Packers notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

Eddie Lacy and Brad Jones not practicing, Demetri Goodson returned to practice today.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Brandon Bostick returned to practice as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Brad Jones missed practice because of a quad injury, guess he reaggrevated it in the Seattle game. Eddie Lacy nearing end of concussion protocol. Bryan Bulaga and Brandon Bostick were limited participants.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will be a shame if Brad Jones misses any time. I'm not sure how we'll get by on defense without Brad Jones manning the inside. :eek:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could sense sarcasm, I think the little hairs on my arms would be standing in alarm

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ohhh to have Barclay available right now. I'm worried about Sherrod's progression.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to lock the door on the trainer's room. Patton needs to toughen up the troops....

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Lacy returned to practice today, Bulaga and Bostick participating as well, Brad Jones only guy sitting out

Reaction score
Lacy returned to practice today, Bulaga and Bostick participating as well, Brad Jones only guy sitting out
Great News! We are fortunate on the injury front overall. I think getting Bostick back early will show dividends as the weeks progress

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Brad Jones ruled out for Sunday's game vs. Jets, Bulaga questionable, Lacy, Bostick and Goodson probable.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No doubt we’d all prefer even a hobbled Bulaga vs. Sherrod but I wonder if it wouldn’t be smarter to let Bulaga take the Jets game off. He was wearing a bigger brace in practice and will probably wear it in the game if he plays. Is the larger brace likely to protect his knee better in a game? Would one more week off make any difference regarding the chance he’ll re-injure it? IOW, how much would the MCL likely improve in that short a time? Again, the question isn’t is Bulaga with a bigger brace and somewhat hobbled better than Sherrod; what’s the risk of playing Bulaga this week as opposed to next week regarding his availability for the rest of the season?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
* Disclaimer ~ I am not a doctor and I haven't examined Bulaga's knee

MCL is the ligament that runs on the inside of the knee, connecting the thigh bone to the shin bone. Injuries can when the leg is planted and the knee has forces applied from the outside. Unfortunately, as a RT this is Bulaga's inside plant leg and there are frequent situations with OG's, DT's, DE's, LB's, FB's and RB's falling all around him that could cause this type of force and/or injury. Ice, rest and wearing a brace are the main non-surgical remedies. He's getting all 3 but the joint and ligament are still weak and probably still painful, which means it hasn't had enough healing time the past 8 days.

There's always a risk of the injury getting worse and Bulaga missing more games. Unless Sherrod greatly improves this weekend there's also a chance that AR gets knocked-around. Don't know where that risk/reward balancing point is.:confused:

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt we’d all prefer even a hobbled Bulaga vs. Sherrod but I wonder if it wouldn’t be smarter to let Bulaga take the Jets game off. He was wearing a bigger brace in practice and will probably wear it in the game if he plays. Is the larger brace likely to protect his knee better in a game? Would one more week off make any difference regarding the chance he’ll re-injure it? IOW, how much would the MCL likely improve in that short a time? Again, the question isn’t is Bulaga with a bigger brace and somewhat hobbled better than Sherrod; what’s the risk of playing Bulaga this week as opposed to next week regarding his availability for the rest of the season?

I kinda agree with this. Same with Lacy and Bostick for that matter. The jets secondary is pretty lousy and they don't have a Wilson/Harvin combo, nor is Ivory as good as Lynch. I think we can get by with Sherrod (on a slow track), Starks and Rodgers/Quarless at home but will really need Bulaga/Lacy/Bostick for Detroit and Chicago on the road.

Also, even though he's become the fans' favorite punching bag, it'll be good to have a healthy Brad Jones one of these days soon. Even if he's done starting, it's better to have him healthy than not.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

It seems like McCarthy won't hold back anybody if they're ready to play:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...-wont-hold-back-bulaga-if-hes-ready/15527193/

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I appreciate the kinda agreement Einstein McFly but I was really just asking questions, not advocating one way or another – it may not have come across that way though. From the linked article in captainWIMM’s post:
"And I know from a player's perspective, they want to play in every single game. If Bryan Bulaga feels that he can go in this game, that'll be a part of the decision. But we're not saving anybody for next week or so forth. If Bryan cannot go, it will be clearly from a medical standpoint that we don't feel it's in his best interest."
That looks to me like a not too subtle hint from McCarthy to Bulaga that he should play. I’m a little surprised McCarthy would say such a thing to the press: If “from a medical standpoint that we don't feel it's in his best interest" that he shouldn’t play, what does what Bulaga thinks have to do with it?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather see Sherrod in the Jets game than Bulaga. I don't want to rush Bulaga's healing, and I want Sherrod to get reps because he's going to need to be better when Bulaga gets hurt again and we have more difficult opponents to play than the Jets.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather see Sherrod in the Jets game than Bulaga. I don't want to rush Bulaga's healing, and I want Sherrod to get reps because he's going to need to be better when Bulaga gets hurt again and we have more difficult opponents to play than the Jets.
I would start Sherrod as well.
We really need to get an idea if he's worth keeping.
Let Bulaga heal if possible.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Hyde said his knee feels good, just a bruise and some swelling. He expects to play Sunday vs. the Lions.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Team still awaiting MRI results of Andy Mulumba's knee, but it seems he suffered a significant injury.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Andy Mulumba just tweeted that he suffered a torn ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts