R-E-L-A-X No Reason To Get Too Giddy

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great run, but coming down to reality, we likely can't sustain this in the long run. The national media will be all about talking up the Packers this week, but reality will set in at some point and it will likely be either the Patriots or Bills game. I hope to be wrong, but just wanted to temper all of the exuberance!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Bah hum bug !!!!

I think if we get the pats game then the bills game in buffalo will be our only thorn left. Bills are or were leading the nfl in sacks and have lost some close ones. They are better than their record says.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm confident about our chances but remember how we've played against teams like Seattle and New Orleans. We still have work to do, even with a great victory over Philly.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I wouldn't call myself a Debbie Downer, but I'm definitely trying to keep my expectations in check. The last two weeks have been breathtaking, but there's still a helluva lot of football left to be played. Nose to the grindstone, humility on our sleeves, lets take down the division and ride the momentum from there!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great run, but coming down to reality, we likely can't sustain this in the long run. The national media will be all about talking up the Packers this week, but reality will set in at some point and it will likely be either the Patriots or Bills game. I hope to be wrong, but just wanted to temper all of the exuberance!

Why? What is being a fan all about? What is there to "temper"? Nobody is suggesting they're a sure bet to win the Super Bowl. I have not read one post suggesting anything like that.

Why is it so hard for some Packer fans to simply enjoy the ride? Why so compelled to throw cold water on every positive turn in the road?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? What is being a fan all about? What is there to "temper"? Nobody is suggesting they're a sure bet to win the Super Bowl. I have not read one post suggesting anything like that.

Why is it so hard for some Packer fans to simply enjoy the ride? Why so compelled to throw cold water on every positive turn in the road?

Some us remember the last three all too well. The farther the drop, the more it hurts.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate the Buccaneers either. Rodgers has had his worst career games against them(for whatever reason) and Lovie Smith knows us well. Lovie's Cover 2 defense had a lot of success slowing down Rodgers for a number of years. I know Tampa is terrible, but that game stands out to me.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well put.

A few years down the road and in the big scheme of things a Packer win or loss just doesn't mean anything. It affects your life to the extent you allow it. Enjoy the wins, players, great games, and great plays. Enjoy your friends and relatives you share the games with. That is far more important than any trophy that someone else has.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't underestimate the Buccaneers either. Rodgers has had his worst career games against them(for whatever reason) and Lovie Smith knows us well. Lovie's Cover 2 defense had a lot of success slowing down Rodgers for a number of years. I know Tampa is terrible, but that game stands out to me.
Naaaa.... There wont be any of that blistering heat in tampa at the end of december. I have family in clearwater, which is very close to tampa. I have been several times in december to visit. Been low to mid 70's and very pleasant. I think that game will be a great game for our guys and an added break from the chilly north for them. I cant see tampa and lovie getting the best of us....dont forget, we know him all to well too....and I am sure he dreads us coming to town from how stupid we made him look up in chicago.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will still savor games like this but I agree it never hurts to keep our feet on solid ground and our head out of the clouds. The road ahead of us is long but we take that road full of hope and leave nothing to look behind.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Naaaa.... There wont be any of that blistering heat in tampa at the end of december. I have family in clearwater, which is very close to tampa. I have been several times in december to visit. Been low to mid 70's and very pleasant. I think that game will be a great game for our guys and an added break from the chilly north for them. I cant see tampa and lovie getting the best of us....dont forget, we know him all to well too....and I am sure he dreads us coming to town from how stupid we made him look up in chicago.
He can run but he cannot hide!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup.
Why not get all excited over the big wins and to wait and feel let down until there is something to be let down about?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to go nuts about these last 2 wins and I think there is good reason to be feeling pretty darn good about our boys right now. There is no such thing as a lock in today's NFL but when you look at the whole picture you have to like our chances. We have the best QB in the league. We have a beast at RB with a quality backup. We have a OL that is playing pretty well right now and barring injury I think they will only get better. Wideouts are playing at a high level and there is nothing fluky about that. TE position isn't necessarily overwhelming but they are making some plays when it matters and blocking pretty good as well. Defensively we are seeing more pressure on the QB and as I've stated time and time again Clay at MLB is proving to be a game changer. The back end is playing good ball and the safety play should only get better as the season progresses. I will leave ST alone as I seem to have said enough about them already. All in all I feel there is plenty of reason for optimism and I like our chances as much as any other teams in the league. Just keep playing ball and let the chips fall where they may. If we handle bidness I see no reason why our boys can't be there standing tall when the dust settles! G P G!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the Packers can go 19-0 this year.

How's that for optimism?

:tup:
I used to predict a Packer Superbowl victory each year. Friends would counter that it was half time of the SB and point out that the Packers lost in the first round of the playoffs. I would assure them that Favre had brought the team back from even more unlikely situations.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Bah hum bug !!!!

I think if we get the pats game then the bills game in buffalo will be our only thorn left. Bills are or were leading the nfl in sacks and have lost some close ones. They are better than their record says.

I've said Bills are a potential "trap game"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We as fans can get excited all we want but it really matters how the players think and feel. I said way before the season this roster is better then 2010 team and there finally playing at the level I expected to start the season against Seahawks.

Can they sustain this level? Maybe or Maybe not but I don't believe this team or coaching staff is gonna get lackadaisical. This team can go as far as they want.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying this while it lasts. We could lose a couple along the way and we have some potential vulnerabilities but so does everyone else. That's life in the NFL. Pepper's has shown us that he's still got that special play-making ability and Matthews is back to playing like his hair is on fire. If the young kids continue to improve and we can maintain some modicum of decent health, we'll be fine for the stretch run. The injuries are really taking their toll now on many other teams.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to predict a Packer Superbowl victory each year. Friends would counter that it was half time of the SB and point out that the Packers lost in the first round of the playoffs. I would assure them that Favre had brought the team back from even more unlikely situations.
Did you find the Amish Gate at Lambeau??

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to go nuts about these last 2 wins and I think there is good reason to be feeling pretty darn good about our boys right now. There is no such thing as a lock in today's NFL but when you look at the whole picture you have to like our chances. We have the best QB in the league. We have a beast at RB with a quality backup. We have a OL that is playing pretty well right now and barring injury I think they will only get better. Wideouts are playing at a high level and there is nothing fluky about that. TE position isn't necessarily overwhelming but they are making some plays when it matters and blocking pretty good as well. Defensively we are seeing more pressure on the QB and as I've stated time and time again Clay at MLB is proving to be a game changer. The back end is playing good ball and the safety play should only get better as the season progresses. I will leave ST alone as I seem to have said enough about them already. All in all I feel there is plenty of reason for optimism and I like our chances as much as any other teams in the league. Just keep playing ball and let the chips fall where they may. If we handle bidness I see no reason why our boys can't be there standing tall when the dust settles! G P G!!

I'm on record as stating the Bears will knock the Lions off in at least one of two. I think we could play the Bears 20 times and they would be lucky to win one. Point being, I think some Packer fans are underestimating some of these wins.

I'm just enjoying the ride. I see no purpose at all in assuming every negative and taking the glass half empty on everything.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm on record as stating the Bears will knock the Lions off in at least one of two. I think we could play the Bears 20 times and they would be lucky to win one. Point being, I think some Packer fans are underestimating some of these wins.

I'm just enjoying the ride. I see no purpose at all in assuming every negative and taking the glass half empty on everything.

I believe that as well that the Bears will split with the Lions.

Reaction score
I cannot offer guarantees anymore than the next person.. But my intuition this year is that we are better than even we have witnessed. I'm not confused when I say I am not the only one who sees our potential. This is a quote from ESPN power rankings as evidence of that sentiment:
"Human victory cigar Matt Flynn has appeared in five of Green Bay's past six games. Imagine the possibilities if Aaron Rodgers threw for a full 60 minutes"
There is something magical about this team and I think our hunger will not cease until AR gets what a true leader deserves. Savor the moment, let tomorrow's problems be enough for tomorrow

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts