Percy Harvin?!?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Latest rumor online; Pats, Bills , 49ers, and Packers interested in Percy Harvin.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one would leave me scratching my head with Montgomery and Cobb already on the roster, but for the right price I guess it could be ok.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's healthy and his heads on straight, the guy's a weapon and a half.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can he cover the back in the flat or the TE going down the seam? How about knocking the ball carrier backwards in the hole? If not, we don't need him.

H

HardRightEdge

No, no and no. The guy presents a 2-fer: (1) he can't stay healthy which means (2) he'll have more time to roam the locker room looking for someone to punch out.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Percy Harvin is the ultimate "Boom or Bust" signing any team could make. He is a head case (documented), but his talent is undeniable. Get our shrink a meeting with him first, imo.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bonfire cancer. Nope I like are core.. Adams will have his year and we will stop looking at replacements via FA or draft.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his prime he was a huge threat. But serious question, when was the last time he had a good to great game?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the link to this rumor only stuff I see is from last yrs rumors

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he's a weapon. But the risk vs reward factor for him makes it a no in my book. I'd rather see Monty get more burn in whatever situation we'd possibly use harvin in.

D

Deleted member 6794

Where is the link to this rumor only stuff I see is from last yrs rumors

According to NFL Update (I have no idea if that´s a credible source) the Packers are one of the teams interested in Harvin:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/715306927870357504[/TWEET]

In addition to Harvin being a locker room cancer the Packers don´t need another slot receiver. With Cobb and Montgomery the team can line up receivers in the backfield as well. So there´s no reason to even consider signing him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harvin would likely be a kick returner and nothing else. If he signed for KR money and NOT WR money then he could be an option for a team. In 1996 the Packers resurrected the career of a former WR on special teams but I don't see TT signing Harvin even for a bargain. The roster space just isn't available for a guy who only returns kicks. Montgomery is getting the KR job.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's healthy and his heads on straight, the guy's a weapon and a half.

It's Percy Harvin...the second part is never accurate and the first part seems luck of the draw.

BIG NO from me....totally not needed.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, no and no. The guy presents a 2-fer: (1) he can't stay healthy which means (2) he'll have more time to roam the locker room looking for someone to punch out.

You're not giving him enough credit, add coaches to choke under number 2.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather just sign Ronnie Hillman if they are looking to add another offensive weapon.

H

HardRightEdge

You're not giving him enough credit, add coaches to choke under number 2.
On a related matter, I don't think it is generally appreciated how little time coaches spend in the locker room. It's considered the players' place. Coach/player interaction during the week is on the practice field and in the meeting room.

From the coaches perspective, whether a guy is good or bad in the locker room guy is largely inferred, not directly observed. It's up to the vet leaders to step in if trouble is brewing. If that doesn't work. the coaches may not know of a problem until it blows up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harvin is not a weapon and never has been. He was a threat to be a weapon. His head is screwed on backwards and wasn't even good enough to stay on the Vikings roster when in his prime. Injuries, attitude, and lack of actual playmaking got him traded from Seattle. Heck, I didn't even know that he was in the league anymore! He's been anonymous.

He was a literal headache in MN when he showed flashes of potential, and has done zero since. This would turn me into an instant TT enemy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't believe this is a serious consideration by the Packers. The more I think about it, even at a vet minimum, I can't see him fitting on this team and I think we have 2 already that fit any skill set he may bring