Packers 2006 FA?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Thats good, hopefully we can get somone like a free agent who actually works out for a change!

TT, from what I understand, is not a big FA fan, so I think a lot of the Packer's acquisitions will be through the draft, and minor FA pick ups, sort of like this year.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green
Bubba Franks
Mike Flannagan
Ryan Longwell
Najeh Davenport
William Henderson .
Grady Jackson
Grey Ruegamer
Rob Davis
Kenny Peterson
James Lee
Brennan Curtain

This is a list I copied from a previous post...I don't know how accurate it is, in fact, I think Craig Nall may need to be added to the list. Anyway, some idea of what's to come. Obviously a HUGE decision between Ahman and Najeh...I assume we only keep one of them.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Obviously a HUGE decision between Ahman and Najeh...I assume we only keep one of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them gone. I think we'll draft a RB pretty high next year.
I'm actually surprised we didn't draft one this year.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my post from a few weeks back...I did some research and the list I have is more complete than the ones above....I copied most of the post:
-----------

Here's a list of Packers players that are in the final year of their contracts, still unsigned but likely to sign for one year or in general are up for free agency next year...

A Green
M Flanagan
Bubba==
Longwell
Henderson
Grady J.
K.Barry
Nall
Davenport
Kampman
O Sullivan
Lenon
Ruegamer
Fisher
Peterson
Franz
Rob Davis
Bedell
Trulock
O Dwyer
Sander
J Lee
Curtin
Chatman
Jenkins
B Steele
---
There are many other 1 year players who are on the margin. The above are veterans. Will the Packers make some cuts this year to keep the cap in shape for next year?

You be TT and MAKE THE CALL!

Here's my call:
A Green: tough call. He's among the league's best...do you risk a long-term deal?
Flanagan--allow to go in free agency
Bubba-this year will determine whether to offer another contract
Longwell-must sign
Henderson-Decide if Luchey is the answer. If not, sign him one more year.
Grady-Age and injury. Sorry. Good guy let go.
K. Barry-offer him in trade unless guard situation isn't good. Tauscher still has years left on deal.
Nall-The path has to be cleared for Rodgers. Gone next year and sign vet for #3.
Davenport-last year with the Packers.
Kampman is a keeper unless supplanted by Jenkins or Peterson
Nall and O'Sullivan will battle for #2. Loser goes. Could be traded.
Lenon is too slow for Bates' defense. Gone this year.
Ruegemer is too versatile to cut.
Fisher is too versatile to cut, but not the everydown back. The Packers will have to acquire(or draft) a feature back if Green wants too much money.
Peterson must come on this year or be gone.
Franz is a vet, but likely won't make it this year.
Rob Davis should get a one year deal for eternity.
Bedell is the best option unless another one comes along.
Tru-lock not. Cut this year. Draft picks wasted.
O'Dwyre might not make the team this year.
Sander-wins the job in training camp or gone.
J Lee-beats the injury bug this year or gone.
Curtin should be cut this year.
Chatman should be cut this year. It's time to move on.
Jenkins should be signed to a long-term deal this year.
Ben"my hands are made of" Steele

The Packers are full of guys like Curtin who aren't quite good enough to be outstanding, but good enough to hang on. They need an infusion of youth and talent. They also have aging vets needing deep contracts which they can't afford.

2006 could see a sub-500 year.

------------------

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4- I think you mean last year defensive mess. This is a new year, some new personel, new defensive coach, new schemes, new attitudes. You are mis informed if you think things will be like last year. Come to Green Bay and watch Packer's Training practice sessions, you will see a big difference in this Packer team from last years team.. I attended many training session last year and this year. Even #4 is different this year. Don't buy into this doom and gloom junk and national sports gloomy forecast. How did they do with the San Diego Chargers and Pittsburgh Steelers forecasts last year?You will not see Green Bay getting expensive aging FAs again. We have a new GM if you hadn't noticed and he was taught by Ron Wolf. Hopefully we will see the results in the next year or two. But the way things look at training camp, I think everybody has got the message already A postion with the Green Bay Packers will not be given to you, you have to earn it!! I think, the Packers will be giving a good account of themselves this year to the great surprise of the sports experts. Look for another winning season for The Green Bay Packers!!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that you are right. I dont think our defense will be as bad as last year. I think it could be respectable maybe. I think the D was bad last year because of a stratagey that sucked, KGB, Barnett, and Harris all had off years, plus all of the stupid penalties. I think that the guys who had off years will play up to thier potental and I also think the penalties will be cut down with the new coorinater.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net, Good post. your list is accurate as others need not be listed.

Lenon is on the bubble and better be looking good or will be cut.

I would submit that if O'Dwyer does not start he will be cut.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts