Lambeau Field to host a European soccer exhibition game

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Now, I don't know squat about soccer - you know, guys running around in their underwear and all - but I might just avail myself of the opportunity to check this out this summer.

I understand this sport might have a few fans world-wide. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Now, I don't know squat about soccer - you know, guys running around in their underwear and all - but I might just avail myself of the opportunity to check this out this summer.

It`s called FOOTBALL worldwide. Should be a good game though. :D

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
At the risk of seriously shooting myself in the foot........watch the world cup England/USA game...lol
The US has a soccer team? Who would have guessed. Do they get pieces of fruit and a boxed fruit juice after each game too? and...and...and... participation ribbons?

A "world cup"? As in a plastic athletic supporter?

I

The US has a soccer team? Who would have guessed. Do they get pieces of fruit and a boxed fruit juice after each game too? and...and...and... participation ribbons?

A "world cup"? As in a plastic athletic supporter?
That`s about as much as either of us will ever win....lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
but I might just avail myself of the opportunity to check this out this summer.
Take care. I've heard the spectators get to beat on each other if they root for the opposing side. Kind of foreshadowing our political future.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That`s about as much as either of us will ever win....lol

Take care. I've heard the spectators get to beat on each other if they root for the opposing side. Kind of foreshadowing our political future.
Packers/Bears ... phft... that's old hat. The only thing I'd fear is having to sing in unison...

I

Packers/Bears ... phft... that's old hat. The only thing I'd fear is having to sing in unison...
You`d be safe old sport. Can`t speak for everybody. They pass around a song sheet anyway ;)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Reporting you to the Mod's.
You're absolutely correct. Bill deserves a reward for that post - or, as I said, at least a participation ribbon, perhaps that plastic athletic supporter discussed earlier.

Hey ... what IS that goat doing to the logo in your avatar there?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You're absolutely correct. Bill deserves a reward for that post - or, as I said, at least a participation ribbon, perhaps that plastic athletic supporter discussed earlier.

Hey ... what IS that goat doing to the logo in your avatar there?
Posing. :)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My son got me tickets for this.
So ... are you going? I would imagine so but ya never know when a family wedding or milking time conflicts. It was interesting, I ran into a couple of guys in a Fond du Lac Kwik Trip sporting their soccer jerseys - and - they spoke funny. ;) Speaking in a language I did not understand ... sure enough, they were from UK, but were in the Colonies for E.A.A. in Oshkosh, not the Futbal match. They weren't even aware it was going on tonight...and were going to try to land tickets. Whether or not they did, I don't know.

Back in the day, EAA was really slick if you were living in Oshkosh - I managed a tavern in downtown Oshkosh for 5 years while in college and I absolutely LOVED E.A.A. and all of the really cool people it brought in from all over the world that would essentially take over the city of Oshkosh. EAA isn't like that anymore. They've pretty much become a self-contained entity out there in the airport I pay for, for 8 days useage. The convention goers don't let 'er happen downtown anywhere near as much as the early to late '80's.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
omg that was a disaster...sold out 80k at the nfl crown jewel pitch - the nfl gods were angry my friends - 80 minute match? It took about 5 minutes to immediately hear the crowd turn on Jack Grealish. I loved the boorish announcer though. He seemed a bit miffed at the whole scene. The good news is the Green Bay area profited to the tune of 10 million for it. No one was hurt in the crowd. LOL

Last edited:
I

omg that was a disaster...sold out 80k at the nfl crown jewel pitch - the nfl gods were angry my friends - 80 minute match? It took about 5 minutes to immediately hear the crowd turn on Jack Grealish. I loved to boorish announcer though. He seemed a bit miffed at the whole scene. The good news is the Green Bay area profited to the tune of 10 million for it. No one was hurt in the crowd. LOL
Did you enjoy it though ?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you enjoy it though ?
The conditions were admittedly borderline dangerous considering the same storms came right through my area 3 hours previous and lightning hit the next door neighbors tree in the back yard. The hatred for Grealish was entertaining though. That announcer was not impressed w the whole scene, which I got good chuckles from. The play was ok and the players seemed to be fine with the venue for sure.

I

The conditions were admittedly borderline dangerous considering the same storms came right through my area 3 hours previous and lightning hit the next door neighbors tree in the back yard. The hatred for Grealish was entertaining though. That announcer was not impressed w the whole scene, which I got good chuckles from. The play was ok and the players seemed to be fine with the venue for sure.
Everybody hates Grealish for some reason. He is a ****** though....lol

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts