Prayers for Buffalo Bills defensive back Damar Hamlin

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put kids to bed and turned in right as they were getting ready to leave the field. The body language gave me an instant pit in my stomach. I really hope it’s not the outcome my gut says it is.

They need to call the game unless he’s ok and the teams know it. Figure the game out later

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really frightening to see. Prayers up for this young man and his family.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ryan Clark should get an award for his on air handling of the situation tonight. Some might say "what about ....these people .....they put their lives on the line daily?" I don't think anyone discounted that tonight, but tried to focus on the situation as it pertains to Damar Hamlin.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't watching the game. Was Hamlin involved in a vicious collision or was it something flukey? Either way, I hope he's all right and out of the hospital soon. Glad to learn the game was suspended. The players wouldn't be able to concentrate and would be prone to more injuries after watching one of their teammates get sent off in an ambulance.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put kids to bed and turned in right as they were getting ready to leave the field. The body language gave me an instant pit in my stomach. I really hope it’s not the outcome my gut says it is.

They need to call the game unless he’s ok and the teams know it. Figure the game out later
I recall watching that Bears-Lions game around 1970 in which the Lions WR named Chuck Hughes ? was just walking to his position and collapsed. They rushed him to the hospital and he died right after the game. The league did not cancel anything that day. Alex Karras said the next night that Chuck was the kind of guy who would have wanted players to play. But it was tragic.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wasn't watching the game. Was Hamlin involved in a vicious collision or was it something flukey? Either way, I hope he's all right and out of the hospital soon. Glad to learn the game was suspended. The players wouldn't be able to concentrate and would be prone to more injuries after watching one of their teammates get sent off in an ambulance.
Really wasn't a huge hit or anything too unusual (looking). I read a post on Twitter, that a supposed doctor wrote. He stated something about the heart getting hit, at just the wrong moment, in the right spot, can cause a medical condition where the heart stops. Wish I could find the post again, but if he was correct, it made a ton of sense with what seemed to have happened.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it wasn't particularly violent. But when they cam down he seemed to take the receivers shoulder and then all of his momentum came thru his chest. Rare, but can arrhythmia. Would explain being able to get up and then without proper blood flow, collapse.

For those who would rather read than watch a video.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More details about Hamin were just released. He didn't suffer a blocked artery typically known as a heart attack that would damage his heart. His problem was more "rhythmic" or electrical in nature and was characterized as cardiac arrest. His heart actually stoped besting on the field but was quickly restored. He had the "luck" of receiving prompt medical attention by qualified people that saved his life. Hope he recovers fully soon!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was in Cincy last year for the Packer game, was really impressed with their fans. Super friendly people. Sounds like many went and stood vigil outside the hospital where Hamlin was last night. Then this was done at the stadium, very classy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing his vitals have returned to normal so now we have to wait and see if his brain suffered any by lack of oxygen. One thing going for him is he is young and in prime physical condition and he was treated very quickly. His heart began beating normally before he was lifted into the ambulance.

Reaction score
I was bouncing in and out of this game. Just after the injury, they were showing another play where a CB was tackling a WR in the ground and got hit in his face mask by his own player as he flew in trying to finish the ball carrier.

Did anyone see that replay? Why did they show that or what bearing did it have? Was it the same player from earlier? Initially I thought that play caused this injury until they replayed the actual play later. Just curious what the relation was there.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they do nothing, Bills have fallen from the #1 seed and Cincinnati has won the AFC North.
I think they will do whatever they can to get the game played. Too much on the line for Cincy and the Bills, as well as other teams. I was trying to figure out a scenario that would occur with the regularly scheduled games this weekend, that if certain teams won or lost, the results of the Bills and Cincy wouldn't matter or change the playoff teams or seatings. I couldn't come up with a scenario that does that.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reports are rather vague but it appears he has made progress over night.

Latest posts