permission to be a packers fan

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you heard your OWN family members tell you the Bears will bury the Packers?? Yeah my extended family are ALL Bears fans. Trust me they drive me insane about their fandom with that awful team. Plus my cousin married an Eagles fan which makes it even more brutal hahaha

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it.I'm a Pack fan that live's in Baltimore myself. I've been a GB fan all my life. Just recently did Baltimore become my second team. I mean last year I went to GB with some Ravens buddy's and wore my Rodgers jersey and cheese head!

Welcome aboard!

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it.I'm a Pack fan that live's in Baltimore myself. I've been a GB fan all my life. Just recently did Baltimore become my second team. I mean last year I went to GB with some Ravens buddy's and wore my Rodgers jersey and cheese head!

Welcome aboard!

I'm from Baltimore as well, and for the life of me I can't get into the Ravens. The fanbase talks a massive amount of ****, and thinks their defense practically invented the game. I know it makes some people sick to their stomach. But I DO pull for the Steelers to beat them. Not to mention they are my second team. But however I don't want them beating the Packers AT ALL. We need to take care of business!!

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm from philly originally but i lived in DE for 8 years, and went to UofD so i casually root for Flacco to do well.

i always fly into BWI when i go home to visit the folks, and i always enjoyed visiting baltimore. inner harbor is sweet.

petertosh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you heard your OWN family members tell you the Bears will bury the Packers?? Yeah my extended family are ALL Bears fans. Trust me they drive me insane about their fandom with that awful team. Plus my cousin married an Eagles fan which makes it even more brutal hahaha

I know what you're going through. Most of my family are bears fans and I might have to watch the game with them!!:chisux:

Cowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just stopping by to wish you guys luck this week. Over the years I've always had a respect for the Packers. I know many of the old timer Cowboys fans feel differently, but I only go back to the late 70's and wasn't around for the Ice Bowl, etc.

Anyways the main reason I'm here is I absolutely hate the Steelers. For over 30 years now there's been 4 teams I've hated: the Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and 49ers. And now, for the 2nd time in three years the Steelers have been gifted the homefield in the AFCC game. Assuming they beat the Jets, which they probably will, then that leaves the SB as the last chance for them to lose.

During the last 4+ weeks, the Packers have looked like the best team in the NFC. I don't know what happened with their earlier struggles but they have definitely turned in on lately and look like one of the most complete teams out there. If it weren't for this week's game being in Chicago and GB having to play their 5th must-win game in a row, 3rd on the road, I would have no doubt they'd win going away.

Anyways, here's to a big win this week and then us Cowboys fans (at least the one's not living in the '60's) will roll out the welcome mat to our home and root like crazy for you to take down the Steelers or shutup the loudmouth from NY.

L

Lunchboxer

Welcome aboard.

P.S The Raven Forum totally sucks. I was warned because I said Something Ben Rlothsburger is a ******. Apparently ****** is a bad word.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I can't stand the Bears, of Jim McMahon and his stupid head band. Seriously the gayest thing ever.

The Vikings LOL! BWAHAHAHAHA Oh man you should the amount of bandwagon Vikings fans that exist in Maryland!

You're wrong, the gayest thing ever was when he mooned the fans at Lambeau. He didn't even cover it up with his headband. lol

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but if I was a Pittsburgh fan, I would be asking WTF? I know that you hate the Steelers, but how do you go against your own division, let alone going against your conference. Packers win it all, which we all hope and pray they do, that just makes the AFC and AFC North look that much worse, and your team that much worse. Never root against your Division in such a game like the Super Bowl. If the Packers were to lose Sunday, I would muster up all I had, get over the loss, and continue to cheer for the Bears. They may be a heated rival, they may throw it in our faces for the next 20 years, but at least I can say that our division, our conference has yet, won another Championship. Just my Input on the matter.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Ravens are big here in amish country. Something about that simple honest color pattern - not like them dang show-off parrots.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say, but if I was a Pittsburgh fan, I would be asking WTF? I know that you hate the Steelers, but how do you go against your own division, let alone going against your conference. Packers win it all, which we all hope and pray they do, that just makes the AFC and AFC North look that much worse, and your team that much worse. Never root against your Division in such a game like the Super Bowl. If the Packers were to lose Sunday, I would muster up all I had, get over the loss, and continue to cheer for the Bears. They may be a heated rival, they may throw it in our faces for the next 20 years, but at least I can say that our division, our conference has yet, won another Championship. Just my Input on the matter.

Sorry, but I NEVER root for a division rival. Ever. In fact, I ALWAYS root against them. If we can't win it, no other team from our division should either, period, exclamation point.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score

There is that much hatred between those teams and their fans. I see no circumstances where a Ravens fan would pull for the Steelers or the other way around. They'd be more likely to pull for the Browns or Bengals if they were the Steelers opponent.

OP
OP
G

grantkyle2002

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because I would rather die then ever root for my division rival, this goes for the bengals and browns. I dont want anyone from our division winning other then the ravens, nor could I take hines ward with a 3rd ring while a great like ed reed still havent got one.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is that much hatred between those teams and their fans. I see no circumstances where a Ravens fan would pull for the Steelers or the other way around. They'd be more likely to pull for the Browns or Bengals if they were the Steelers opponent.

The Steelers Ravens rivalry (a "newer" rivalry compared to others) is definitely a substantial one...When the Packers lost to the Giants in the NFC Championship, I did pull for them (the Giants)....When the Packers got eliminated and I saw Brett Favre getting smacked around by the Saints, a part of me (small part of me) felt bad for Favre...

I personally, can't stand the Steelers...I hear the fans call in all the time on NFL Sirius Radio basically stating they are going to win it all, that kind of arrogance bothers me and if it came down to it, in a scenario that I hope doesn't happen, a BEARS STEELERS Superbowl I would be a big Bear fan just b/c I'm sick of hearing the Steeler fans calling up on Radio talking up their team...HAVE SOME HUMILITY!...as a fan of the Game and a huge Packers fan...If I'm subjected to watching a BEARS STEELERS Superbowl I will be pulling for the Bears, why? Their fans deserve to see it (if that happens)...mind you I want the Bears to get crushed by the Packers this weekend:happy0005:

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every sports bar i've ever been to has a collection of the loudest, most obnoxious fans and they are always steelers fans. what fan brings a towel to a sports bar? steelers fans do.

mark madden pretty much represents them well. i've had friends who are steelers fans, and they're in the minority because they were relatively quiet. most of the time, steelers fans are the most obnoxious i've seen. bears fans are pretty bad, too.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I know what you mean. Imagine my son marrying a girl from Minneapolis! But she is coming around. My youngest son was best man at the wedding. His toast? "Minneapolis is ok, but Green Bay is AWESOME!"

Congtastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OOooooh my goooddd....lol

every sports bar i've ever been to has a collection of the loudest, most obnoxious fans and they are always steelers fans. what fan brings a towel to a sports bar? steelers fans do.

mark madden pretty much represents them well. i've had friends who are steelers fans, and they're in the minority because they were relatively quiet. most of the time, steelers fans are the most obnoxious i've seen. bears fans are pretty bad, too.
Oh man...amen to that. Steelers fans where I live are without a doubt the most obnoxious ones I've run across. They're the cockiest, most arrogant, loudest...I could go on... Raiders fans are up there, but in a different way.

I've got a friend who is a Steelers fan, and out of all my friends, he is far and away the most obnoxious one about how much he loves his team. Just unbearable.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a friend who is a Steelers, Penguins, Red Sox, and Celtics. Where is he from? Maryland of course, and claims it was his grandma being from Boston, and grandfather being from Pittsburgh. Well this kid was born and raised in Sri Lanka, and came to the States. You want to talk about being a Frontrunner. Thats it right there, and worst of all he's from the DC area. He had to have been a Redskins and Orioles fan at one point.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True story. I went to the DugOut in Post Falls Idaho to watch a Packer game. There were more Packer fans, so we got the big main bar. The Steeler fans were off in an alcove watching their game. They would all shout in unison 'Another Steeler First Down!'; clang their glasses, and then drink. After the Packers won, I wandered over, thinking the Steelers must be blowing out whoever they were playing - nope. They were getting beat pretty good. I never heard them yell in disappointment or anger. But they cheered and drank the entire game.

I was actually impressed with them. They were loud and obnoxious, but they were loyal as could be. Contrast that with us Packer fans. Some of those locals - Packers could be up by 30, gaining 15 yards per play on average, and if the Packers tried to run one up the gut and loose a yard, these fans would be yelling in disgust at the players and coaches.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yeah dude just as long as your not sayin when we win "i knew the Pack would win it all this year!"

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts