Pretty Pony's Rule.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Moss = No Favre?

Screw it, man. Favre either plays or he doesn't. This team is going to be built for the long-term and either he will be the quarterback or Aaron Rodgers will. Either way the team is built how it is.

I highly doubt a free agent receiver will sway Favre. We need a more solid team. Let's fill the gaps and make another run at it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: No Moss = No Favre?

Raider Pride said:
11:39 PM here in Pomano Beach, Florida.

I am going to bed.

I leave you all with this. One of the best personal NFL Player Web Sites I have seen.

http://www.therealrandymoss.com/

You know, RP, I was putting a lot of thought into this. It's really a close call to say if we should spend our money on Randy Moss or an OLB.

I personally think Gregorious is currently the #7 or #8 best WR in the NFL and Driver is probably anywhere from #15-20. Moss is hands down #1. Yes, if anyone wants to argue with me that Moss isn't the #1 WR in the NFL, go ahead but I'll make you look stupid.

Maybe we should consider it.

Whatever TT & MM decide, I'll support. They have to weigh things, like money, chemistry, salary cap, and a slew of other concerns that we probably haven't thought of.

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Between this take and the one saying Favre wasn't sure how bad the Packers wanted him, I really hope that Favre has a press conference soon and clears all this up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Between this take and the one saying Favre wasn't sure how bad the Packers wanted him, I really hope that Favre has a press conference soon and clears all this up.
Even if it's true, I think Favre is too classy to slap the team like that.
I think he would keep that to himself if it is the case.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Moss = No Favre?

i dont think a press conference would be Favre's style, an interview in his local paper to his friend who is the editor there would be more like it. Its called the Billoxi Times or something.

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

joym13 said:
Even if it's true, I think Favre is too classy to slap the team like that.
I think he would keep that to himself if it is the case.

That's what I mean, I don't believe either story, so I hope he denies these claims. Sounds like he did leave a voicemail to Mort - maybe that's all he's going to do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

i dont think a press conference would be Favre's style, an interview in his local paper to his friend who is the editor there would be more like it. Its called the Billoxi Times or something.

3pm p/c brett is not there

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Moss = No Favre?

if Moss is what puts him into retirement...then happy trails Brett. Sorry you had to go out like that. For a guy who was known for being a team player I hope it didnt come down to a selfish thing like pouting that the team didnt screw its salary cap for years to come for you to play another year or two with an over-rated WR.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
No Moss = No Favre?

Moss wearing a Packers uniform had nothing to do with Brett's decision to retire. Those who feel it was, well, think of this way. Is Brett the kind of person to end a career based on someone else? Brett has repeatedly stated he wanted to leave on his OWN terms.

He's done just that. These types of threads are a waste. Hopefully my comment will give others the right perception.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

These types of threads are a waste.

Well, that being the case, why aren't you reading great threads on your amazing site. Don't let the door hit ya.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
These types of threads are a waste.

Well, that being the case, why aren't you reading great threads on your amazing site. Don't let the door hit ya.

Sorry I offended you, but you don't have to keep downloading video's anymore. ;)

edit,
No:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday.

In his voice mail message to Mortensen on Tuesday, Favre said the Packers' lack of pursuit of Moss was not the driving reason why he retired.

"This is not about the Packers and who they got or who they didn't get. I get along fine with [Thompson] and I get along great with [McCarthy]. Do I agree with them all the time? No. But the bottom line is, none of that stuff affected my decision," Favre said.

Members online

Latest posts