Packers Camp: The loveliness of Lambeau

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • “There doesn’t seem to be quite as much Brett Favre memorabilia as I thought.’’

Strolan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first time to lambeau is all I needed to see to realize that Green Bay is football. Been back twice since then and have loved it everytime.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I've probably mentioned this before but, in my job, I go through around 300 houses a year, in the Green Bay area. Approximately 80% have some sort of Packer memorabilia, whether it's a Packer sticker, piece of clothing or a Packer room from ceiling to the "G" carpeted floor. Very cool. FYI...approximately 50% have a dead deer head on the wall. LOL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've probably mentioned this before but, in my job, I go through around 300 houses a year, in the Green Bay area. Approximately 80% have some sort of Packer memorabilia, whether it's a Packer sticker, piece of clothing or a Packer room from ceiling to the "G" carpeted floor. Very cool. FYI...approximately 50% have a dead deer head on the wall. LOL

If you see anything game worn, write down the address for me! lol

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I've been to Lambeau 3 x's in the locker room twice for the fanfests..
How, and i do mean...HOW did I miss that the locker room was shaped like a football, and the lighting was like the laces!?!?
Probably because I was THIS exicted everytime I was there!
“Peter King?!!!! Peter King!!! Oh my God! It’s you! Can I take a picture with you? MygodI’msosorrytobotheryoubutit’smybirthdayseelookatmydriverslicenseit’sreallymybirthdayandmygod
thisisthebestbirthdayeverrrr!!!!!!’’

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever truly understand why sports people are constantly raving about this city. We have dedicated fans.... doesn't every city with a major sports team?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever truly understand why sports people are constantly raving about this city. We have dedicated fans.... doesn't every city with a major sports team?

Not in the same way we do. Go to Jacksonville, Charlotte, San Diego, Miami, or Seattle and see how invested the average fan is in the team. Its not even just cities like that. Go to Chicago, Detroit, New York, and Philly. All their fans are fair weather fans. Those teams don't see out when they are bad. Green Bay is truly unique. A city of 100,000 people where the team is owned by the citizens. Where kids grow up at training camp with the players. When I was growing up in the 90s, taking my bike to training camp was a right of passage. The day that Antonio Freeman chose me and I got to run along side him while he rode my bike and I got to wear his helmet and shoulder pads was, aside from the birth of my daughter, the best day of my life. There is nowhere else in the professional sports where fans get an experience like Green Bay.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I agree with APF. I've visited NY many times and I know they don't have a nightly show about the Giants or Jets. They also don't open every sports segment with 5 minutes of Giants or Jets regardless of season or off-season. It's probably because we're such a small community with no other professional sports teams to consume our passion. As a result, you have a lot of people with a lot of passion and only one source at which to direct it. Packer football is our lives.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused why someone from Green Bay would ask this question.

Your right that every city with a major sports team has fans.
But what they don't have is the long history and tradition of excellence that the Packers do.
I think it's that aura of history that also has something to do with the relationship between Packers and fans.

And doesn't it figure that it would be the Packers who created the Lambeau Leap?
What other team would ever even think of doing that first?
It's hard to imagine anyone else.
Lambeau Leap. Packers players. Fans. It all goes together like peanut butter and jelly on your favorite bread.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Yeah, there are dedicated fans of every team, but not so highly concentrated as GB. GB is unique.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to Lambeau 3 x's in the locker room twice for the fanfests..
How, and i do mean...HOW did I miss that the locker room was shaped like a football, and the lighting was like the laces!?!?
Probably because I was THIS exicted everytime I was there!
Pic or it didn't happen. LOL

I tried to find one but couldn't.
Anyone have anything?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts