5. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 71.3

DEFENSIVE WORST
1. CB Kevin King, 29.3
2. CB Eric Stokes, 32.8
3. S Henry Black, 43.4
4. LB Krys Barnes, 44.2
5. LB Oren Burks, 49.2

Few of my personal takeaways....

Krys Barnes played arguably his worst game as a Packer, an otherwise worst case average to very good player for us just turned BAD in this one. Good thing is that was atypical of the normal.
Kevin King as I've described is a roller coaster with highs and lows that no one really wants to ride on but the line is short so some ride it - was back to a low for him - it was said Cousins had a perfect passer rating when targeting him.
Stokes likewise had arguably one of his worst games too.

Deguara got high marks, but ignore his catches and touchdown for a moment, most importantly for his role he got high grades in blocking (run especially). After weeks of being on of the worst graded out, it was nice to see Deguara deliver, hopefully its the shift in him that becomes more a normalcy.

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much what I expected.

King showed awful effort tackling Thielen on his TD. Good scouting by the Vikings knowing King will play off and not attack when tackling. I just dont understand what the coaches see. For every one good play he makes he screws up 3 more. Whether thats bad coverage or poor effort tackling he is just a bad player.
Stokes was awful. It cannot be understated just how bad he was in this game. Poor route recognition in zones, couldnt locate the ball in the air, struggled tackling. Jefferson embarrassed him and hes a good receiver too but Stokes really made it easy for him.
Black was really bad in coverage. Anytime he had coverage the Vikings went at him.
Barnes couldnt tackle in this game at all in space. I actually thought he might have been the lowest rated on the defense. This IMO was his worst game of his career.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes has made some good plays this year, but he's also struggled at times to locate the ball in the air. He's just a rookie so I'd imagine he will improve there.

Reaction score
Stokes should be our #3 guy in his Rookie season and he’s thrust into the #1 role. No way should he be our #1 CB this early he’s still raw. The only thing that makes that work is our pass rush because it limits our CB liabilities. We desperately need J’aire back, but if we can’t get him? We need ZaDarius AND Gary AND Clark simultaneously. 1 guy can’t carry a D! We needed Lowry to step up and he seemed to disappear. Luckily Lancaster played over my expectation and got into the backfield several times. Clarks effort level deserves a medal.

We can’t keep netting - players week to week. No team can withstand this level of injuries at the pace we are running. We have to get out this week with ZERO injuries. That would be a Win in itself!

We need to see at least +1 starters netted back in (minimum) weekly starting after the bye. +NET+

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes should be our #3 guy in his Rookie season and he’s thrust into the #1 role. No way should he be our #1 CB this early he’s still raw. The only thing that makes that work is our pass rush because it limits our CB liabilities. We desperately need J’aire back, but if we can’t get him? We need ZaDarius AND Gary AND Clark simultaneously. 1 guy can’t carry a D! We needed Lowry to step up and he seemed to disappear. Luckily Lancaster played over my expectation and got into the backfield several times. Clarks effort level deserves a medal.

We can’t keep netting -players week to week. No team can withstand this level of injuries at the pace we are running. We have to get out this week with ZERO injuries. That would be a Win in itself!
We need to see at least +1 starters netted back in (minimum) weekly starting after the bye. +NET+

Honest to God Clark and Preston in my opinion have almost put these defense on their backs with some of the effort we've seen out of those two seemingly week in and week out. I don't know what it was about Kenny this game but there were multiple plays he was moving before the center had completed the snap to Cousins. Incredible

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes and King were terrible. With Stokes its undetstandable, he's a rookie and he does play the ball poorly in the air. King will be the center of the other team's game plan. Smith, Campbell and Clark have carried the defense all year but desperately need help. Week after week, Newman turns in one of the lowest grades. He's a rookie that is taking his lumps. With Jenkins done for the next 12 months, there's no hope of sending him to the bench where he belongs until he can get stronger. Eventually, Newmann should be able to be a capable starter.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Honest to God Clark and Preston in my opinion have almost put these defense on their backs with some of the effort we've seen out of those two seemingly week in and week out. I don't know what it was about Kenny this game but there were multiple plays he was moving before the center had completed the snap to Cousins. Incredible
Clark may have seen tape of the center tipping off the timing of the snap.

D

Deleted member 6794

King showed awful effort tackling Thielen on his TD. Good scouting by the Vikings knowing King will play off and not attack when tackling. I just dont understand what the coaches see. For every one good play he makes he screws up 3 more. Whether thats bad coverage or poor effort tackling he is just a bad player.

There's no doubt King had a bad game vs. the Vikings but he was significantly improved the past few weeks before that.

Members online

Latest posts