• 300yds, 3tds, 0int

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 350yds, 4tds, 0int

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 450yds, 6tds, 0int

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson

Nelson was the "emergency QB"before Cobb was drafted. It was always talked about after, that if needed Cobb could step in as QB in an emergency, he is a lefty. Now that may have changed since 2015, which is the latest information I can find.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Since the NFL averages of the 32 QBs with the best stats through 6 games ( for TDs, INTs, YPG) are 1.4 TDs, 0.7 INTs and 236 Yards your survey basically asks will Brett Hundley be average, above average, or really great? Is that really biased? What about below average and a dumpster fire?

Just using yards per game and calculating the standard deviation of 38 yards for the data set gives an expected outcome of 198 to 274 yards passing.
Please excuse my being a d*** (I actually practice at it), but math can be your friend.

Reference used - http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley: 12-25, 87 yds, 1 INT. Makes me wanna :cry:

Let's keep some perspective. The Saints defense tends to shut down any offense. It's hard to expect more than ....

Wait, nevermind. Yeah, it's going to be a very long season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does Hundley opt to not wear a mouthguard and just chew gum or was he so nervous he forgot to switch the two? I don't know, but my Momma always told me I would choke playing with gum in my mouth and my dentist always told me that I would get my teeth knocked out if I didn't wear a mouthguard playing football.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between plays most all players pull out the mouth guard. I chewed gum playing hockey. Not hard to put in cheek once mouth guard goes in.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Between plays most all players pull out the mouth guard. I chewed gum playing hockey. Not hard to put in cheek once mouth guard goes in.

Nahhh...watched some of the game again. Hundley didn't have a mouth guard. He was calling the signals while chewing gum. Was waiting for him to blow bubbles, instead he just blew his first start.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our leading receiver today was Martellus Bennett, with 2 catches and 17 yards. Let that sink in a moment.

It's hard to envision the offense not being a complete disaster going forward. I love Aaron Jones, and he was fantastic today, but he's going to be seeing many 8 man fronts with Hundley performing like he did today. Teams will force Hundley to beat them, and there's nothing he showed today that indicates that he can.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How many games against the Saints for Hundley are included in those stats? :whistling:

I think Hundley will go 12-21 for 114 yds. 1 TD and 2 int.

After Hundley gets knocked out,

Callahan will go 3-11 for 47 yds. 0 TD and 1 int.
That was pretty damn accurate. Gotta give credit on that one. Even though it hurts. :(

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was pretty damn accurate. Gotta give credit on that one. Even though it hurts. :(

We really don't have NFL quality QB as either back up. We really have not had one in quite a while.
Since Matt Flynn in reality.
Furthermore we have not learned anything from the previous season where Rodgers went down.
We would not have won a single game while he was out if we had not gotten Matt Flynn back.
Lets be honest even iffy back ups in most cases does far better than this today.
You would think given how dependent we are on Rodgers why would not have a great back up?
You could by preseason play he wasn't up to it.
Today was winnable game with average back up.

Anyone wonder where that ranking would be today.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/15/ranking-nfl-backup-quarterbacks

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for BH's trade value skyrocketing after this stint. If Kapernik is in any kind of game shape it's laughable that any team (especially the Packers now), don't bring him in for a look. 24 year Army Vet here BTW so all the people yapping about how can I say that with taking a knee and etc..... *yawn*... get real...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron's 1st start... 18 of 22, 170 yards, one td, one fumble..

He had 3 years, and a full training camp to prepare..

My hope is that by the Bear game he should be getting used to everything

People are way way to fast to give up on him

Reaction score
So much for BH's trade value skyrocketing after this stint. If Kapernik is in any kind of game shape it's laughable that any team (especially the Packers now), don't bring him in for a look. 24 year Army Vet here BTW so all the people yapping about how can I say that with taking a knee and etc..... *yawn*... get real...
Thank you for your service.
With all due respect, Aaron Rodgers went 6-10 in his first season. That was also with the entire offseason with the first team Offense and as the #1 QB and presumed starter.
Judging any athlete (good or bad) by 1 regular season start mid season is very premature IMO.
Abandoning Hundley this early would be extremely unwise. I’m not sure why Colin K is now suddenly the people’s hero but that’s a drastic move in any case

Last edited:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Hundley could do that we likely would have won. I see no reason to expect much more than this from him. He playing about the way expected based pre-season games. I thought he should have been cut. In pass happy offense we QB who not good at passing. Other than running TD, in last 7 quarters what would indicate he capable of more.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Huge difference in completing 18/22 (81%) and completing 12-25 (48%).

Reaction score
My biggest concern is not thinking Hundley won’t improve. It stands to reason there is nowhere to go but up
If there is improvement each week in his passing game, he has the ability to become enough of a dual threat to keep defenses Honest and pull out a win
If he can win 1 of the next 2 we would be 5-4 and he’ll be getting valuable experience and momentum.
My biggest concern is the amount he runs and that it increases his chances of injury markedly.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone think Hundley was better this week then coming in cold against the Vikings?
18 for 33 157 1TD 3 int. After a week of practice with the first team he was 12 of 25 for and 1 int.
QB rating against Vikings 36.6
QB rating against Saints 36.9
No meaningful improvement......
What makes makes anyone think its going to get better?

3 years in the system and still that bad.

Members online

Latest posts