Post Combine

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I watched majority of the combine this past weekend. There are a few players on my want list.

I was very impressed with Darron Lee: I think he would be a nice fit alongside Jake Ryan at MLB. He is more of the coverage LB while Ryan is the run stopper.

Su'A Cravens from USC is the Hybrid LB/S that will excel in coverage WR's, RB's and TE's

Wouldn't mind Reggie Ragland as well, more of the thumper type, not sure about coverage skills

Thoughts....

Reaction score
Ok, I watched majority of the combine this past weekend. There are a few players on my want list.

I was very impressed with Darron Lee: I think he would be a nice fit alongside Jake Ryan at MLB. He is more of the coverage LB while Ryan is the run stopper.

Su'A Cravens from USC is the Hybrid LB/S that will excel in coverage WR's, RB's and TE's

Wouldn't mind Reggie Ragland as well, more of the thumper type, not sure about coverage skills

Thoughts....

I agree with everything only thing I am worried about now is if any of those guys falls to us other than cravens I hear could be there the others seem for sure gone. I am very very disappointed in the TE class this year so safe to say I would love to see a FA guy come in for immediate impact but a guy that drew my eye was Ben Braunecker out of Harvard. He is all over the charts albeit a soft TE class but to me he seems like an upgraded RR. Also a 5th round project and another guy is Eric Murray I'm sure a lot of people like him being from Milwaukee but this guy could be a steal and isn't scared to hit something our CBs could use and he is projected somewhat late as well not sure how the good combine will effect him though. Any thoughts on Barunecker though??

OP
OP
CHIpackFAN

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has mentioned several times that he wants to build a Championship Defense and this is year two of his plant to build this type of Defense. Maybe we could be looking at a draft similiar to when we got both Clay and B.J. I really don't see TT drafting much on the Offensive side. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Will Fuller, Josh Doctson or Hunter henry. I'm all for dropping Adams in favor of one of those guys.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was leaning strongly towards LB in the 1st this year, but after Smith's latest bad injury news, Lee crushing the combine, etc, I just don't know that I'll be all that interested in anyone left on the board at 27. Jack and Lee will be long gone. Ragland and Floyd I'm less certain about. Would be happy with either, but they could both very well be gone too.

D-line is looking a little more likely to me than it did before, and I'd be fine with that.

But really, I have no clue what Ted and co. are thinking. Never fail to surprise me.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thoughts....

I would be excited if the Packers end up drafting Darron Lee but unfortunately he will be long gone by #27. I don't think Ragland is a perfect fit for the Packers needs but would for sure be an upgrade over Barrington and Ryan.

Cravens might be an intriguing prospect if the coaching staff decides to use a tweener going forward. He would be a reach in the first round though.

I agree with everything only thing I am worried about now is if any of those guys falls to us other than cravens I hear could be there the others seem for sure gone. I am very very disappointed in the TE class this year so safe to say I would love to see a FA guy come in for immediate impact but a guy that drew my eye was Ben Braunecker out of Harvard. He is all over the charts albeit a soft TE class but to me he seems like an upgraded RR. Also a 5th round project and another guy is Eric Murray I'm sure a lot of people like him being from Milwaukee but this guy could be a steal and isn't scared to hit something our CBs could use and he is projected somewhat late as well not sure how the good combine will effect him though. Any thoughts on Barunecker though??

I'm extremely disappointed with the tight end group in this year's draft as well. That's why Thompson should add an athletic player at the position in free agency. With Kennard Backman already on the roster I don't see the need to add another developmental guy.

I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Will Fuller, Josh Doctson or Hunter henry. I'm all for dropping Adams in favor of one of those guys.

Adams struggled in 2015 but fans tend to forget that receivers tend to do that in their first few years within the Packers system. He has way better numbers than Nelson had over his first two years. IMO it's premature to give up on Adams.

Was leaning strongly towards LB in the 1st this year, but after Smith's latest bad injury news, Lee crushing the combine, etc, I just don't know that I'll be all that interested in anyone left on the board at 27. Jack and Lee will be long gone. Ragland and Floyd I'm less certain about. Would be happy with either, but they could both very well be gone too.

Floyd will most likely have to add some weight to play OLB in a 3-4 (don't think he's a fit inside). While I'm not opposed to draft a player early at the position we have to wait and see what happens with Neal and Perry to evaluate how much we need another edge rusher.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely agree Capt^^

More I think on this draft, the more I do like the default "big man pick" at our spot. This is being said to be the best DL draft in a long time, never a bad time to add a bad big man :D

Reaction score
I would be excited if the Packers end up drafting Darron Lee but unfortunately he will be long gone by #27. I don't think Ragland is a perfect fit for the Packers needs but would for sure be an upgrade over Barrington and Ryan.

Cravens might be an intriguing prospect if the coaching staff decides to use a tweener going forward. He would be a reach in the first round though.

I'm extremely disappointed with the tight end group in this year's draft as well. That's why Thompson should add an athletic player at the position in free agency. With Kennard Backman already on the roster I don't see the need to add another developmental guy.

Adams struggled in 2015 but fans tend to forget that receivers tend to do that in their first few years within the Packers system. He has way better numbers than Nelson had over his first two years. IMO it's premature to give up on Adams.

Floyd will most likely have to add some weight to play OLB in a 3-4 (don't think he's a fit inside). While I'm not opposed to draft a player early at the position we have to wait and see what happens with Neal and Perry to evaluate how much we need another edge rusher.

You know I feel naive for saying it but I honestly forgot about Backman and got wrapped up in this WE NEED A TE!! Haha I agree FA is a must I think it's a great year to do it as well. And hopefully Backman can make some kind of improvement because I remember he had a great pro day that would have made him in the Adams spot probably this year.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts