1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raji? Not so fast...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersRS, Apr 2, 2009.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
    Tested positive for street drug in the combine. IN THE COMBINE! WTF! Don't want him no more.

There's only 1 good thing about this, it's not steroids, so he DOES have talent. But nonetheless, I prefer a guy that won't play doped, thanks...

2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    nope drugs lead to problems with the team so dont get him hopefully a moron gets him before us we got to hope orakpo comes down to us or we will have to get the penn state de or gerogia tech dude i forgot there names sorry :p

3. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would prefer Orakpo but if he is taken Mayben from PSU can be really good

4. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Blazin' B.J.? Not uncommon for athletes to partake of the wacky weed. A certain Olympic gold medalist recently admitted to being a chronic. It's definitely risky as a team to select a player with this kind of history. However, his performance is most certainly not in jeopardy of faltering due to prior use of this banned substance. It's less harmful to the body short-term than alcohol.

I believe the Raji risk-reward ratio is right up TT's alley. He can design a deal such that any suspensions occurring due to any banned substances would greatly reduce or possibly nullify any bonus money or per-year contract dollar amounts. The scrooge TT can almost give 2nd round $$$ for a 1st rounder. This is practically a done deal now.

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Wouldn't stop me. It's not steroids. If he's the best player on the board at 9, I still take him.

Favre was hooked on painkillers. If we knew he would be hooked on pills in a few years at the time we traded for him, would you have passed on him?

6. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Favre didn't get hooked on painkillers as I recall till after he was here a couple of years.

Furthermore, I think you guys are over/under estimating Thompson by assuming he will draft a DT. Call me Crazy but I think he's going to surprise us again, My guess, is a LB, and OT, or a RB (Moreno anyone?)

7. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    oh yah id take monroe but i doent think he will go that far he was my first choice until tt could not get a good fa . but if monrow is there take him immediatley

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/03/league- ... rug-tests/
    Apparently, the NFL is refuting the news. Don't know what to think about this guy anymore. just hope TT makes a correct judgement, personal and talent wise, about him. But it's not as easy as don't touch him...

9. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    A lot of mocks have us taking a DE or OLB/DE, one I think had us taking a Tackle, but I don't remember which players.

10. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11

No he did not http://community.sportsbubbler.com/...ve/2009/04/04/packers-daily-links-4-4-09.aspx

11. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    NFL said they had not received test results yet, I believe, so.... who knows who spreads this rumor.

12. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    so 3 mock drafts lately that have the Pack taking Maybin.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    In his proday, he looked fast and agile despite putting some weight. But he didn't stand out when I watched Penn State play, unlike Brown and Orakpo.

My thoughts about who to take is:
    Jason Smith, Monroe, Orakpo, Raji, Brown, then I have pretty much a tie between Cushing, Oher, Maybin and Tyson Jackson (which to me seems like the most solid defensive pick, but doesn't have the same upside as those others, in a more talented draft he would be a second rounder at best, but if you think about it, a lot of others would be too...)

14. NormalSizedMidget

NormalSizedMidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His agent came out today in a press release saying he didn't test positive and he won't be on the list of positive tests sent to the NFL teams. Anyone else think it's possible some NFL team leaked this to SI to try to hurt his draft stock to get him to slide to them?

15. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I realize that most people wouldn't, but I'd have a tad more respect for Teddy if he started playing dirty like that. Anything to get your guy, you know?

I realize that it's not Thompson who did that, it was probably just someone who misreported something they heard. But still, it's fun to dream.

16. wizard 87

wizard 87 Old Enough To Know Better

Ratings:
    +11
    Don't care who did it but the folks who jumped all over it need to be nailed....wrong is wrong !

17. Rodgersfan1985

Rodgersfan1985 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    okay so he smokes a little pot BIG DEAL!!!! I mean if hes goona be a playmaker why not take him? I mean hell Ill smoke with him if I see him nail QB's and RB's all season long lol