Petition to change the name of the SB Trophy....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From the "Vince Lombardi Trophy" to the "Mike Sherman Trophy"....

since some people on this forum seem to think that Sherman is a better football coach than Vince Lombardi.....

Here's a theory...

Sherman's coaching has been so inept..so horrendous... because they really want to push the Brett Favre era out...and usher in the Aaron Rodgers era....

TT, Rossley, and Sherman have all conspired to coach so poorly..."motivate" so badly..and draft so horribly...so that Brett Favre will have finally say i've had enough and call it quits....Then Rossley and Sherman can get their hands on a fresh new QB in Aaron Rodgers..and mold him into the future hall of famer that they know he can be....

To heck with that Favre fella'...he's old..and not willing to change...

If Rodgers were in the driver's seat...than you would really see Rossley and Sherman shine...they're just waiting for their chance to be rid of Favre so that they can show their true abilities as coaches....All they need is another 5 years or so to really get this Packer team turned around in the right direction. Every fan should be agreeable to this..am I right?

Or maybe...Rossley and Sherman just out and out SUCK!

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great thread. This takes over as the "STUPIDEST THREAD EVER".
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last week's winner was the one about taking pics of Sherman on the sidelines to see his reactions, but this one is WAY better. CONGRATS. :roll:

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's sarcasm..ORELSE...

I'm just trying to show how ridiculous some of you Sherman apologists sound....

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
It's sarcasm..ORELSE...

I'm just trying to show how ridiculous some of you Sherman apologists sound....

And so was mine.

It was to show how ridiculous it is to want to fire the coach after 2 games.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66....congrats on the loss. You seem to be relishing it. Show me one post on this or any other forum that said Sherman was a better coach than Lombardi.

Unfortunately your giddiness will be shortlived my friend. Packers finish 11-5 and win the Super Bowl. Mike sherman is a finalist for Coach of the Year.

See you in detroit in February.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
ORRELSE said:
It was to show how ridiculous it is to want to fire the coach after 2 games.

Oh P@ck66 has wanted him fired for MUCH longer than two games :)

...so have I, I want him fired more than anyone else

but come on, lets use real facts and logic here, not sarcasm...i've considered this an above average football knowledge forum, cut this out

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh OK Javon. No more sarcasm. I agree....and I really think this board is SOOO important that sarcasm is almost sacriligious on a football forum.

BTW...I think you are the most knowledgable football fan on this board!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Oh OK Javon. No more sarcasm. I agree....and I really think this board is SOOO important that sarcasm is almost sacriligious on a football forum.

BTW...I think you are the most knowledgable football fan on this board!

i like it...

yeah come on, i've dropped two other football forums because of out of control sarcasm

(that doesnt mean we can't bash mike sherman!)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Javon....I like you already. We can have fun and still disagree.

Sherman....."Coach of the Year"

You heard it here first!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

i like you too man, check it out you made my signature, plus another mid-atlantic packers fan is never a bad thing...(has anyone seen eastcoastpacker recently?)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sherman....."Coach of the Year"

You heard it here first!

Sherman might be "First Coach Gone of The Year" at this rate.LOL

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Philtration said:
Actually it should be called the Halas trophy but I have already told you that before.

After all Halas did coach the winning team for the first two super bowls.
No, Halas coached the Bears to 8 titles and over 300 wins. Both more than Vince accomplished. If he had died in 1970, then it would be the Halas trophy right now.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
SlickVision said:
Philtration said:
Actually it should be called the Halas trophy but I have already told you that before.

After all Halas did coach the winning team for the first two super bowls.
No, Halas coached the Bears to 8 titles and over 300 wins. Both more than Vince accomplished. If he had died in 1970, then it would be the Halas trophy right now.

Lombardi = 105-35-6 Five Championships (Coached the only NFL team to win three straight Championships) 75% winning percentage.

Halas = 318-148-32 Eight NFL titles as a coach or owner (Only six of Halas' 40 teams finished below the .500 mark) 65% winning percentage.

Looking up history on these two was great fun. I encourage other Bears/Packers fans to do the same. The history is very rich between these two teams. Halas and Lombardi were both great people and coachs. I wonder what Lombardi's record would have been if he had coached as many games as Halas during the same exact time frame.

I will say this. Halas was a great coach and owner. I think the name on the trophy is well placed. I wouldn't be disappointed if it were called the Halas trophy though. Either name would be fitting. Perhaps I know more about Lmobardi then Halas and that is why I say Lombardi over Halas.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason the Lombardi trophy is named after Vince and not George can be summed up in 3 words.

Virtue

Respect

Love

Members online

Latest posts