1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quinten Rollins

Discussion in '2015 Draft Archive' started by Ace, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    I read today that we are going to be at his pro day. After doing some initial research on him and watching some video I kind of like him. What do we know about him?

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    Rollins is an intriguing prospect but I´m not sure he will be able to step in right away and contribute. He has never played cornerback before the 2014 season so I expect it will take some time for him to get up to NFL speed.

3. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    From what I can gather he's got good size, absolutely willing to tackle, and plays the ball really well. From all accounts is a good kid, excelled in school and is a good athlete. Very raw though so basically you've answered what I initially thought.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    It seems like he´s more talented than Demetri Goodson but their backgrounds with both playing basketball for a long period is pretty similar. If the Packers don´t re-sign Tramon Williams we can´t afford to draft a cornerback to sit on the bench for an entire season.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,696
    nfldraftscout.com has him rated as the 4th. CB, low 1st to 2nd round.

He's the 7th. ranked CB at nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/quinten-rollins?id=2552263

If you read the above scouting report and strike out the "good tackling" comments, tell me that doesn't sound like Shields?

Unfortunately, with a 4.57 at the Combine, he's not in Shields recovery speed ballpark. We'll see what he does at his Pro Day. Shields and Rollins are both 5'11", but Shield's Combine vertical was 2 1/2" better than Rollins.

In short, Rollins is slow for a cover corner, he's short, and his jumping ability is not what you'd want to compensate for the height.

4th. round, maybe, if he can improve a bit on the 40 time. If the Combine was just a bad day and he puts up a 4.40 at his Pro Day, I might rethink it.

• Informative Informative x 1