Prediction on how many wins GB has at end of regular season...

How many wins do we end up with in regular season?

• 1-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-7

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 7-9

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • 9 or 10

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 10 or 11

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 11 or 12

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 12 or 13

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 13 or 14

• 14 - 17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter anymore. They have achieved the minimum I expected to have a decent acceptable season. Two games left and they are still realistically in the playoff hunt. Win out and have a few games break their way. Before the season started most would have considered that a pipe dream. Again the last half the season is dominated by a HC backing a questionable DC over the defenses poor play. Most posters would have flipped the script and been demanding a high pick be spent for another QB. I haven't rely been stressed about the offense's play at all this season. I expected it to take until the bye to get on the same page and another few weeks for all 11 to run the same play almost every time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter anymore. They have achieved the minimum I expected to have a decent acceptable season. Two games left and they are still realistically in the playoff hunt. Win out and have a few games break their way. Before the season started most would have considered that a pipe dream. Again the last half the season is dominated by a HC backing a questionable DC over the defenses poor play. Most posters would have flipped the script and been demanding a high pick be spent for another QB. I haven't rely been stressed about the offense's play at all this season. I expected it to take until the bye to get on the same page and another few weeks for all 11 to run the same play almost every time.
Yes. I thought 7 wins was the goal. And really Rodgers final season only had 8 wins. So if we eke 1 more out the Captain should realize Love was a decent pick. The path to 7 wins surprised me. Won some games when we were underdogs. Lost games to some not so good teams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Again the last half the season is dominated by a HC backing a questionable DC over the defenses poor play.
After MLF's comments yesterday, I am REALLY starting to wonder if Barry has a stack of incriminating pics or some real dirt on LaFleur. I mean come on Matt, the defense was pretty pathetic, giving up the most points any teams has to the Panthers ALL year. The Panthers were averaging 14.7 points/game! The offense scores 33, with a handful of key players out and you want to throw them under the bus for almost losing the game?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After MLF's comments yesterday, I am REALLY starting to wonder if Barry has a stack of incriminating pics or some real dirt on LaFleur. I mean come on Matt, the defense was pretty pathetic, giving up the most points any teams has to the Panthers ALL year. The Panthers were averaging 14.7 points/game! The offense scores 33, with a handful of key players out and you want to throw them under the bus for almost losing the game?

Makes one wonder if BreAnne Maak LeFleur has a super secretive OF page that JB found out about.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Yeah, they hit the 7 wins mark as a lot of us had projected. The thing that stinks is they had me believing after the 3 game win streak. Man they have crapped the bed down the stretch here. Regardless, Love showed me enough to stick with him. Also, I like our skill set players. Watson needs to figure out how to stay healthy. However, Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave and Kraft all seem to be ballers. I think this can turn around quickly with some OL help and some young RBs. Defense? I'm not convinced it's just merely scheme. I think that is a large part of it, but the safeties and corners they are trotting out are middling at best. I'd hate to see us take another corner in the first round, but also wouldn't be shocked.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, they hit the 7 wins mark as a lot of us had projected. The thing that stinks is they had me believing after the 3 game win streak. Man they have crapped the bed down the stretch here. Regardless, Love showed me enough to stick with him. Also, I like our skill set players. Watson needs to figure out how to stay healthy. However, Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave and Kraft all seem to be ballers. I think this can turn around quickly with some OL help and some young RBs. Defense? I'm not convinced it's just merely scheme. I think that is a large part of it, but the safeties and corners they are trotting out are middling at best. I'd hate to see us take another corner in the first round, but also wouldn't be shocked.
The thing that bothered me was the inconsistency. We should've beaten Atlanta, and lost to both Chicago and Detroit.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The thing that bothered me was the inconsistency. We should've beaten Atlanta, and lost to both Chicago and Detroit.
We see that up and down the NFL. One week the Eagles look unbeatable, the next week they can look terrible. Just the nature of the beast, as well as having a very young roster.

Reaction score
If there's one thing I expected from the team this year, it was inconsistency.
Amen. Actually the thing we thought that could be most inconsistent? Has been arguably the most consistent!
Jordan Love

The good news is we’ve only lost 3 games by more than 4 points. All 3 are teams in the playoffs or with playoff hopes. No slouches
Detroit 20-34
Minnesota 10-24
Tampa Bay 20-34

The 7.5 over/under was pretty close.
I’d sure like to spoil the Vikings playoff hopes. This is an elimination game for all practical purposes. 1% chance or 2% chance of either GB or Minn making playoffs with a loss. Loser goes home

If GB wins? Ironically we surpass our odds and sit squarely in contention. 52% chance of making the playoffs which is substantial.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen. Actually the thing we thought that could be most inconsistent? Has been arguably the most consistent!
Jordan Love

The good news is we’ve only lost 3 games by more than 4 points. All 3 are teams in the playoffs or with playoff hopes. No slouches
Yeah, Love has improved pretty steadily.
I wasn't aware of the "more than 4 points" stat. Kind of hard to believe considering the defensive problems we've had.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I've said it for yearsssss

Board of Directors have a say so...some how

I believe They had a say so in Brett getting traded..

The same philosophy of draft and free agents for how long with different gms and coaches?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

The same philosophy of draft and free agents for how long with different gms and coaches?
Oh I am quite certain that there is some trickle down from the Packers BOD to Murphy to Gute to MLF. Where does the buck stop though? This is the beauty and the pitfall of not having an owner like the other 31 teams. None of us really know who is pulling all the strings or if each person in the chain is only pulling a few and nothing happens until enough are pulling on the same ones.

Kind of like this forum, we all have varying opinions on what should be done with coaches, players, gm's etc.

Reaction score
Yeah, Love has improved pretty steadily.
I wasn't aware of the "more than 4 points" stat. Kind of hard to believe considering the defensive problems we've had.
I know. Feels like we lost 10-40

As a comparison.
In Rodgers first season as a Starter (10 losses) losses by >4pts were:
16-27 Dallas (9-7)
21-30 Tampa Bay (9-7)
29-51 Saints (8-8)

In Loves first Starting season losses by >4 pts
20-34 Detroit (11-4)
10-24 Minnesota (7-8)
20-34 Tampa Bay (8-7)

Obviously we’re still 1 contest short from 2008. So I hope I didn’t jinx us

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Oh, I agree - when you're talking about a multi-million dollar asset being dumped. The only thing I'd add is that the Executive Committee would in today's and yesterday's Packer world, potentially...and Murphy is the only one who's played ball. 2nd on that committee now is a former news reader on Channel 2 and 3rd builds snow blowers - back in the day, Bergstrom invested his inherited money well, you know that drill.

Reaction score
None of us really know who is pulling all the strings or if each person in the chain is only pulling a few and nothing happens until enough are pulling on the same ones.

Kind of like this forum, we all have varying opinions on what should be done with coaches, players, gm's etc.
@Pokerbrat2000
So. Are you saying we’re stringing everyone along? Like Oz?
Which play this season did that happen on? I must have missed it!
Cracking Top 10 Defense? Week 13.. possession #4
Although by the last possession.. our D was playing like #32 but that’s not the point Sir!

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Absolutely great win! Just all around great defensive and offensive performance. Packers even left some points on the field. Boy, I cannot figure this team out, but I am very glad I was wrong. That was a fun one to watch.