1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Sign P Bryan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Mar 16, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Source: Packers.com

2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  3. AussiePackerFan

AussiePackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is an effortless kick - has been trained by Nathan Chapman and John Smith of Prokick Australia - will be a great signing for the Packers. Aussies over here are saying that he was not a superstar Aussie Rules player. It doesn't matter!

4. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +147
    Can't hurt to try him out...he can't be worse than Kampinos can he?!

5. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I already like him more than Kampinos.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    In 32 years we'll get a good punter.

First, there was Frost. The worst punter ever.

Then, we got someone better than him. But he was the worst punter in the league...

In this rythm, only more 32 years and we get the #1 punter in the league!

7. jards

jards Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd agree with that, being a big Aussie rules fan down here in Melbourne, I only vagely remember Bryan playing and don't remember him being any good or having a massive kick for that matter.

I suspect he has done alot of work on that since he finished up in August, so I'll look on in interest as to how he goes once training camp starts.

8. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
  9. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Did you forget about BJ Sander? Remember that feeling that you got every time an opposing team threw downfield and you knew Ahmad Carrol was covering the intended receiver? That's the feeling I got on 4th and whatever with Sander punting the ball.

10. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    You had me excited for a second. I thought it said Ryan.:huh:

11. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Left footed punter, I am no special teams coach, but his delivery looks a little slow...He has to better than "Special K", but then again most of the Rockette's can kick better than him...

12. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    i think i will just wait and see what happens. no rush to judgement.but kinda doubt he will be around to long. but you never know

13. Bear Bryan

Bear Bryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    G'day from Melbourne.

Long time Packer fan and have been following them from Down under for 30 years.I still have my first Packers jersey #80 James Lofton.

I'm a big Collingwood fan, Chris Bryan's old club.His nickname was Bear.His position in AFL was ruckman which is almost the equivalent of the centre in basketball .Sav Rocca and Ben Graham were far greater gifted aussie rules players than Bryan, however, Bryan was a very good kicker (punter) of the ball.I have seen him torpedo( spiral punt) the ball 60m.I let you guys do the conversion to yards.

Bryan was on the last year of a contract and knew it would not be renewed.I understand he has been working with Nathan Chapman on his punting since last July.I hope he makes it and has already been said could we do any worse.

Interestingly a Milwaukee native is the first American to make it onto an AFL playing list at Bryans old club
    I can't post a link as this is my first post so google Shae McNamara Collingwood Football Club

Maybe they could do a house swap.

GO PACK

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Not true. Nobody's worse than Frost. Are you kidding me? I saw him punt a 20 yarder!!!

I once thought he would punt backwards!

THE single worst punter ever, and that's it!

15. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    My God.........you made me feel bad when you mentioned Sander.........but then you added Ahmad Carol? Now I really feel sick