Packers meet with Patton

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Everybody "meets" with everybody, but Patton would be nice. Then again rumors are we only "meet" the guys we're not interested in. Anybody know of anybody else we met with. I hear Hunt and Michael.

H

HardRightEdge

It would not surprise me if TT went for a WR as high as the second round.

With Jennings likely gone, it would be wise to shore up a core competency. While it's easy to assign upside potential to guys who haven't seen much playing time, all indications are the guys behind the top 3 WRs are just guys. Besides, it takes 2 years for a WR to learn the NFL trade and get in sync with the QB...you need to plan ahead if you're going to maintain that competency through the draft.

Patton is close to fitting the bill. At 6'0", he'll get downgraded for not fitting 1st. round prototype 6'2"+ everybody seems to be hot for these days. Not sure if he'll make it to the bottom of the second round...TT is not the only guy trying to play "money ball". I'd like to see us get a guy who can stretch the field...the Combine will tell us if Patton is better than the 4.5 speed I've seen reported.

Members online

Latest posts