Richmond RB in Green Bay

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This could be a telling sign that a high draft pick may not be utilized on a RB... looking at the UDFA market maybe?

BTW.. that is one kick **** site for keeping up with the scouting department.. a kind of must read daily for a draftnik.

http://www.railbirdcentral.com/2008/04/richmond-rb-visits-with-packers.html#links

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NFL Draft prospect and former Richmond running back Tim Hightower (pictured) is visiting with the Green Bay Packers in the days leading up to the draft just about two weeks away now.

According to TFY Draft, "Hightower was impressive at his pro-day weighing 220-pounds (nearly 15-less than his playing weight) and running 4.51 seconds. He is now being looked upon as a feature runner rather than a running back/fullback combo. Scouts are still miffed he was not invited to the combine."

As the picture above can attest, he seems like the type of player that can drag defenders along with him.

Sounds very similar to the type of back the Packers brought into training camp last year as a post-draft free agent in former UAB running back Corey White. He played mainly halfback, but filled in at fullback when needed.

White's still around this year too, so it's unknown if the Packers would want to bring in a similar running back this year. And it's also possible that the Packers may draft a running back in the earlier rounds ahead of where Hightower may go.

Members online

Latest posts