Quinn gray

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get Gray, then we can delay drafting a QB for one maybe 2 years for depth or to replace A-rod if he doesn't pan out.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get Gray, then we can delay drafting a QB for one maybe 2 years for depth or to replace A-rod if he doesn't pan out.

hmm i'd still take a QB in the 6th or maybe as an Undrafted rookie. TT is pretty on the ball with his scouting so i reckon he'll find some good project QB's.

The prospect of signing a QB to compete with Arod rather than mentor him is interesting though. Its a choice MM and TT have to take. I dont really like the idea of ARod's being "given" the starting QB role just yet, perhaps after a decent TC battle with Gray or someone of his calibur would be beneficial.

OP
OP
M

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think hes beening brought in to fight with a-rod for the starting job i think its for sure as a backup

imo i would prefer to see david carr then quinn gray but he looks like hes on his way to the giants

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think hes beening brought in to fight with a-rod for the starting job i think its for sure as a backup

imo i would prefer to see david carr then quinn gray but he looks like hes on his way to the giants

id say ARod would win the battle easy enough but it would be different to bringing in a guy like Ferotte or Brunell who would pose no threat at all to him and wouldnt push him. Do you know what i mean?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I am not sure how a Quinn Gray would help other than to have someone compete with Aaron, but even at that it isn't much of a competion... plus he doesn't seem to fit the style of play that GB is looking for.. but hey it is some activity to keep us busy in what is a non existent portion of the season for the Packers.. early days of FA I mean.

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the Packers were very interested in Quinn Gray last off-season.

In the same snippet, it was also implied that Gray was the leading candidate to be signed by the Pack as a back-up QB for A-Rod. I think it was profootball weekly where I read it, I'll see if I can find it.

Pack93z

Reaction score
You mean this one.. yep, it possible.. but I am curious to why. Maybe I need to brush up on Quinn Gray's style of play..

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers030808.htm

Our Packers sources tell us that, even before Brett Favre announced his retirement, the team had its eye on UFA QB Quinn Gray of the Jaguars, who is now being seriously considered for the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers, among numerous other possibilities via free agency or trade.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record (no, I'm not an insider), I seriously doubt that anyone will be competing for Aaron's job. His job is pretty much set in stone unless Favre decides to quit retirement.

If we bring in anyone, it's for the #2 spot vs Craig Nall.

Pack93z

Reaction score
For the record (no, I'm not an insider), I seriously doubt that anyone will be competing for Aaron's job. His job is pretty much set in stone unless Favre decides to quit retirement.

I have seen Nall's name thrown around all offseason, but he has yet to be resigned.. unless I missed something..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Quinn Gray. I think he has the talent and with good coaching could be a good backup to Rodgers. I wouldn't mine this signing at all but I still rather see the Pack bring in a veteran too.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

I have seen Nall's name thrown around all offseason, but he has yet to be resigned.. unless I missed something..

Could be TT is waiting until after FA and the draft for Nall, so he knows how much money is left to put in Nall's contract as bogus incentives.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to draft a QB no matter who is signed as the #2 and if I had my druthers I would look for a #2 with a little more seasoning than Gray and several young prospects to battle for the final spot.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know how his visit went?

It went very well they had some tea Some sandwhiches a little video gaming

no in all fairness i dont think it went very well unless they would have signed him

I dont think TT will ever throw the big pitch at FA's. I bet he just says if you wanna win football games join us but if you want to **** around and just add to your jewellery and car collections then you can get lost. Simple As.

Latest posts