1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Quinn gray

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mortfini, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    quinn gray is visting the packers on monday seems we lost getting trett green who signed for the rams yesterday
    :feedback:

2. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    If we get Gray, then we can delay drafting a QB for one maybe 2 years for depth or to replace A-rod if he doesn't pan out.

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm i'd still take a QB in the 6th or maybe as an Undrafted rookie. TT is pretty on the ball with his scouting so i reckon he'll find some good project QB's.

The prospect of signing a QB to compete with Arod rather than mentor him is interesting though. Its a choice MM and TT have to take. I dont really like the idea of ARod's being "given" the starting QB role just yet, perhaps after a decent TC battle with Gray or someone of his calibur would be beneficial.

4. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think hes beening brought in to fight with a-rod for the starting job i think its for sure as a backup

imo i would prefer to see david carr then quinn gray but he looks like hes on his way to the giants

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    id say ARod would win the battle easy enough but it would be different to bringing in a guy like Ferotte or Brunell who would pose no threat at all to him and wouldnt push him. Do you know what i mean?

7. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    gray is innacurate, but he did okay backing up david garrard

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I am not sure how a Quinn Gray would help other than to have someone compete with Aaron, but even at that it isn't much of a competion... plus he doesn't seem to fit the style of play that GB is looking for.. but hey it is some activity to keep us busy in what is a non existent portion of the season for the Packers.. early days of FA I mean.

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I read somewhere that the Packers were very interested in Quinn Gray last off-season.

In the same snippet, it was also implied that Gray was the leading candidate to be signed by the Pack as a back-up QB for A-Rod. I think it was profootball weekly where I read it, I'll see if I can find it.

10. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    You mean this one.. yep, it possible.. but I am curious to why. Maybe I need to brush up on Quinn Gray's style of play..

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers030808.htm

Our Packers sources tell us that, even before Brett Favre announced his retirement, the team had its eye on UFA QB Quinn Gray of the Jaguars, who is now being seriously considered for the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers, among numerous other possibilities via free agency or trade.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For the record (no, I'm not an insider), I seriously doubt that anyone will be competing for Aaron's job. His job is pretty much set in stone unless Favre decides to quit retirement.

If we bring in anyone, it's for the #2 spot vs Craig Nall.

12. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I have seen Nall's name thrown around all offseason, but he has yet to be resigned.. unless I missed something..

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Quinn Gray. I think he has the talent and with good coaching could be a good backup to Rodgers. I wouldn't mine this signing at all but I still rather see the Pack bring in a veteran too.

14. PackFanWithTwins

PackFanWithTwins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could be TT is waiting until after FA and the draft for Nall, so he knows how much money is left to put in Nall's contract as bogus incentives.

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quinn Gray is awesome. I've always liked that guy. He's got some starting experience, and could be a valuable backup.

16. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we need to draft a QB no matter who is signed as the #2 and if I had my druthers I would look for a #2 with a little more seasoning than Gray and several young prospects to battle for the final spot.

17. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know how his visit went?

18. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    seriously we haven't had any news or anything lately

19. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather have Daunte Culpepper or Byron Leftwich.

Come on. Quinn Gray backed up Leftwich.

20. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
  21. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

It went very well they had some tea Some sandwhiches a little video gaming

no in all fairness i dont think it went very well unless they would have signed him

22. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  23. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never heard of Quinn Grey :shock:

24. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah... nvm now I know

25. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think TT will ever throw the big pitch at FA's. I bet he just says if you wanna win football games join us but if you want to feck around and just add to your jewellery and car collections then you can get lost. Simple As.