Portis may miss game

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to CBS, Clinton Portis' groin will not allow him to play Sunday.

Good break for the Packers. One less weapon to worry about.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to CBS, Clinton Portis' groin will not allow him to play Sunday.

Good break for the Packers. One less weapon to worry about.

I was hearing ankle injury sustained in the Philly game. Regardless, a non Portis Redskins will be good news for the Pack as we won't have to worry over the run game as much. But that also means McNabb may be putting that ball in the air or running it himself more. I can't say it enough. Beware of McNabb!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, I give Portis some credit...but say hello to Ryan Grant's clone, Ryan Torain, He is like a carbon copy of Grant, downhill one cut runner, raw, tough and very fresh legs

GreenBayTheOnlyWay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it does mean we don't need to worry about their running game. About half the rushing yards against our defense have been from the QBs. The running backs are getting next to nothing out of us. McNabb is making 58% of his passes, which is rather low. That is why they end up kicking a lot of field goals, drives end short of the end zone. If we shut down S.Moss and Cooley that is the majority of their aerial attack. If they try to pound the ball, we will stop them.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Washington is going to be a real challenge. Hope we bring our A game (for a change).

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be an interesting game that I hope to watch, and no injuries please! As The Skins and Packers are the two teams I follow. (The skins were the team I rooted for growing up, and family tradition also necessitates that I root for the Pack when they don't conflict.)

However, you guys are deceiving yourself if you think portis being injured affects washington's run game that much. Portis had a decent game against Phily I believe, but he's really not done much all season otherwise. Many of us Skins fans think he is done. I do like Torrain though, and would agree he is in the mold of the down hill WCO runner like Grant for GB.

The key in this game will be in the trenches though. IF GB can get enough push while containing McNabb, I think the Packers win by a score, maybe two. (Sad though that makes me, GB just is clicking better on both sides of the ball.) However, Washington's Front seven has been pretty good at times too, but its almost like they are a Jekyl and Hyde kind of team, noone knows which team will show up, the team that beat the Cowboys on the strength of a Fumble Strip TD, or the one that gave up 30 some points to the Rams.

Either way should be a fun game to watch.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I worry about McNabb, not about their running game.

That's where I'm at, bro! Not only can McNabb pass, but he himself can run the ball when he is flushed out of the pocket. So I wouldn't worry about their running game as much as McNabb running all over us. He seems to have meshed well with the Skins offense too, may be a looming threat in the NFC East further down the road.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's where I'm at, bro! Not only can McNabb pass, but he himself can run the ball when he is flushed out of the pocket. So I wouldn't worry about their running game as much as McNabb running all over us. He seems to have meshed well with the Skins offense too, may be a looming threat in the NFC East further down the road.

They are 2-2 beating both Philadelphia, and Dallas, a loss to the RAms and a loss to Houston. I tell you one thing though, they better have their heads on and eyes open, because the Redskins (landry in particular) love to hit hard.

acuratl1984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins fan here...

First off, IMO if the Packers didnt lose Grant and had a running game I don't even think the Redskins has a chance to win this weekend. Our defense is just horrid. Our offense on the other hand is inconsistent.

On Portis, we will miss him most on Blitz pickup and blocking, Portis is a monster on blocking, and without him I hope McNabb lives through the next 2 games (GB and INDY)

But we hopefully will be getting Trent Williams back, he has look good against Ware and Williams.... Heyer is trash, he may play decent but kills us in penalties.

Torain, looked good, hopefully he can be something special like Ryan Grant was for the Packers.

Our 3-4 defense is a work in progress... IMO we do not have the personel to run it. And Shanahan insist on it.

And for Landry...unfortunately he hits ANYBODY Hard...even his team mates...I think hes a bit too wreckless with certain hits.

Hopefully the Redskins win! But the football smart guy in me thinks 27-17 Packers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Portis isnt even that good anymore. doesnt really change a thing in my opinion

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guy is still a very solid runner.

in 2008 he was one of the better rushers in the league but last season he was very avg. I would put about 15 RBs ahead of him. Hes 29 and hasnt had a healthy season in a long time, I dont think he will be in the NFL that much longer.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I'm starting to Torain in any and all leagues that I have him in, plus I'm going to be at the game wearing my #52 matthews jersey rooting for the PACK to play to the level they are capable of playing

Members online

Latest posts