1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PFT lists Packers as #1 in preseason rankings

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Packers come in at #1 in preseason rankings. Seems about right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    Yaaaaaaaa.... I like looking good on paper. BUT I would love to fly under the radar. That's just out of the question about a SB and 15-1 subsequent seasons. Such is the price of greatness :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Lets get this ring!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I agree with it, Packers over the Patriots seems about right, normally most SB teams are on top, but its pretty hard to deny the Packers with the most feared passing offense in the league.

5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Only #1? The fools are not giving the Packers enough respect.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Yeah I don't really see how anyone could have them at anything besides #1. Unless people are giving NYG the #1 spot solely because they are defending champs.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Most journalists with degrees are smarter than that.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I always believe the Super Bowl teams have earned the right to be ranked #1 entering the next season, unless star QBs have retired.

I also prefer being under the radar more than what we faced last year down the stretch.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Sometimes they should be. Other times it's not the right call. You have a team that went 15-1, who didn't lose anything of significance and have the reigning league MVP. Top to bottom no team has more talent on it. We just need to prove it in the postseason this year yet again.

10. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Im with you on both counts Frank. I argued it when the pack won in 2010 and Ill argue it now for the Giants. To be the BEST you must beat the BEST. Last year the giants won a championship, they were the best team in the NFL period. idc about what their regular season looked like, or how they barely beat the forty whiners because of two muffed punts. They won fair and square and until they are dethroned this year they are number 1.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Most talented team should be ranked #1.
    Good thing the pundits see it that way.

12. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    If the best team won the Superbowl, that would be fine, but the best team doesn't always win. For example, when is the last time a team won back-to-back SBs? You would think it would be more common if a team won it once to have a good shot to win it again. But that doesn't happen.

13. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Just wanted to add that these rankings so to speak are paper champs. Last year Eagles are great examples they looked great on paper, you would rank them pretty high, but they failed to make the playoffs.

Another reason why not to rank the SB champs #1 is team chemistry changes, sometimes the drive is no longer there, and some players feel satisified.