they're not a good team right now, and they're fielding a scrub QB
no excuses left for this one

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you tell the Packers are not that hot right now and fans are disgusted with them?
Because it took this long to start the "weekly next game" thread for them.
That's how.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win going into the bye here is super important. After the bye is a brutal stretch of games, so confidence is needed!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they're not a good team right now, and they're fielding a scrub QB
no excuses left for this one
Yeah, I hope they somehow untie or cut the ropes and escape from whatever basement they were locked in and replace the imposters that took their place in the Lions game.
It's the only way to explain how our Packers did not show up.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't call this a win until Rodgers becomes Rodgers...and preferably late 2010-all of 2011 Rodgers and our boys just drop somebody unmercifully

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea what to think of this team. Anything could happen.
Frankly I'm not too optimistic for this and all the rest of the games through the rest of the season.
It's the only way to get through it.
To not have your high hopes get crushed.

sMac8503

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

49er fan here, but the Packers have always been my #2 as they are my dad’s team.

We are coming to Green Bay this weekend for the game, my first game and his first trip to Lambeau. It’s been a bucket list item for him so I wanted to make it happen.

With Beathard as QB I’m not expecting as good of a game as if Jimmy G was starting. I’d be surprised if they can pull of an upset, especially if the defense can’t seem to get their act together against better teams.

Either way, looking forward to experiencing everything the city has to offer and seeing one of the greats play in person. The season outlook for the 9ers looks bad, I’d be happy to see the Pack win so dad can get the full atmosphere though. It won’t stop me from wearing my 9er gear and cheering them on though!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to win this game in a way that the score reflects the one in the gif in my sig. Going into the bye after torching a team would be a great confidence builder. 6 TDs from Rodgers type game.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opposition Look:

Quarterback:

QB1 Jimmy Garoppolo is on IR.
QB2 C.J. Beathard got nowhere against the Cardinals and might even be doubtful against us.
QB3, Nick Mullens is the backup if Beathard gets hurt.

Running Back:

RB1 Jerick McKinnon is on IR.
RB2 Matt Breida is also doubtful.
RB3 Alfred Morris will be the main man. Their ST man Raheem Mostert is the RB4 and fumbled on his first carry!

Wide Receivers:

WR1 Pierre Garçon, WR2 Trent Taylor and WR3 Kendrick Bourne will split the load.

We should win this one. If we goof this up, MM gotta go!

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way brees killed the redskins really put shame on our o and the highest paid qb. I don't think our o will do anything different to sf that they were doing against the other teams they played so far.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will we find some gold or just dig and find nothing there?

The Packers will win easily, just like the Bills game. They won't win by as much as they would if they were the team that some believe they should be, but they'll win. Supporters of MM will point to this game as evidence that the offense is getting better; there will be two weeks of crowing about how the offense is better and the defense is coming around and then we'll get to see how the team fares against a real NFL team in the Rams.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opposition Look:

Quarterback:

QB1 Jimmy Garoppolo is on IR.
QB2 C.J. Beathard got nowhere against the Cardinals and might even be doubtful against us.
QB3, Nick Mullens is the backup if Beathard gets hurt.

This is definitely a possibility because CJ takes so many hits at his own expense.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way brees killed the redskins really put shame on our o and the highest paid qb. I don't think our o will do anything different to sf that they were doing against the other teams they played so far.
We need to win this game in a way that the score reflects the one in the gif in my sig. Going into the bye after torching a team would be a great confidence builder. 6 TDs from Rodgers type game.
It's like McMoron is afraid to run up the score.
It's time we stopped playing Mr. Nice guy and put the pedal to the metal for the whole friggen game.
But nope.
We got a lead. We got this.
What? They caught up and are now ahead? Noooooo!
Rinse and repeat.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a game I feel recent trends are going to be stopped.

1. I believe this offense comes roaring out the gate. 1st half in Detroit was a stinker but 2nd half we started finding things that worked, I think we use them.

2. I think the fans *****ing about Aaron Jones not getting enough snaps out there will get their wish. We won't be down 24-0 and therefore he'll be used.

3. I don't know what the statuses on Cobb and GMo are, but I say even if they are back we gotta keep MVS and ESB in the game plan. These guys are as good as Jennings and J Jones.

4. Defense should get a lot of take aways against noodle arm Bethard and the defunct WR group.

5. Mike McCarthy's baggers will get treated to a show where they'll get to see what an awful head coach actually looks like in Kyle Shanahan. Booyahh!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lay off the crack pipe, my man.

I actually think he might be right. I am very high on all 3 rookie receivers. IMO Gute found some gold in the late mid-late rounds here. There gonna need some time but the potential is there.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
How can you tell the Packers are not that hot right now and fans are disgusted with them?
Because it took this long to start the "weekly next game" thread for them.
That's how.

I am more focused on the Brewers. A team that is actually good at the moment.

If the Packers lose against the 49ers then any Postseason chance probably went up in smoke.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think he might be right. I am very high on all 3 rookie receivers. IMO Gute found some gold in the late mid-late rounds here. There gonna need some time but the potential is there.

Plus get them going and Graham could be sitting wide open cuz then they'll attract attention and he'll be forgotten. And I'm tired of hearing that lame old he ain't fast enough sillyness. He's a TE for Christ's sake, there's all kinds of good ones like Gronkowski who are slow.

As frustrated as I was about Cobb's injury, blessing in disguise seeing MVS and ESB turn on the burners.