1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers interested in Lamarr Houston

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +235
    I agree 100%. People seem too hung up on getting someone who can rush the passer in the base defense. The best thing the base defense can do is stop the run and set up third and long so A) CM3 and whatever other backer can forget about a running play and B) so they can get Daniels and/or Jones and/or Worthy on the field. There are some really special three down 3-4 dlinemen out there like Watt who can do it all, but mostly a 3-4 needs guys that will make the offense one dimensional and keep blockers off the backers. Everything you read about a 3-4 says that it won't work without a good nose, so I'd much rather have us sign Joseph who can play nose AND draft someone (I'd be totally fine with Nix in the first round). Maybe Jones will be a three down guy someday, but right now we need big fat guys who play like ours did the first five weeks, not the last twelve.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,431
    Raji hasn´t played a lot at NT over the last three seasons and has shown that it´s probably his best position in 2010. If they bring him back on a one year deal and he´s motivated (which would be a big question mark) it could work out pretty well for them.