Players who suprised me tonight

Reaction score
Dezman Moses really stood out for me tonight. I first noticed him because he was the next OLB to come in after Clay went out. I have no idea if this is a tell tale sign , but he looked really good today. He made a lot of tackles and put some pressure on the QB. It looks like we have some good depth at OLB.

MD Jennings- Looked really solid at the safety position. He came up and made a lot of tackles today. A nice physical presence from the safety spot. He is still and unknown for me in coverage but his tackling skills were showing up today

Jerron McMillian- Pretty much the same thing I saw out of MD Jennings today. Good tackling but I haven't seen enough of him in the coverage aspect.

A lot of other players played really nice for us today. I am sure I'm missing a couple players but nothing is coming to mind. Feel free to tell me who I missed and what you think about my picks

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think that mcmillian could play a Woodson like position and be a db who can rome around the line of scrimmage? From what Ive seen of him I think he very easily could

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly what suprised me most is even after the thrid pre-season game the offensive line still looks shaky, and the backups look terrible...just terrble (in my Charles Barkley voice). Harell is a thrid stringer who just happens to be the backup at this point until someone else besides the fans realizes we need a legit backup qb like NOW.

Benson looked quick to the hole and caught the ball pretty good, hate to say it but James Starks days as a starter may be numbered. Rodgers and the wr's had some communication problems because on the int to Newman Rodgers looks like he was expecting the wr to stop for a backshoulder throw and he kept going. Easy easy pick for T Newman. Other then that he was decent, but he looks more nimble and quicker running for his life then what he used to haha.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell stood out again. But not in a good way. Get rid of the guy, Starks too.

I think our LB's are really deep and solid now with the presence of Moses with the exception of Hawk.
Couldn't agree more on M.D Jennings.
How about Shields, I know he's as unsteady as they come. But he looked good last night and got a pick.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing we all need to remember about Cedrick Benson.
And James Starks.

Benson played at Texas. Could have gone to any school in the country. He not only played at Texas, but he dominated. He was an All-American. And he set records. He was Adrian Peterson before Peterson went to UT's rival, OU.

James Starks looks like Tarzan. But he plays like Jane. I like the guy a lot. But he's not anywhere near in Benson's league, as evidenced by A) What your eyes tell you, B) Statistics, C) Starks played at Buffalo. Have you ever heard, seen Buffalo University or College, on TV even?

So to sum up: We should be thrilled we got Cedric Benson. For free. This guy was the #4 overall pick in the Rodgers Draft Class. He's talented as hell, and here's the kicker: The Bears drafted him! How cool will that be to have him help us beat the Bears this year.... 3 times again like 2010 season! -- -- Da Bayrzzzz

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Anyone else think that mcmillian could play a Woodson like position and be a db who can rome around the line of scrimmage? From what Ive seen of him I think he very easily could
To reinforce that idea, McMillian also took snaps at slot CB.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing we all need to remember about Cedrick Benson.
And James Starks.

Benson played at Texas. Could have gone to any school in the country. He not only played at Texas, but he dominated. He was an All-American. And he set records. He was Adrian Peterson before Peterson went to UT's rival, OU.

James Starks looks like Tarzan. But he plays like Jane. I like the guy a lot. But he's not anywhere near in Benson's league, as evidenced by A) What your eyes tell you, B) Statistics, C) Starks played at Buffalo. Have you ever heard, seen Buffalo University or College, on TV even?

So to sum up: We should be thrilled we got Cedric Benson. For free. This guy was the #4 overall pick in the Rodgers Draft Class. He's talented as hell, and here's the kicker: The Bears drafted him! How cool will that be to have him help us beat the Bears this year.... 3 times again like 2010 season! -- -- Da Bayrzzzz

Exactly Frank. I don't get caught up in the sentiment for a particular player. Grant nor Starks are his equal. I want to see the best 53 players on our roster and the two aforementioned are not.

OP
OP
Aaron rodgers is god
Reaction score
I hate giving guys excuses but Harell has definitely deserved one. The O line had been blocking terrible for him. I can't count how many times he gets a guy running full speed unblocked right up the middle at him and he has had to scramble outside the pocket. Not only is the O line not blocking for him but the receivers are not helping him out. Dropped balls and bad blocking has hurt his play. Don't give me wrong. There has been times he has had someone open and he has overthrown him. I am going to trust TT and MM judgement. So far they have stuck with him, so I'll continue to stick with him.

H

HardRightEdge

Not really a surprise, but nonetheless gratifying...seeing Jennings fake a half decent CB out of his jock strap. Fully recovered, I'd say.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not happy with the pressure coming from both Bengal defensive ends against our tackles. That pressure is why Rodgers scrambled so often. Newhouse still scares me. Watched Perry a lot. He is bull rushing at this point. Needs to develop some moves to get off his man.

Members online

Latest posts