People won't truly appreciate Brett until he's gone

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he has a ring, but it is a damn shame he only has one. He deserves many more....I wish we were in the playoffs to give Brett one last chance....
.039 kept us out of the playoffs....Brett was that close to having one more chance....a damn shame.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Me too Cory. I can't bring myself to take off my Favre jersey.

Gosh it's so sad right now. Sure we will all get over it and move on, but this man started every game for us fans for 15 years straight.

I dont know about that, i still miss Reggie White. If we could have gotten Vince Young last year somehow, i would have been able to move on but its gonna take another great QB for me to move on. Maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league qualify.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
TOPackerFan said:
Me too Cory. I can't bring myself to take off my Favre jersey.

Gosh it's so sad right now. Sure we will all get over it and move on, but this man started every game for us fans for 15 years straight.

I dont know about that, i still miss Reggie White. If we could have gotten Vince Young last year somehow, i would have been able to move on but its gonna take another great QB for me to move on. Maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league qualify.

I miss Reggie more because he passed away at such a young age.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
wow talking about A-Rod. good thing trom is hammered and probably passed out ;)

I'm hammered too, but I've been drinking American beer so I'm not even close to passed out :rotflmao:
You're drinking the wrong American beer then.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Brett is gone and we see A-Rod consistently throwing for three yards on third and five, we'll truly appreciate Brett's greatness.

If people think there will be another Brett Favre they are full of it and they will be complaining for the rest of their lives. We will never see another Brett Favre. No one will have a starting streak like he has going at QB and no one will be able to throw the ball in tight places like he did. It was a thing of beauty.

Now if people let go of Favre (so to speak) when he retires and gives whoever it is a chance then I think people will be able to give whoever it is a fighting chance.

Aaron Rodgers (if it is him) has talent. He hasn't looked great but if you watch his college film, he's got some talent. He has looked nice in preseason as well at times. The hardest thing for him is going to replace Brett Favre. He's not going to be a Hall of Famer but if he takes care of the ball well and makes the big plays when needed he could be something good for us. You can definitely win a Super Bowl with a good Quarterback. It's happened a lot before. Heck teams have won one with an average Quarterback.

Pretty much with Favre all Packer fans were spoiled little kids. IF he retires It's time to grow up and accept the fact we'll never have that kind of QB again. One of the things that makes you the best is that you can never be duplicated. So when Favre does retire. I hope we don’t expect Brett Favre out of his replacement. I hope we expect what that guy can bring us.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
agopackgo4 said:
wow talking about A-Rod. good thing trom is hammered and probably passed out ;)

I'm hammered too, but I've been drinking American beer so I'm not even close to passed out :rotflmao:
You're drinking the wrong American beer then.

I was drinking Leinies (so I was obviously joking).

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if there has ever been a Packer player more appreciated and respected than Brett Favre while he is playing. I think he will go down as being as highly respected and admired as Ray Nitchke, Bart Star, Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor, Willie Wood, Herb Adderly, Fuzzy Thurston, Forrest Gregg, and Vince Lombardi. To say that we won't really appreciate him until he is no longer quarterbacking is silly. We'll miss him. We'll miss his abiity to make big plays, but I think everyone on this forum certainly has appreciated everything he has done.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
When Brett is gone and we see A-Rod consistently throwing for three yards on third and five, we'll truly appreciate Brett's greatness.

If people think there will be another Brett Favre they are full of it and they will be complaining for the rest of their lives. We will never see another Brett Favre. No one will have a starting streak like he has going at QB and no one will be able to throw the ball in tight places like he did. It was a thing of beauty.

This statement right here is exactly why I agree with how Ted wants to rebuild this team. Strong run game and strong defense with a QB that manages the game. The Steelers last year proved that formular works and it just so happens we got our very own coach from the city of pittsburg!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
porky88 said:
TOPackerFan said:

This statement right here is exactly why I agree with how Ted wants to rebuild this team. Strong run game and strong defense with a QB that manages the game. The Steelers last year proved that formular works and it just so happens we got our very own coach from the city of pittsburg!!

How did Pittsburgh do this year? Remember when everyone was talking about Ben Rothlisberger as the second coming of Johnny U. (or Brett Favre)..?

It's funny..but there are no guarantees in this league no matter how you build your team. The Bears have a great defense but would anyone be surprised if they were one and done in the playoffs...? HeHe..

That's why I thought TT should have tried a little harder to build a bit of a better offense around Favre now instead of trying to make discount, off the rack players like Boreigter, Gardner, etc..work who ended up just washing out and wasting the team $$...

That's why I was also ticked at Sherman for not building a better receiving corps when he was here too..

bah... :whippin: