. U can believe players dont I think some do, and more than most people think.

[

If you can't prove such an allegation, don't make it. That's just rude. If there was constant reports an investigations publicly going on with it, fine, but to just say it, thats *** my friend.

Then why did you put a pic of barry under steroid users.........Never been provin....Just Rude!

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:

I thought you were talking about Jerry Rice. But really, I'm not sure what you were talking about.

Rice's 1984 record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.7 in the 40-yard dash) kept most wary, although there were apparently at least two exceptions: the Dallas Cowboys and the San Francisco 49ers. In his autobiography, Rice says the Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers, and Indianapolis Colts had kept in contact with him prior to the draft.

From that, it looks like the Packers were interested in Rice.

Yes, Dwayne Jarrett is the guy I want the Packers to take in the first round.

Lima Sweed - Texas- better than both of them......

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:

Zero,
Sterling Sharpe set many of the USC (University of South Carolina records) before being drafted by the Packers in 1988. Robert Brooks then broke several of those records at USC before the Packers drafted him in 1992. Now, a third receiver from USC, Sidney Rice has declared his eligibilty and many mock drafts that I have seen have him going between 15th and 20th in the first round. The knock that I see on him is that he is a sophmore but he is the first Gamecock to have 2 - 1000 yard seasons (Sharpe only had 1), including a 5 TD game against Florida Atlantic.

Article about Rice

And yes, the reference to a Rice being picked 16th was about Jerry -- I know he was not from USC but was picked 16th -- after other lesser WRs were picked.

Anyway, this has traveled way off topic. The thread was about Moss, Williams, or TO. I would say there is no chance whatsoever that TO ever gets invited into a Packer locker room. Williams seems content in the CFL. I could see Moss coming in but he would have to be content sharing catches with Driver (like Keyshawn Johnson and Steve Smith) and I do not know if he would be willing to do that. Regardless of who is on the field at QB, Driver will be the first read most times just because of their comfort level with him.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
And actually, more on your "moot point"- Ricky is eligible for the NFL. He was suspended for a year, and is still under contract with the Miami Dolphins. It's been said he wants to stay in the CFL, but he is elgible for the NFL. .....your lack of knowledge is permitted.

That is incorrect. Ricky Williams is banned from the NFL. He may apply for reinstatement one year after his bannishment but has no assurance of ever being permitted back into the NFL. It is up to the league office and not Ricky or the Dolphins.
A famous example is the Whizzinator, Ontario Smith. He has applied to be re-admitted to the NFL after a year but was denied. He adds no value to the NFL so his ban will likely never be rescinded.

Ricky Williams is likewise banned unless the league relents.

Please refrain from insulting others unless you possess facts to do so, blackpack.
Search the records but I doubt you will find any source that indicates Ricky Williams is eligible for the NFL.
It is what make this thread a silly one.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think that the only person of those that I would get is Moss. and that is ONLY if Brett comes back. Even if Brett came back i wouldnt get TO because I dont think he has any respect for anyone not even Favre. But I believe that Moss would have it.