Really touching article

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't call Shurmur's widow on game days

"...Peggy Shurmur checks her watch to make sure it isn't noon. She explains ESPN will be giving an update on Brett Favre's condition and she doesn't want to miss it..."Favre has always been one of my favorites," said Peggy, who still lives in the Green Bay area. "If anyone questions why he is still playing, all they have to do is look at the picture from a couple of weeks ago, when he threw Donald Driver over his shoulder."

"Fritz would say, 'He calls himself a quarterback, but I know he is a linebacker. Toughest son of a gun I ever saw.'"

...It is hard for Peggy to listen to criticism of players she thought of as her sons. When she attended Reggie White's induction into the Packers Hall of Fame, she was thrilled to be reunited with the defensive linemen her husband helped mold.

"I feel like their unofficial house mother," she said. "They were so great to me, and that group was very special to Fritz."..."

Just for a moment the wins and losses this season dont seem that important as the rich tradition and legacy that the Packers have.

OP
OP
D

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was waiting for it to show up in someone's sig is what I also thought when I read it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was waiting for it to show up in someone's sig is what I also thought when I read it.

I was gonna. Though I'm partial to my wahbalance and i dont wanna give mix signals to the sig area police.

Members online

Latest posts