Packers Sign P Bryan

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have signed P Chris Bryan. The signing was announced Tuesday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

A 6-foot-5, 210-pound rookie, Bryan played four seasons in the Australian Football League with Carlton Football Club (2005-06) and Collingwood Football Club (2007-08).

He will wear No. 9.

Source: Packers.com

AussiePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an effortless kick - has been trained by Nathan Chapman and John Smith of Prokick Australia - will be a great signing for the Packers. Aussies over here are saying that he was not a superstar Aussie Rules player. It doesn't matter!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 32 years we'll get a good punter.

First, there was Frost. The worst punter ever.

Then, we got someone better than him. But he was the worst punter in the league...

In this rythm, only more 32 years and we get the #1 punter in the league!

jards

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an effortless kick - has been trained by Nathan Chapman and John Smith of Prokick Australia - will be a great signing for the Packers. Aussies over here are saying that he was not a superstar Aussie Rules player. It doesn't matter!
I'd agree with that, being a big Aussie rules fan down here in Melbourne, I only vagely remember Bryan playing and don't remember him being any good or having a massive kick for that matter.

I suspect he has done alot of work on that since he finished up in August, so I'll look on in interest as to how he goes once training camp starts.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 32 years we'll get a good punter.

First, there was Frost. The worst punter ever.

Then, we got someone better than him. But he was the worst punter in the league...

In this rythm, only more 32 years and we get the #1 punter in the league!

Did you forget about BJ Sander? Remember that feeling that you got every time an opposing team threw downfield and you knew Ahmad Carrol was covering the intended receiver? That's the feeling I got on 4th and whatever with Sander punting the ball.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Left footed punter, I am no special teams coach, but his delivery looks a little slow...He has to better than "Special K", but then again most of the Rockette's can kick better than him...

Bear Bryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G'day from Melbourne.

Long time Packer fan and have been following them from Down under for 30 years.I still have my first Packers jersey #80 James Lofton.

I'm a big Collingwood fan, Chris Bryan's old club.His nickname was Bear.His position in AFL was ruckman which is almost the equivalent of the centre in basketball .Sav Rocca and Ben Graham were far greater gifted aussie rules players than Bryan, however, Bryan was a very good kicker (punter) of the ball.I have seen him torpedo( spiral punt) the ball 60m.I let you guys do the conversion to yards.

Bryan was on the last year of a contract and knew it would not be renewed.I understand he has been working with Nathan Chapman on his punting since last July.I hope he makes it and has already been said could we do any worse.

Interestingly a Milwaukee native is the first American to make it onto an AFL playing list at Bryans old club
I can't post a link as this is my first post so google Shae McNamara Collingwood Football Club

Maybe they could do a house swap.

GO PACK

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you forget about BJ Sander? Remember that feeling that you got every time an opposing team threw downfield and you knew Ahmad Carrol was covering the intended receiver? That's the feeling I got on 4th and whatever with Sander punting the ball.
Not true. Nobody's worse than Frost. Are you kidding me? I saw him punt a 20 yarder!!!

I once thought he would punt backwards!

THE single worst punter ever, and that's it!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My God.........you made me feel bad when you mentioned Sander.........but then you added Ahmad Carol? Now I really feel sick

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts