Packers vs 49ers MNF 10/15

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, the defense looks really bad tonight. Making the Niner's backup QB look like a pro-bowler. I'm absolutely disappointed at this point. This team does not look playoff ready. Took almost 4 quarters to force a negative play for the Niner's.

Wayne Gregory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one listens.....no one.....Mcarthy. MUST go! But....so does the murph...... you have Rodgers 4 or 5 more years....if they get a real coach.....they have a good shot at at least one more ring!

Sorry guys....I need MM gone!!! Gotta hope for 3-13.....

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes they pounded AR so then lean on the run. Opposing Ds know we won't run the football consistently so they're conceding it and teeing off with the pass rush.

I hate to say it Aaron is a big reason why were not running the ball more. Almost every play is an RPO in this offense, but Aaron has to be the man.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still, their defense looked really bad tonight. Against a backup QB, against one of the most injured teams, against a 1-4 team.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please find and share something hopeful about the defense, based on this game against the 49ers and going forward. Maybe there are some diamonds in the rough on the practice squad or something?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry had three knock-downs. Fackrell is showing signs of improvement but still needs to play better. King had a pick that wasn't negated by a Clay Mathews penalty. I don't remember any PI calls against our defense, but that's because they were running the ball down our throats. The defensive line got manhandled. Clay Mathews whiffed so badly on the Pierre Garcon play that it made me cringe. There were lots of arm tackles and generally uninspired play.

Offensively, MM and AR share equal blame for continuing to avoid running the ball. Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams each averaged about 5 yards per carry. Those ugly series in the middle of the game tended to be when we tried to pass repeatedly. Offensive balance is a major problem.

An ugly win against a bad team of backups. I'm not impressed but happy to get the win. We couldn't compete with the Lions. We needed a Rodgers rabbit trick to beat the lowly 49ers. The Rams and Patriots ought to be excited to play our dysfunctional team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the running the ball front, Ty Montgomery should be banned from ever getting another carry. He's done a terrible job of that. Now if they want to use him in the passing game to run routes out of the backfield, I'm ok with that. But no more carries PERIOD.

felix145

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We must have one of the worst Safety duos in the league. I just don't understand why we didn't sign one of the cheap and good free agents. What about Josh Jones? He must be really bad when he can't get past Brice.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some more. Rogers is the first Packer quarterback to ever throw for 400 yards in back-to-back games. He's also the first quarterback in NFL history to throw back-to-back 400-yard games with no interceptions.