1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers And Favre cut the crap

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by agopackgo4, Apr 18, 2006.

1. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The packers along with Brett both kind of together are loosing this franchise for Bett Favre. He used to be #1. But packer fans are better than that. We care about a team attitude and a team atmosphere even though every one might not i believe the majority does. Which is why I dont believe that a T.O. type of player would EVER work in green bay. But the point is, that Favre is loosing support quickly. I was listining to WTMJ out of Milwaukee and Bill Michaels was talking about a recent poll. I believe that the question was if fans thought Favre should be traded. It was an outragious number around 86 precent said that they wanted him traded. Not that you can tell everything from one poll but it gives you a ball park estimate about how things are going from packer fans and Favre. I have always loved Favre and I have had my best sports moments watching him lead the packers to victory. But im sick of the drama every year with his retirement crap. I would rather he just didnt come back.

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Who cares? For christsake relax. Do as javonwalker 84 suggests...focus on baseball or hockey for a month. Got family? friends? How about doing something with them. How does this situation REALLY affect your life?

The fact that this has soooo many people bothered is scary to me. I want Favre back, but there is no reason to fret over something beyond your control. Just wait til August and then you'll know the answer.

Take a deep breath!

3. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett will be back. TT already knows it.

All this drama was invented by the media. The Packers are allowing it to continue because it drives up the selling price of the #5 pick.

4. gado35

gado35 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go take a chilaxin pill or something. The offseason would not be as fun without all this drama. On a serious note though, i know what you mean when basically all this drama ends up turning fans away instead of drawing them in. It is just part of the process that we need to learn to just take and move on. He does not know yet, big deal! Give the man some time.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please........ Favre is still the face of Green Bay and will be for a long time. He's up there with Lombardi..

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett Favre will always be a part of us, no matter where else he goes.

7. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to tell these guys Brett is hurting the team with his retirement soap opera but no one's listening. Good luck trying to get anyone to listen to reason.

8. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre as gone into battle for us and come out vistorious so many times over the years. He has earned the right to take his time.

9. FrozenTundra4

FrozenTundra4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the first thing I look for is sound football advice from a Lions fan. :shock:

10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Big3, but noone is listening because your logic was bogus.

11. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13

my thoughts exactlee ie: salemanship and btw
    bet walker ends up in denver ....

12. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for my daily chuckle !!!

13. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Nice of Matt Millen to check in.

I was wrong though about what big 3 stands for. I figured it referred to Charles Rogers , Roy Williams and Mike Williams. :rotflmao:

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Indeed. especially when "Reason" comes in the form of a Lions fan on a Packers website. I'm SHOCKED that people won't listen to you! it's outrageous!

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    How is it hurting the team?
    Free Agents?
    QB pick ups?

The only mention of a Free Agent connecting to Brett is LaVar who hasn't signed with a team at all yet.

As for QB we have Rodgers and we wouldn't have picked up anyone who isn't still available now anyways.

Mike and Ted both have stated Brett hasn't hurt the team YET with his indecision.

If Brett attends the minicamp deal, I think everything is fine.

BTW, As I've been saying for quite some time now. Brett is NOT retiring this year.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    right, he's not retiring. everyone is saying that he hurt the team because we would have signed a QB if he announced his retirement. i don't think we would have. maybe an old guy to tell rodgers what to do. but at the end of the season last year, TT decided rodgers would prepare for this season as if he were the starter. that means favre has not hurt the team, because the packers weren't trying to look for a one year starter to hold down the fort till next year when rodgers takes over. if favre retires, rodgers will be our starter.

17. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bozz and Zero are right on Target!

18. ameuret

ameuret Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its hurting our tem. I have a question for you...If Favre does decide to retire we are left with Aaron Rodgers. Every team with a brain will at least go get a veteren back up even if that back up is washed up. But now my question comes. If Favre retires who are we going to get to go behind Rodgers that can set a good example of how to play for him?

19. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly thats what I have been saying bozz.

20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    who would we have gotten that's already been signed? if favre retires, we'll get a veteran QB that WILL NOT PLAY, just to hold rodgers' helmet when the Pack is on defense. brett is not hurting the team. it'll be fine. why don't you go have a beer and relax.