• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have signed CB Travis Manning. The 24-year-old spent time in both the Dallas Cowboys' and Kansas City Chiefs' rookie minicamps.

At Northwest Missouri State, Manning started 37 of 53 games, earning second-team all-Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association honors last season with 32 tackles (four for loss), two forced fumbles, 10 pass breakups and an interception returned for a touchdown. The 5-foot-11, 196-pounder also had 57 tackles in 2013 in helping the Bearcats win a Division II national championship.

In 2010 and 2011, he also ran on the school's track team.

At his pro day before the draft, Manning put up impressive numbers with a 37-inch vertical, a phenomenal 11-3 broad jump and 4.51 in the 40-yard dash. He also has 101/8-inch hands and benched 225 pounds 15 times.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers have signed CB Travis Manning. The 24-year-old spent time in both the Dallas Cowboys' and Kansas City Chiefs' rookie minicamps.

At Northwest Missouri State, Manning started 37 of 53 games, earning second-team all-Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association honors last season with 32 tackles (four for loss), two forced fumbles, 10 pass breakups and an interception returned for a touchdown. The 5-foot-11, 196-pounder also had 57 tackles in 2013 in helping the Bearcats win a Division II national championship.

In 2010 and 2011, he also ran on the school's track team.

At his pro day before the draft, Manning put up impressive numbers with a 37-inch vertical, a phenomenal 11-3 broad jump and 4.51 in the 40-yard dash. He also has 101/8-inch hands and benched 225 pounds 15 times.
That's all fine and good, but has he ever played basketball? ;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He also has 101/8-inch hands ...
I'd just like to see a picture of his hands. Does he really have over 100 8-inch hands? They're small but with all those hands... Or are they 101" divided by 8 = 12.625 inch hands? Those are HUGE for a guy just under 6 feet. :D

H

HardRightEdge

That's all fine and good, but has he ever played basketball? ;)
I was joking, but guess what? He was a high school b-baller. Why am I not surprised?

West High School
Special teams most valuable player ... also competed in basketball and track, where he placed fifth in the triple jump at the 2008 Illinois State Meet ... was also a state qualifier and school record holder in the 110-meter high hurdles (14.2s) ... named basketball MVP of the 2009 Denver Miller Basketball Tournament

http://bearcatsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=79

H

HardRightEdge

Manning is the Packer's 89th. guy under contract. The 90th. and last spot is for Randall.

So, no mas unless somebody is cut.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Manning is the Packer's 89th. guy under contract. The 90th. and last spot is for Randall.

So, no mas unless somebody is cut.

The Packers have 88 players listed on their roster with Randall being the 89th guy. So it seems the team still has an open roster spot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd just like to see a picture of his hands. Does he really have over 100 8-inch hands? They're small but with all those hands... Or are they 101" divided by 8 = 12.625 inch hands? Those are HUGE for a guy just under 6 feet. :D

If I was a girl this is where I would say "I dated a guy like that once" but since I am a guy I will say I wish I had dated a girl like that once.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Here are some notes from yesterday´s OTA practice:

There were seven guys not practicing beacuse of injuries in Josh Boyd, Casey Hayward (foot, injury happened early in offseason, expects to be ready for camp), Mike Neal, Julius Peppers (illness), Nick Perry. Brett Hundley and Ty Montgomery were taking part in the NFLPA rookie premiere in Los Angeles. Jared Abbrederis, Don Barclay and Andy Mulumba didn´t participate in team drills. Josh Sitton said his injured toe didn´t require surgery during the offseason and the injury is healed 80-90%.

Abbrederis, Randall Cobb, Micah Hyde and Quinten Rollins were fielding punts. Rollins dropped some balls during the drill.

With Hayward sidelined Demetri Goodson took first team reps at outside cornerback opposite Shields. Rollins split time with the second-team defense between the slot and outside. Damarious Randall only got some light reps in team defense jog through and lined up at outside corner.

Clay Matthews and Sam Barrington lined up at ILB with the first team defense. Carl Bradford and Jake Ryan played inside with the second-string unit. Matthews said he´s fine with playing inside this season as well.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp.../?hootPostID=587203ad412e0bef3f1948a8060a1387

Hyde, who lined up at safety, had an interception of Scott Tolzien while covering UDFA WR Javess Blue.

Letroy Guion, who got some snaps at defensive end during practice, apologized for offseason arrest and is grateful for the team supporting and bringing him back:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...eams-support-after-offseason-arrest/28120841/

Aaron Rodgers doesn´t anticipate much offensive change this season:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp.../?hootPostID=f208fc0331dd95e332c97a193451ff5f

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji turned to yoga to get back on track after lost 2014 season (I recommend reading the article, it seems Raji is completely focused to become an impact DL again):

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...9/bj-raji-turns-yoga-get-back-track/28179287/

Bradford aims to be starting inside linebacker:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...d-sets-high-goal-starting-inside-lb/28190411/
I don't have high hopes that either Raji or Bradford will attain their goal, but I do hope to be pleasantly surprised by both.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This was Bradford's reaction upon reading sschind's post #683 on this thread:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't be scared Carl, I don't think anyone got the 'big hands' girl thing. :D

H

HardRightEdge

This was Bradford's reaction upon reading sschind's post #683 on this thread:

Don't be scared Carl, I don't think anyone got the 'big hands' girl thing. :D
I think this goes to Clay Matthews' leadership. Who says vets don't teach the young guys their moves? Carl still needs to work on the facial expression.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Here are some notes from OTA practice on June 3:

Julius Peppers returned to practice after missing last week´s OTA with an illness. In addition first-round pick Damarious Randall fully participated for the first time this offseason. He got beat by undrafted free agent WR Larry Pinkard on a fade route with the receiver dropping a 35-yard TD pass.

The following players didn´t participate: DE Josh Boyd, WR Ricky Collins, CB Casey Hayward, FB John Kuhn (he´s at the NFL broadcasting boot camp this week), WR Ty Montgomery, OLB Mike Neal, WR Jordy Nelson, TE Justin Perillo, OLB Nick Perry and OLB James Vaughters.

Montgomery and Vaughters aren´t allowed to participate in offseason practices per NFL rules cause Stanford´s school is still in session. They will be allowed to take part in the mandatory minicamp in mid-June.

Jeff Janis (I´m surprised there hasn´t been any talk about him becoming the league MVP in 2015) caught a 7-yard TD pass from Aaron Rodgers on fourth-and-5 during a two-minute drill.

Clay Matthews took snaps both at ILB and OLB with Sam Barrington being the only inside backer in the dime package.

Safety Jean Fanor intercepted a pass by Brett Hundley which could have been returned for a TD.

Clinton-Dix, Adams at ease going into second season:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...re-at-ease-at-otas-b99511943z1-305933611.html

Lacy not worried about weight at all:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...d-about-his-weight-b99511946z1-305935371.html

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers will hold Family Night on Saturday, August 8. Team will conduct a full practice instead of an intrasquad scrimmage.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will hold Family Night on Saturday, August 8. Team will conduct a full practice instead of an intrasquad scrimmage.

I went last year and took my 6 year old nephew, I love the Packers but it's a crime they charge $10 for this event I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.