Raji back to NT???

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone please refresh my memory as to why we flip flopped Picket and Raji on the D line?? Could his drop in sack production be due to playing the 5 technique instead of NT?? Is he a better fit at NT and why??

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with Raji's athleticism they wanted to move him out of the middle. In a 3-4 you want your middle lineman to take up at least 2 offensive linemen and you and you want your outside linemen to apply pressure but usually provide run-stopping as the linebackers are usually blitzing in a 3-4. We run so many different defenses I get confused watching and wondering what Dom Capers is doing sometimes but he has been around a while so I will trust him.

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah its a good point....I just feel like we got so much more of a pass rush out of him when he was head up on the center...but then again the loss of Jenkins might have alot to do with it

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now that I think about it...i don't remember him getting pushed around as much when he played NT last year. It seemed that this year when he was playing end he had more trouble holding his point of attack

Members online

Latest posts