Packers + Mo Wilk working on 1 year deal

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be all for this. He was playing pretty well, not elite but pretty well, prior to his injury. He'd make a great stop-gap to help the team groom hopeful #12 draft pick Ed Oliver....sorry, i'm being greedy but a pass rush with Mr & Mr Smith, Clark, and Oliver would be AMAZING.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly it was around the time when he went down when the pass rush began to decline. Hopefully he can stay healthy this time around.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Patiently waiting on news about Breeland and Wilkerson

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be all for this. He was playing pretty well, not elite but pretty well, prior to his injury. He'd make a great stop-gap to help the team groom hopeful #12 draft pick Ed Oliver....sorry, i'm being greedy but a pass rush with Mr & Mr Smith, Clark, and Oliver would be AMAZING.

If you were being Greedy we would have another CB on our roster and not another pass rusher ;)

Honestly if we took another pass rusher at #12 I wouldn't mind at all since we still would have several picks to shore up the offense. I wouldn't be so keen on trading a few of those picks to move up to get another pass rusher though because it would limit our ability to get the help on offense that we need.

For example if Oliver is the guy you say he is fine, we get him at 12 take a OL at 30 a TE at 44 and a WR at 75 or some combination like that. if we trade two of those picks to move up yeah we get a better pass rusher but now we only have 1 pick (likely not #30 for sure) to help the offense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson would be a welcomed addition back. I fear Breeland is gonna want to much. Somebody like DRC would be a great cheap signing if we’re looking for more corner depth.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson would be a welcomed addition back. I fear Breeland is gonna want to much. Somebody like DRC would be a great cheap signing if we’re looking for more corner depth.

The guy who quit on his team halfway through the year?

Sounds great.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd sign DRC just to fire him...quit on a team you should never get a job again.

Reaction score
I’d love this. Then we can hit our OL and get a receiving threat. I’d trade back into the teens if possible.
Then consolidate some of the 11 players and move up several times to consolidate the draft field back to 8-9 players.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't really think one year deals make a lot of sense for the Packers right now. I don't think they're legit SB contenders in Petals' first season. If his scheme takes hold and the roster additions prove sound, I would consider them back in contention for 2020 and on to the end of Rodgers' effectiveness.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really think one year deals make a lot of sense for the Packers right now. I don't think they're legit SB contenders in Petals' first season. If his scheme takes hold and the roster additions prove sound, I would consider them back in contention for 2020 and on to the end of Rodgers' effectiveness.
Generally I agree. The only reason I'd make an exception for Mo is familiarity and he's not going to cost a lot. I'd be ok with it for 2 reasons, he'd provide a bridge from this year to next and let a younger draft class develop while still giving us quality play (we hope) Or they want to see how he does, and he could be a 2 year extension after that for us. He's getting to that age though that everyone frets about, and he's a big man with a couple injuries under his belt so I'm not leaning this way.

But with all the moves yesterday, it's apparent they're trying to win now and later with their signings. a 1 year deal doesn't seem to fit, but with losing Daniels likely next year, we'll be drafting 1-2 DL this year and they'd like to need them for spots and development rather than starting, so Mo fills a role for a year. The biggest factor though is cost, and his won't be like signing Houston or something. I think he'd be cheap.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would view Mo Wilkerson as just a one year signing. While his contract would no doubt end up being just that, I think the guy still has a lot of football left in him. Don't bring him back this season, you probably lost him for good. All that said, if the Packers are confident that their current DL players and a draft pick or 2 are adequate, no need to bring him back.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would view Mo Wilkerson as just a one year signing. While his contract would no doubt end up being just that, I think the guy still has a lot of football left in him. Don't bring him back this season, you probably lost him for good. All that said, if the Packers are confident that their current DL players and a draft pick or 2 are adequate, no need to bring him back.
I remember when the giants had the best D line in the league.....and then they drafted piere-paul. And then they won a super bowl again. Or two with him. I can't remember exactly. But I do remember thinking they are idiots for drafting another dlineman to apparently sit on the bench. Because their starting 4 was all studs..... Annnd I was wrong......

Modog will be a great addition no matter what. Imo.
And I would Definately still spend a 1st on another dlineman.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts