Questions about Lambeau Field... suggestions?

GoBengals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings Packers fans.

i hate to be the enemy looking for advice, but no one would know better about your Field than packers fans themselves.

I am heading to the Game in September this year, it will be my first trip to green bay.

Lambeau doesnt seem to be the most convenient place to see a game, from a fan perspective, no actual seats and seemingly no differential in levels of the stadium, just one big slope.

Typically I like a lower level sideline seat, Obviously im going to spend $150-250 from ebay or stubhub, etc.

For those who frequent games, how is the seating?

seems most people use a stadium padded seat of their own? i doubt i will have such a thing,

is there any certain row that viewing of the field is noticeably worse?

is it odd or overly crowded on the bleacher seats?

any recommendations for furthest row you'd recommend or any other general information?

thanks for any advice.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I will be attending this game as well.

Bleacher seating at Lambeau does get a bit cramped in the colder months when everyone is wearing big winter coats.

I always rent one of the clip on seats for $6. You just leave it there when the game is over. Here is what they look like:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

These are very nice, unless you have an aisle seat; in which case sometimes they will get pushed off the end of the row.

As far as viewing levels, I cannot really answer that, as every time I have gone (4 games)I have been in row 10 or closer. Although while walking around the stadium, there really didn't seem to be a bad view from anywhere.

How many days are you staying? And have you booked a hotel yet?

OP
OP
G

GoBengals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I will be attending this game as well.

Bleacher seating at Lambeau does get a bit cramped in the colder months when everyone is wearing big winter coats.

I always rent one of the clip on seats for $6. You just leave it there when the game is over. Here is what they look like:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

These are very nice, unless you have an aisle seat; in which case sometimes they will get pushed off the end of the row.

As far as viewing levels, I cannot really answer that, as every time I have gone (4 games)I have been in row 10 or closer. Although while walking around the stadium, there really didn't seem to be a bad view from anywhere.

How many days are you staying? And have you booked a hotel yet?

Thanks for the reply!

I will fly into milwaukee saturday and drive up from there, so i will be town from saturday eveninf to monday afternoon. Is there a reasonable place to stay in town or should i stay somewhere between milwaukee and GB?

Is there anything to do in town the night before or after?

Thanks!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most, if not all the hotels in Green Bay, on Packers weekends, have a 2 night minimum at about $115 a night or more. Many are already sold out; but there are probably still a few with rooms available. The Motel 6 on Shawono Ave has a few left. (I just checked their website) at $119 a night. This is a little over 2 miles from the stadium.

If you don't mind a short drive, you can stay in Appleton, for about half the price, which is about 30 miles Southwest of Green Bay. Do a search on Orbitz for Appleton, WI hotels and you will find a few.

Parking at Lambeau on game day is sold out to season ticket holders. However there are many other nearby options. You can park at the K-Mart across the street for a about $25. And there are many residents near Lambeau, especially along Oneida St. that offer parking in their yards for $10-$30.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would try to find a place closer to GB..

Appleton, Manitowoc, that way its only a short drive to GB

I never went out to do things the night before a game, but hung out with friends at our hotels...

Ironman or others could point you to things to do

But in and around the stadium there are lot of bars that always have things going on before games

OP
OP
G

GoBengals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many thanks for the info. I'm glad I will be there in September and not have to dea lwith the cold weather. Ohio is bad enough.

Thanks again!

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go Bengals--I would suggest you stay in hotel in Green Bay,. Seeing you are already driving to and from Milwaukee, you may like to stay in Green Bay. and save more driving,if you stay in a city outside of GB.
I would suggest as nice small, locally owned Hotel with clean and confortable rooms at low cost.
It is Mariner Inn on the Fox River. Their room rates for a Packer home game daily rate is $59 plus tax -2 day minimum reservation. I have personally inspected their rooms have found them to be clean, neat and comfortable. There is a Restaurant/Bar just in front of the hotel, which has good food. It is called Sconnies Pub and eatery.

The Mariner Inn Phone number is 920-437-3760 www.marinergreenbay.com
Address: 2222 Riverside Dr. Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301.

Mariner Inn has room vacancies for the Packer-Bengal game weekend.

If you want to check out room vacancies for that weekend at the large and newer Hotels in Green Bay. Contact Packer Country Regional Tourism office-
Phone Toll free 1-888-867-3342 www.packercountry.com. Most hotels in Green Bay on Packer homegame weekends price their rooms at preimium price.

If you have any questions about Gree nbAy, The Packers, Lambeau Field. Post them under this topic and I will post answers to your questions.

PWT36 (Phil)located in DePere, Wi, which is 5 miles from Lambeau Field

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
For the Packers fans. Do the teams that come in still stay in Appleton or do they stay in Green Bay now? I know they used to stay at the Paper Valley in downtown Appleton years ago.

For GoBengals. Rent the seat, you "seat" will appreciate it by the end of the game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
RaptorMan, from what I believe they still stay in the Raddison in downtown Appleton.

If you can call it "downtown" of course ;)

Hey, careful now, that's my hometown you're talking about! If you can make the "walk of death" you can talk smack about it. Of course I don't know how tough that would be these days since I have been home in 3 years. :beer:

Members online

Latest posts