Punting and no respect for A-Rod

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things come to mind after todays game. 1) TTs philosophy of devaluing the special teams skill postions were evident today. I could punt the ball farther and with more hang time than Masthay. How long are we going to allow walk-ons at these skill postions? TT goes into the draft looking for the best player but at some point, you have to address needs at positions like punter, returner, etc. Our special teams are, well, not very special. Not even average. Embarrasing comes to mind.
2) Why don't the refs respect A-rod? I'm not saying or complaing it's costing us games. I'm more interested in the guy's survival. What is it about wearing a green and gold jersy that allow late hits, leading with the helmet hits, blows to the head, etc. What has to happen to finally get a call and save this guy's career?

Next week's game is going to be hard to watch unless some things change. Not that the Queens are a power house by any means but a team without a legit running game is going to make for a long day for Mr. Rodgers.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
our special teams is a joke, I'd blame our O-line not the refs, they cant just stare at the qb everyplay and see if he's getting hit in the head, he should not be getting hit at all....People always complain about refs when they are losing, but that doesn't make your team any better, you shouldn't put game's in the ref's hands, any halfway decent NFL coach knows that.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't get it at all. Seems like some QBs in the league get too many calls and others get no calls. Unfortunately, we're on the wrong end of the spectrum. I've just kind of noticed this throughout the year, it seems like we get called for a lot of penalties that our opponents don't. Maybe it's just me being a fan of my team and maybe all fans see things one sided like this, but I don't know, it just really seems that way this season.

Reaction score
by the way the hit on rodgers ended in a fine. odd, no penalty but a fine. this league is getting more puzzling every week

The NFL has fined Redskins DE Jeremy Jarmon $5,000 for his Week 5 helmet-to-helmet hit on QB Aaron Rodgers in overtime.
Jarmon was not penalized after the play, but Rodgers suffered a mild concussion as a result of the hit. :Talkative:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd like to see Ted spend a pick on a punter.

Anybody see how Zoltan Mesko flipped field position today with a 65 yard punt for New England late in their game? I want that.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
by the way the hit on rodgers ended in a fine. odd, no penalty but a fine. this league is getting more puzzling every week

The NFL has fined Redskins DE Jeremy Jarmon $5,000 for his Week 5 helmet-to-helmet hit on QB Aaron Rodgers in overtime.
Jarmon was not penalized after the play, but Rodgers suffered a mild concussion as a result of the hit. :Talkative:

Thank you so much for posting that!!!!!!! Funny, I was just thinking about it as I hadn't heard anything. There is some justice after all. They had better fine him if they fined Zombo!!! Be consistent!

OP
OP
tripleguy

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Punting again gave the opposition some great field postion and poor/blown kick coverage did as well. What was our average starting field position - like the 25 if that? Probably less because of the punt that was fair caught at the 8. I'm just happy if we run the kick off out past the 20 without fumbling - how sad is that? And when we needed a booming punt, seems we got a 35 yard line drive that gave the Fins the ball near mid field. Shame on you TT. You know it's bad when you've got dudes from Latvia trying out for punter (OK, Australia). Why not take a road trip to Angola and check out the soccer clubs in the hopes of finding someone can punt the ball? Ted's a *****.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'd like to see Ted spend a pick on a punter.

Anybody see how Zoltan Mesko flipped field position today with a 65 yard punt for New England late in their game? I want that.
Yeah, I saw that thinking about how bad our punting can get. That guy had some great punts.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RE: Penalties- Because we get screwed so often, I now look for times where we're getting hosed. For example, James Jones was 12 yards down the field when the guy was still jamming him up. No penalty. Woodson hits a guy 7 yards out and draws an illegal contact flag. WTF?

Anyway, I know we more or less need to play better to take the refs out of the game, but goodamn it if it wouldn't be nice to get a little balance sometimes.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
And here we hear the sports casters cry about protecting the QB but hey lets leave out A-Rod since his O-Line sucks. Well maybe if you throw a flag, the defense may stop trying to knock his socks off.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying they shouldn't go after the QB, that would defeat the purpose of having a defense and I wouldn't want to deny the Packers from having a chance to sack. If a QB can't take hits, he has no business being on the field to begin with. Just cut out the helmet to helmet nonsense and don't deliberately attempt to injure someone. I draw the line at that. If the QB or any other player gets hurt as a result of a legit hit, that's not the players fault. That's football.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's just how bad the officiating has been for us, A-Rod, the guy who never publicly let out any frustration is now starting to complain to the refs. This has got to stop.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
RE: Penalties- Because we get screwed so often, I now look for times where we're getting hosed. For example, James Jones was 12 yards down the field when the guy was still jamming him up. No penalty. Woodson hits a guy 7 yards out and draws an illegal contact flag. WTF?

Anyway, I know we more or less need to play better to take the refs out of the game, but goodamn it if it wouldn't be nice to get a little balance sometimes.

Our QB gets nailed on the chin and no call? And a game changing ticky-tack penalty near the end (the "lining up over the center call")? Geez, man, that was a surprise call to even the Dolphins! The Dolphins were like, "What? Was there a penalty on us?" over on the sidelines. That is just wrong.

All whining aside, I agree that a good team would put enough distance between themselves and the other team to neutralize a poor call or two.

And a good team is what the Packers are not.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our QB gets nailed on the chin and no call? And a game changing ticky-tack penalty near the end (the "lining up over the center call")? Geez, man, that was a surprise call to even the Dolphins! The Dolphins were like, "What? Was there a penalty on us?" over on the sidelines. That is just wrong.

All whining aside, I agree that a good team would put enough distance between themselves and the other team to neutralize a poor call or two.

And a good team is what the Packers are not.

If you are referring to the helmet to helmet hit on Rogers in the Skins game, that player may of not been penalized for it but he was fined. Somebody posted it in another thread and I think there is a link too. I'm having trouble finding that post, too many threads everywhere, LOL! I'll edit and post it in here if I can find it!

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "lining up over the center" call on the punt was beyond ridiculous. Francois was much farther off the line of scrimmage than what Clifton is when Clifton gets called for "not being on the line of scrimmage."

How does that work...???

OP
OP
tripleguy

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pics don't lie

The "lining up over the center" call on the punt was beyond ridiculous. Francois was much farther off the line of scrimmage than what Clifton is when Clifton gets called for "not being on the line of scrimmage."

How does that work...???

Packers have pictures just before the snap. Francois was lined up 1.5 - 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. Rules say no lining up over center on the line of scrimmage. Defensive player, if lined up over center, must be a minimum of 1 yard off the line. Obviously, we didn't have that working for us. Yes, a good team should be able to survive a bad call or two but we're getting a disproportionate number of them these days. Hopefully it will start to even out.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Packers have pictures just before the snap. Francois was lined up 1.5 - 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. Rules say no lining up over center on the line of scrimmage. Defensive player, if lined up over center, must be a minimum of 1 yard off the line. Obviously, we didn't have that working for us. Yes, a good team should be able to survive a bad call or two but we're getting a disproportionate number of them these days. Hopefully it will start to even out.
Why not make these public? What have we got to lose? Can we be fined for this? Seriously, is there anything the team can do about this? It's getting really bad.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
all i gotta say is super bowl teams find ways to win. defense wins championship.

these last two games have shown me that
1. We cant pull through to win when the game is on the line and...
2. Our defense gives up big plays and charles woodson loves himself some penalties

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i gotta say is super bowl teams find ways to win. defense wins championship.

these last two games have shown me that
1. We cant pull through to win when the game is on the line and...
2. Our defense gives up big plays and charles woodson loves himself some penalties
When you get called for a DPI when the receiver runs you over I tend to think that most of the calls against Chuck are BS

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you get called for a DPI when the receiver runs you over I tend to think that most of the calls against Chuck are BS

Agreed. He gets called for things most other DB's don't. Pure nonsense, especially when you can draw a flag by having the receiver run into you. What's he supposed to do, move out of the way to the receiver can catch the ball?

adisonjackson12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, why have you gone against A-Rod all of a sudden. I reckon, he is a decent player and should be given the respect he deserves. I have immense respect for this player and feel that should stay in the team for as long as possible.

Members online

Latest posts