Prediction on how many wins GB has at end of regular season...

How many wins do we end up with in regular season?

• 1-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-7

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 7-9

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • 9 or 10

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 10 or 11

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 11 or 12

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 12 or 13

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 13 or 14

• 14 - 17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone saying less than 5 wins and 1st pick is wrong.

I see 6-10 wins...a possible road wildcard game and sadly a loss for year 1 with Love. Any more I will be pleasantly shocked, any less I will be looking for people to lose their jobs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone saying less than 5 wins and 1st pick is wrong.

I see 6-10 wins...a possible road wildcard game and sadly a loss for year 1 with Love. Any more I will be pleasantly shocked, any less I will be looking for people to lose their jobs.
6 or 7 maybe. After watching KC and Detroit I know it is early but I do not see us anywhere close to them. Just look at how few penalties were committed in Week One. Lions used to average 6-10 per game. The one carrot this year is the weaker schedule.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching KC and Detroit I know it is early but I do not see us anywhere close to them.
The thing about the Lions is their head coach, Dan Campbell, looks like he could kick MLF's ****. Andy Reid looked like somebody's sleepy grandpa at Thanksgiving. MLF doesn't look very intimidating.

(I almost wrote MJF instead of MLF accidentally, some wrestling fans might understand that).

Reaction score
With Joe Barry at the helm. NO CHANCE.
This will definitely be his last season in GB if we don’t improve into that top 12-13 or better range. We had our best Pass Rusher go down and had a Rookie 5th rounder take his place and we still finished a respectable 17th in scoring. We also have 2 top 32 selections going into their Sophomore seasons and looks like we get our Edge1 back relatively soon. I expect a jump in production from Wyatt this year as they toyed with him last year. Overall our Run
D should be improved as it will be an emphasis after that shellacking mid 2022

As long as we stay league average or better injury wise and even with all the negative heat Joe has taken, I still think the reality is that Barry can crack that top 12 range
(or better).

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This thread has been an interesting re-read. I predicted 9-10 working on the assumption that the o-line and underlying talent base would make the Pack mediocre -- I have to admit, I thought Bahk and Jenkins would be back and the team controlling the L.O.S. is going to compete.

It's early but our o-line stinks ... our d-line stinks ... as I said, I predicted 9-10, and it ain't happenin'..

Reaction score
This thread has been an interesting re-read. I predicted 9-10 working on the assumption that the o-line and underlying talent base would make the Pack mediocre -- I have to admit, I thought Bahk and Jenkins would be back and the team controlling the L.O.S. is going to compete.

It's early but our o-line stinks ... our d-line stinks ... as I said, I predicted 9-10, and it ain't happenin'..
True.
I still like my guess at 7
At 2-3 I think we can beat Denver. The Broncos looked very Packer ish dysfunctional
Yet we are back home and should be getting healthy after holding Jones, Campbell and Jenkins out. I suspect 2 of those 3 are back next weekend

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I felt 7 was a good season. And that could be pressing right now.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True.
I still like my guess at 7
At 2-3 I think we can beat Denver. The Broncos looked very Packer ish dysfunctional
Yet we are back home and should be getting healthy after holding Jones, Campbell and Jenkins out. I suspect 2 of those 3 are back next weekend
For some reason the Packers never have played well IN Denver. Is it true that there only in season win there was Favre's OT bomb to Jennings in 07 on MNF?

Reaction score
For some reason the Packers never have played well IN Denver. Is it true that there only in season win there was Favre's OT bomb to Jennings in 07 on MNF?
Yes that is true. We are 1-6 @ Denver since 1971 (2007 OT Win)

Denver had never Won in GB though. Their record at Lambeau is 0-6-1
(1997 Tie game)

Home field is always helpful but good point, it’s even more so a help for us at Lambeau

This has the makings of a lower scoring contest. Both teams have kinda sucked lately on Offense

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes that is true. We are 1-6 @ Denver since 1971 (2007 OT Win)

Denver had never Won in GB though. Their record at Lambeau is 0-6-1
(1997 Tie game)

Home field is always helpful but good point, it’s even more so a help for us at Lambeau

This has the makings of a lower scoring contest. Both teams have kinda sucked lately on Offense
We do have a history with Wilson, however. In Seattle he was a thorn. When he came to Lambeau the G Force thwarted him.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Broncos looked very Packer ish dysfunctional
That is framed up so well.

I have to admit that I advised my very optimistic son at the beginning of the season to have NO expectations - not to be a nattering nabob, rather to save himself some angst, trying to prepare him for what was coming. I may have predicted 9-10 wins but that was pure speculation, again, I'm a believer in controlling the line of scrimmage - the fat uglies are always the main cogs in my world.

I also have to admit that I poo'poo'd, the defense in anticipation and I have to admit that they've played well enough against lesser teams and looked like a "Joe's product" against offenses that can find their butt with both hands - unfortunately, the Pack's offense has apparently suffered some sort of tragic accident that severed all of their hands - so, no butt finding there. I'll also say that #33's return probably won't be the magic "alixer" that everyone is hoping for...because of the "severed hands incident".

Hoping I'm wrong but when your RB runs into a pulling guard who is standing straight up, all but flat-footed, wondering where the heck he's supposed to be (yeah, I'm looking at you #76), we've got problems and Stenovich isn't an O.C. - hell of a line coach.. anyway ... the bye week gives us Pack fans the time to "self scout" ourselves too. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
See my previous post, referencing specifically "butts" and "both hands". :roflmao: It's almost one of Jethro Gibbs' rules that the Lambeau mystique (remember that?) has become a "phfart-in-the-wind" (remember that as well? No royalties to Ron Wolf though).

Reaction score
That sounds like reason for hope. Too bad MLF can't win a game after the bye.
I know it takes a great deal of Faith. But I still believe that our Offense can gradually pull out of a Stall. It will take everything we can muster to not crash.
I don’t expect to put up big points. However I do expect to see small improvements as we traverse the season. We’ve had a couple rough games, but @Chicago isn’t that far behind us and we did actually move the ball pretty good.

Aaron Jones is an underestimated RB even by his own fans to some degree. No he’s not Christian McCaffree but he is a top 10 RB. Those players being out absolutely hurt an Offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

So to finish at 9-10, you would have to finish the regular season 8-9, win a playoff game and lose the 2nd. Doubt that record gets you into the playoffs.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watching the 49ers? Dont know if there's a betting post in here or anything. But obviously the public has their money on the niners. The refs made 3 terrible calls in a row that benefitted the browns greatly.

I dont have money on the games nor do I give a fck about either team. But that was a bit interesting to say the least

The grounding on Purdy... clearly he was throwing to the player on the crossing route while on the move and was being hit as he released the ball causing it to flutter incomplete.

The personal foul on 31 was bs. The Browns player intentionally lowered his head to try and force contact to his head. Still the 49ers player didnt hit him in the head. He hit him in the chest.

Then that pass interference on 7 I believe. The Browns wr clearly touched the ball before the 49ers player made contact. It was actually a really good and well timed play. The niners D looks really good, will see in this game so did the Browns

Whether the 49ers complete the comeback or not. It seens the refs are doing their best to try to influence games

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The grounding on Purdy... clearly he was throwing to the player on the crossing route while on the move and was being hit as he released the ball causing it to flutter incomplete.
That's what I thought until I saw the reply. That ball did not land anywhere near the receiver.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I thought until I saw the reply. That ball did not land anywhere near the receiver.
I will say that the penalty on the hit should not have been called. He was defenseless. But there was no leading with the helmet. If the receiver catches the ball do you just congratulate him and let him go?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I originally had the Packers winning 7 games. Bears, Falcons, Saints, Raiders, Broncos, Panthers and Bears/MN. I think they can split with MN, or they will lose to the bears in round two. They already lost to the Falcons and Raiders. Relooking at it all, I think there are two wins left on this schedule with the chance at three. I do think they will beat the Broncos. Now, I totally can see them losing it. I thought they would beat the Raiders too. I'm not comfortable going into any game. The other win is against the Panthers. Those are the two games I feel the most comfortable saying they have a solid chance at a win. I do think they can beat MN. MN's defense is pretty bad and their oline stinks too. I think they also have a chance at the bears. At this point, 6 wins is tops. I'm guessing it is 4-5 though. This is a top ten draft pick bad type of team. I'm hoping Rodgers can come back yet this season and play his 65% of snaps to get that 1st rounder out of the Jets.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It did not but that is because he was running hard to the right, trying to throw back across his body while being tackled. **** even if the defender wasnt there at all, that ball could have been way off just do to the sprinting right throwing left factor.

The one after that, they did not call was way further from the wr. Somebody on the sidelines caught it. But it was same situation sprint right, throw left while being hit

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say that the penalty on the hit should not have been called. He was defenseless. But there was no leading with the helmet. If the receiver catches the ball do you just congratulate him and let him go?

Ok my other issue with this is those were coincidentally 3 penalties that cannot be reviewed.

Someone please explain to me why that hit couldnt be reviewed so they could see the wr intentionally lower his head and the defender still hit him in the chest?

Why cant that PI be reviewed so they can see contact wasnt made until after the Browns player touched the ball? Why cant grounding be reviewed to see if hes outside the tackle box or if the arrant throw was caused by degree of difficulty and being hit?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you can see where the tackle not the Te is lined up. And oh look Purdy is a few feet further toward the sideline when he releases the ball

Look how far away the tackle is from the hash mark and how far Purdy is from the hash when he releases the ball. Clearly not the same distance. Purdy is further toward the sideline than the tackle was

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016_080949_NFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016_080949_NFL.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20231016_080858_NFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016_080858_NFL.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20231016_080949_NFL~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016_080949_NFL~3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Members online