Pkrjones' One & Only Mock

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've done 50 mocks but I like this one the best, even though PFF only gave me a B. Anyone who wouldn't be happy if Gute pulled this off?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dream that would be...

No joke, I'd place a SERIOUS money wager that the Jamin Davis, Brady Christensen and Drew Dalman picks are IMPOSSIBLE by an entire round or more. Jamin Davis may go in the 1st, Christensen probably doesn't see Day 2's end and Drew Dalman lasting beyond the 5th should have some GM's fired.

That isn't to say I don't love it, I FREAKING LOVE THIS DRAFT if happened. Incredible honestly. To sit pat on the picks we have and get Newsome, Davis, Little, Christensen and Dalman is just an insane haul. I'd be so happy folks would swear I was on drugs!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the lack of realism.

I don't want our first pick to be Newsome. He played in only 17 out of 35 possible games in college. Sure he looks great while he is out there, but he just can't stay healthy. I'm thinking there is a good chance he is there for our pick and we pass on him. If he is that fragile at that level, how will he hold up at the pro level?

I wouldn't take little in the 2nd either. He played 2 years of college football and very little in the last 2 years. I would be very leary of drafting him.

I would be fine with Jamin in the 1st (but there is a chance he is already gone) so in the 3rd would be amazing.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree with the lack of realism.

I don't want our first pick to be Newsome. He played in only 17 out of 35 possible games in college. Sure he looks great while he is out there, but he just can't stay healthy. I'm thinking there is a good chance he is there for our pick and we pass on him. If he is that fragile at that level, how will he hold up at the pro level?

I wouldn't take little in the 2nd either. He played 2 years of college football and very little in the last 2 years. I would be very leary of drafting him.

I would be fine with Jamin in the 1st (but there is a chance he is already gone) so in the 3rd would be amazing.

There will be more of this than normal this year-- guys sliding past where anyone expected them to go. Medical info has gotten to teams late, and thus has leaked late. For example, it's just been out there over the last week or so that Terrace Marshall could fall because of a knee issue that popped in medical checks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit, I've never been this confident in a prospect ever; Newsome barring some catastrophic - rare type injury (think Alex Smith type) the dude is going to excel in the NFL.

I just pray that if he doesn't come to Green Bay he stays out of the NFC North or the NFC as a whole.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit, I've never been this confident in a prospect ever; Newsome barring some catastrophic - rare type injury (think Alex Smith type) the dude is going to excel in the NFL.

I just pray that if he doesn't come to Green Bay he stays out of the NFC North or the NFC as a whole.
You aren't worried about injuries? It wasn't a big 'rare' jnjury, it was a constant stream of little injuries. He played in less than half of the games during his career. This doesn't count the games he left due to injury. In the NFL he faces more games in a season and with bigger, faster, stronger opponents it isn't going to make the matter better. Hate to say it, but I don't think he has much of a career.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You aren't worried about injuries? It wasn't a big 'rare' jnjury, it was a constant stream of little injuries. He played in less than half of the games during his career. This doesn't count the games he left due to injury. In the NFL he faces more games in a season and with bigger, faster, stronger opponents it isn't going to make the matter better. Hate to say it, but I don't think he has much of a career.

I can understand still wanting him, because he’s an ideal fit in a lot of ways, but I don’t see how anyone could not be concerned about his injury history.

There are exceptions, and sometimes they’re worth gambling on, but generally speaking, hurt guys stay hurt and fat guys stay fat.

Reaction score
If there was ever a season to stay away from high risk, high reward players (or inferior Medicals) this would be that season. Obviously that’s always within reason.
We definitely don’t need to repeat of Vince Biegel. He had both feet operated on before the ink dried on his contract commitment. How does that happen?

Reaction score
There are exceptions, and sometimes they’re worth gambling on, but generally speaking, hurt guys stay hurt and fat guys stay fat.

May I have your permission to use this for a pre-draft-visit bumper sticker theme? :laugh:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand still wanting him, because he’s an ideal fit in a lot of ways, but I don’t see how anyone could not be concerned about his injury history.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Members online

Latest posts