1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers are about to get a lot younger in 2011

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by aaronqb, Dec 21, 2010.

1. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    I think we'll be younger next year

2. PackersFan28

PackersFan28 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree with most of the things except I do feel Driver has some left in him especially after that TD against the 49ers.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I think one of our problems has been our team inexperience, with this year being the first in several seasons that we aren't the league's youngest team. We are the league's 5th youngest. The Yikes and Bears are 3rd and 4th oldest (rankings at start of season). We don't need to get any younger, so I hope we pick up some veterans to replace some that we will lose.

I think it's more important to put some emphasis on offensive and special teams coaching changes. The o-line and special teams play is very, very inconsistent throughout MM's tenure.

Of course, if MM wins the final 2 games, and we go deep into the playoffs all the criticism will fade away.

4. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    Donald Driver isnt going anywhere but Green Bay in 2011. Count on it.

5. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    ^^Yep, barring an injury you can bank on it.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    If driver struggles this bad this year I dont want him on the field in another year. He is so far removed from what he once was. At this point he is drastically overpaid and underperforming.

7. PackerChef

PackerChef Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't agree with this... I feel that although his catches and production on the field may have went down noticeably, he still sets the tone for the entire WR unit. He is their unquestioned leader, and a savy vet. Obviously TT appreciates him, as we just signed him to an extension. I think that the chances of DD being gone after this year is more like 5-10%.

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Driver wants to play and TT/MM want to keep him. Unless 2 rookies come out of nowhere and push him to 6th on the depth chart - he will be playing in GB next season.

9. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    What's wrong with Driver's play? He's contributing more than Finley isn't he?
    Just like that people forget about the play in San Francisco. Certain players disappear when the focus of the offense is on something else, DD runs those slot slants everyone calls for, but Finley isn't pulling defenders away, no team is respecting Quarless enough for him to do the same. If Quarless catches more than he drops it would be different, you'd see more of DD.
    There's nothing wrong with Driver despite his injury.
    Remember Jennings kind of disappeared last year when they focused on getting Finley the ball.

10. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    DD is the man

11. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Jenkins better stay.

12. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    driver better not leave. i bought his jersey this year

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I bought a favre jersey his last year and that was the worst $180 I ever spent.

14. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    wow that much? me and wes both got jerseys for 35 bucks each

15. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Yeah thats the only one i didnt agree with aswell.

16. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Thank you, that is exactly my point, any coach will tell you that being available to play is paramount. You can't help if you can't play, regardless of potential. Barry Sanders for one game a year is nice, but it's not gonna get you to the promised land.
    I am confused as to how you think he's playing like a #3 receiver. He's always been the slot guy. Bernt's best pass was the slant, but Aaron's is the deep out or comeback. You play to your strengths, but DD is always there if you need him.
    Again, with Finley in there, he pulls LBs with him so leaving DD open. The team has to adapt, he'll be back next year and do well.

17. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    It should be 0% on Donald Driver. He is the true leader on the team and he isn't going anywhere. He will keep playing for the packers until he feels he can't anymore. Even though he dropped in production the packers won't get rid of him

18. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I think 90% on Tauscher is low.