1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Activate RB Starks, Release LB Francois

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Nov 9, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +53
    Source: Packers.com

2. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Nice, Im excited to see what he's got!

3. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't think we should expect much from Starks right now. I highly doubt he comes in against the Vikings, breaks a bunch of tackles and makes some big plays. Regardless, I'm really excited about him.

4. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah I doubt he'll be really active right away, but at least he has shown enough for them to activate him and not put him on IR.. I was suprised with the move with Al, which makes me think they might see somethin in this kid

5. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Just read his bio, seems to get bitten by the injury bug fairly often...Deet anybody?

When do you guys think we'll see him take a handoff?

6. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Its no secret that TT has a good eye for hidden talent. But all of this seems to provide more evidence for why the Packers didn't end up going after someone like Lynch. I think they have thought they had something really good in Starks all along.

This makes me smile, even tho its against competition similar to middleschoolers compared to what he'll be facing in the NFL...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ3dPkL0pr4]YouTube - Former Bulls RB James Starks Drafted by the Green Bay Packers[/ame]

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Sorry for Francois, guess they will pass him through waivers.

Can't wait to see what Starks has got!!! I'm learning to trust in the wisdom of T.T.!!!!!

8. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Francois got that penalty for lining up over the snapper, although it didnt look like a penalty, he shouldnt have been that close, im glad he's gone, stupid mistake, cost us the game, we'd be 7-2 if not for him..

I've watched all those videos on Starks, and Im hoping he is talented and can make some noise in whats left of this season, hopefully we see him get some touches soon!

9. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    I'm eager to see what he has IF he actually plays. He can't be any worse than the running backs we currently have.

The knock on Starks was his injury history and the fact that he runs upright. Watch the youtube video. His upright running style leads to his injuries.

10. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

11. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    he also seems to be very slow off the line, it seems it takes him long to get up to speed.. im ready to see what he has!

12. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Never have I seen more anticipation for a 6th round draft pick. :icon_lol:

13. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Of course I never got to watch any U of Buffalo games so I haven't seen any of Starks.

But looking at all his runs and moves here, I was trying to picture who he reminded me of running style wise..... and of all the current NFL RBs, I think he looks like Adrian Peterson. So I guess a poor man's version of Adrian Peterson.

Watch again.... can anyone else see ANY resemblance in running style?

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Maybe ture (unrelated to hamstring injury), but that's also what many said about Adrian Peterson coming out of Oklahoma. And damn he's been durable for the Vikings!

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Injuries are a funny thing. Anthony Munoz played all of 6 games his Junior and Senior year of college combined. The was as healthy as they come during his nfl career. Matt Stafford is the opposite.

16. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    from the clip if he can stay healthy,and hopefully he's been doing his home work he will be a game changer .

17. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Barring injuries, I don't expect to see Starks this year. He hasn't played or practiced in almost 2 years. By activating him he can start practicing now instead of next summer. Should help him get back in to playing shape and get used to the speed. It's not like he's wasting a roster spot. Francois will go back to the practice squad where he's been off and on the past few years.

18. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I guess he looks like AP a little bit. I think that's more of the talent he is vsing