Packers Activate RB Starks, Release LB Francois

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers have activated RB James Starks from the physically unable to perform list and released LB Robert Francois. The transactions were announced Tuesday by Executive Vice President,...

Source: Packers.com

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we should expect much from Starks right now. I highly doubt he comes in against the Vikings, breaks a bunch of tackles and makes some big plays. Regardless, I'm really excited about him.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt he'll be really active right away, but at least he has shown enough for them to activate him and not put him on IR.. I was suprised with the move with Al, which makes me think they might see somethin in this kid

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Just read his bio, seems to get bitten by the injury bug fairly often...Deet anybody?

When do you guys think we'll see him take a handoff?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt he'll be really active right away, but at least he has shown enough for them to activate him and not put him on IR.. I was suprised with the move with Al, which makes me think they might see somethin in this kid

Its no secret that TT has a good eye for hidden talent. But all of this seems to provide more evidence for why the Packers didn't end up going after someone like Lynch. I think they have thought they had something really good in Starks all along.

This makes me smile, even tho its against competition similar to middleschoolers compared to what he'll be facing in the NFL...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ3dPkL0pr4]YouTube - Former Bulls RB James Starks Drafted by the Green Bay Packers[/ame]

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for Francois, guess they will pass him through waivers.

Can't wait to see what Starks has got!!! I'm learning to trust in the wisdom of T.T.!!!!!

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Francois got that penalty for lining up over the snapper, although it didnt look like a penalty, he shouldnt have been that close, im glad he's gone, stupid mistake, cost us the game, we'd be 7-2 if not for him..

I've watched all those videos on Starks, and Im hoping he is talented and can make some noise in whats left of this season, hopefully we see him get some touches soon!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm eager to see what he has IF he actually plays. He can't be any worse than the running backs we currently have.

The knock on Starks was his injury history and the fact that he runs upright. Watch the youtube video. His upright running style leads to his injuries.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he also seems to be very slow off the line, it seems it takes him long to get up to speed.. im ready to see what he has!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I never got to watch any U of Buffalo games so I haven't seen any of Starks.

But looking at all his runs and moves here, I was trying to picture who he reminded me of running style wise..... and of all the current NFL RBs, I think he looks like Adrian Peterson. So I guess a poor man's version of Adrian Peterson.

Watch again.... can anyone else see ANY resemblance in running style?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm eager to see what he has IF he actually plays. He can't be any worse than the running backs we currently have.

The knock on Starks was his injury history and the fact that he runs upright. Watch the youtube video. His upright running style leads to his injuries.
Maybe ture (unrelated to hamstring injury), but that's also what many said about Adrian Peterson coming out of Oklahoma. And damn he's been durable for the Vikings!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are a funny thing. Anthony Munoz played all of 6 games his Junior and Senior year of college combined. The was as healthy as they come during his nfl career. Matt Stafford is the opposite.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for Francois, guess they will pass him through waivers.

Can't wait to see what Starks has got!!! I'm learning to trust in the wisdom of T.T.!!!!!

Barring injuries, I don't expect to see Starks this year. He hasn't played or practiced in almost 2 years. By activating him he can start practicing now instead of next summer. Should help him get back in to playing shape and get used to the speed. It's not like he's wasting a roster spot. Francois will go back to the practice squad where he's been off and on the past few years.

Reaction score
Of course I never got to watch any U of Buffalo games so I haven't seen any of Starks.

But looking at all his runs and moves here, I was trying to picture who he reminded me of running style wise..... and of all the current NFL RBs, I think he looks like Adrian Peterson. So I guess a poor man's version of Adrian Peterson.

Watch again.... can anyone else see ANY resemblance in running style?

I guess he looks like AP a little bit. I think that's more of the talent he is vsing

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts