Random Sea-GB Thoughts After Re-watching

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Burnett's interception early in the 2nd quarter, Mike Daniels bull rushed a double-team and then knifed through while being held to apply pressure on Wilson, forcing him to throw quicker.

After the Packers second TD the Seahawks ran on first down, with 9:31 to go in the second quarter. The clock never ran but the point is about our D. Burnett and Thomas were at ILB and changed the alignment just before the snap. Both ran wide and eliminated themselves from the play, leaving a giant runway into our secondary. However, Guion fought off a double-team to get to Rawls' feet while Daniels shed the center's block and engulfed Rawls. Those guys make things happen and are covering up some of our warts.

I like Dean Lowry's effort and enthusiasm, but man, he just does not look like a DL in the NFL. Tall and lanky with small shoulders and a paunch. I don't need prototypical players though, just ones that produce. I hope that he reaches all of his dreams and more.

There are definitely things to like about Jared Cook. Less talked about is his blocking. With 5:40 to go he blocked beautifully downfield for a Montgomery reception. He did it again later in the 2nd when Montgomery hurt his shoulder on the run. I LOVE when WRs block downfield. Reminds me of Hines Ward's blocking skills at times.

How about some love for our stubby friend at left guard - Lane Taylor. Sure there are things that he can be doing better, but it's his first year as a starter and we rarely hear his name called out in a game. Props to TT on a solid

Datone Jones put together a nice game. He came wide on Randall's pick just before the half, forcing Wilson to scramble left and then throw across the field. Also, Randall really baited that throw. Had Wilson put it at the back of the endzone so that Baldwin didn't have to stop and wait....different story. Randall ran hard and fast to that ball though. Credit where due.

Time for bed. I'll watch the second half again tomorrow night!

D

Deleted member 6794

Datone Jones put together a nice game. He came wide on Randall's pick just before the half, forcing Wilson to scramble left and then throw across the field. Also, Randall really baited that throw. Had Wilson put it at the back of the endzone so that Baldwin didn't have to stop and wait....different story. Randall ran hard and fast to that ball though. Credit where due.

Randall made a terrific play on that interception. The Packers were in a Cover-3 on that play and it was Hyde's responsibility to cover Baldwin over the middle of the field but he messed up. Fortunately Randall saved the day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
get to the part where they sent Ringo on a corner back blitz. I'd like to see a replay on that :)

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, that olineman didnt stand a chance :)

I´m not sure if you read it, Lowry wanted to get off the field before that play but was sent back by the screaming coaching staff as the Packers only had 10 men on the field, resulting in him getting a running start on the offensive lineman.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured something goofy happened like that, but in a game where things seemed to go our way, this gaff seemed to work too as it put the lineman 3 yards back right in Wilson's lap after first contact.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m not sure if you read it, Lowry wanted to get off the field before that play but was sent back by the screaming coaching staff as the Packers only had 10 men on the field, resulting in him getting a running start on the offensive lineman.

I could watch this clip over and over. I love watching the left guard brace himself for impact. I'm actually impressed he stayed on his feet. That's a big ol' train coming downhill and he stayed on the tracks

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could watch this clip over and over. I love watching the left guard brace himself for impact. I'm actually impressed he stayed on his feet. That's a big ol' train coming downhill and he stayed on the tracks

This now has me wondering if a similar play could be drawn up and actually work in an obvious passing down. You'd have to have a defensive lineman with a decent 40 time, but a heavier body on a stunt play seems so disruptive.

D

Deleted member 6794

This now has me wondering if a similar play could be drawn up and actually work in an obvious passing down. You'd have to have a defensive lineman with a decent 40 time, but a heavier body on a stunt play seems so disruptive.

It might work with the play clock running out but otherwise opponents would most likely figure out a way to draw the defender to jump offside.

H

HardRightEdge

There are definitely things to like about Jared Cook. Less talked about is his blocking.
I've noticed that as well. He isn't going to knock anybody down, but he finds a guy who needs to be blocked and gets squared up. He's a big improvement over Rodgers' glancing blows and whiffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would have to be timed perfectly, and that assumes he doesn't just dive and take you out at the knees as a 300lb'er is running full speed at him, because it would be legal at the LOS. It was cool to see, but it would be pretty easy to beat if you're expecting it I think.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts