1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raji back to NT???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bubblercheez37, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Can someone please refresh my memory as to why we flip flopped Picket and Raji on the D line?? Could his drop in sack production be due to playing the 5 technique instead of NT?? Is he a better fit at NT and why??

2. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    I think with Raji's athleticism they wanted to move him out of the middle. In a 3-4 you want your middle lineman to take up at least 2 offensive linemen and you and you want your outside linemen to apply pressure but usually provide run-stopping as the linebackers are usually blitzing in a 3-4. We run so many different defenses I get confused watching and wondering what Dom Capers is doing sometimes but he has been around a while so I will trust him.

3. bubblercheez37

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah its a good point....I just feel like we got so much more of a pass rush out of him when he was head up on the center...but then again the loss of Jenkins might have alot to do with it

4. bubblercheez37

Ratings:
    +8
    now that I think about it...i don't remember him getting pushed around as much when he played NT last year. It seemed that this year when he was playing end he had more trouble holding his point of attack