Packers 1st round pick...

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are slated to pick either 15th or 16th (Packersnews.com says 15th, Packers.com says 16th). Either way, Adrian Peterson will not be there. Neither will Gaines Admas the DE from Clemson or Michigan's DT Alan Branch should he come out.

I've seen many mock draft sites having us take Marshawn Lynch from Cal. I think this would be a great pick. Lynch could combine with Morency to form a very good young RB tandem for years to come. I love Ahman Green, it's just that I think he'll want too much money to stay here and I don't think TT will nor should re-sign him should that be the case.

So my question to you guys is this. Would you be satisfied taking Lynch in Round 1?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Ahman Green will be back because im pretty sure he wants to be here in Green Bay. Give him a 2 year deal but dont break the bank take Marshawn and split the load. Between Green, Lynch, Morency. Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Played together for 1 year.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a gamebreaker on offense for sure especially for red zone situations. Too bad Calvin Johnson won't fall to us...

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Love Ahman Green. Hes my favorite. So aint no way in hell we are getting rid of him. How bout a safty. Yeah we could sure use a saftey. Leave he RB position alone. Ahman is back, healthy, and good.
(a saftey or some type of DB)

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would Dwayne Jarret be available? He looks like a good wideout, i'm not so sure if Ted Ginn would be reliable, i'm kinda going towards him being a snub.. But yeah, I would love to get Lynch also.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wouldnt picking up lynch in the 16th pick be considered as a steal???

I don't think so, there are always a lot of RBs in the draft and they usually end up going later than they are projected, only the really really special ones go in top 10 and Lynch isn't a really really special one.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:

I don't think so, there are always a lot of RBs in the draft and they usually end up going later than they are projected, only the really really special ones go in top 10 and Lynch isn't a really really special one.

There are some scouts out there who have him rated ahead of AP. I wouldn't call it a steal at 15 or 16 but I think it'd be very good value. I think he's a top 10 to 15 pick. So in my opinion that's great value for him and he does have upside to be a very good player.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dwayne jarrett will go higher than 16. did you see the rose bowl? jarrett also played in a pro style offense.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From NFL.Com

2007 NFL Draft order

NEW YORK -- Following is the tentative order of the 2007 draft, subject to the results of the playoffs.

Priority of playoff clubs within a tied segment is based on their advancement in the playoffs, but they do not drop out of their tied segment unless they participate in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl champion will select 32nd and the runner-up 31st.

The tie between Cleveland and Tampa Bay for the third and fourth positions will be broken by a coin flip.

Clubs involved in two-club ties will alternate positions from round-to-round. In ties that involve three or more clubs, the club at the top of a tied segment in a given round will move to the bottom of the segment for the next round, while all other clubs in the segment move up one position. This rotation continues throughout the draft.

2006 Draft Order
Team Record Strength of Schedule
1 Oakland Raiders 2-14 .555
2 Detroit Lions 3-13 .523
3 Cleveland Browns# 4-12 .535
4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers# 4-12 .535
5 Arizona Cardinals 5-11 .500
6 Washington Redskins 5-11 .512
7 Minnesota Vikings 6-10 .488
8 Houston Texans 6-10 .504
9 Miami Dolphins 6-10 .543
10 Atlanta Falcons 7-9 .457
11 San Francisco 49ers 7-9 .500
12 Buffalo Bills 7-9 .574
13 St. Louis Rams 8-8 .465
14 Carolina Panthers 8-8 .473
15 Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8 .496
16 Green Bay Packers 8-8 .500
17 Jacksonville Jaguars 8-8 .531
18 Cincinnati Bengals 8-8 .535
19 Tennessee Titans 8-8 .570
20 New York Giants* 8-8 .520
21 Denver Broncos 9-7 .531
22 Seattle Seahawks* 9-7 .453
23 Dallas Cowboys* 9-7 .457
24 Kansas City Chiefs* 9-7 .492
25 New Orleans Saints* 10-6 .461
26 New York Jets* 10-6 .469
27 Philadelphia Eagles* 10-6 .477
28 New England Patriots* 12-4 .496
29 Indianapolis Colts* 12-4 .500
30 Chicago Bears* 13-3 .430
31 Baltimore Ravens* 13-3 .461
32 San Diego Chargers* 14-2 .457
* - Subject to playoffs
# - Subject to coin flip

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Krazygangsta said:

There are some scouts out there who have him rated ahead of AP. I wouldn't call it a steal at 15 or 16 but I think it'd be very good value. I think he's a top 10 to 15 pick. So in my opinion that's great value for him and he does have upside to be a very good player.

Not saying it's not great value, I just don't many would consider it a steal, however I want Lynch over Peterson as well. I think Peterson is too prone to injury to ever become a consistent back in the NFL, I might be wrong, but the risk is obviously greater with Peterson. Peterson runs too upright, if he can do something about that his chances would be better, that's my only knack on him though.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
GakkofNorway said:
Krazygangsta said:

Not saying it's not great value, I just don't many would consider it a steal, however I want Lynch over Peterson as well. I think Peterson is too prone to injury to ever become a consistent back in the NFL, I might be wrong, but the risk is obviously greater with Peterson. Peterson runs too upright, if he can do something about that his chances would be better, that's my only knack on him though.

Lynch is a better fit for us as well. Peterson will be great in a man on man blocking scheme where your told to run one way and that's where the hole is. He's not very good at one cut and finding the hole. Lynch could thrive in the ZBS. Plus he's a great receiver out of the backfield. I'm really hoping for Lynch this year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I said we should look into a safety...but with Nick Collins playing as he is, maybe we can save that for round 2 or 3

I might be coming around on Marshawn Lynch a little more but as a Penn State guy, you're not gonna sway me from drafting Tony Hunt...Hunt is what we lack right now...a guy who, if we're up late, we can hand the ball off too and he can run over defenders and run some clock, a short yardage back, he can catch, and he is a great blocker...he lacks the breakaway speed but hell he's 230 lbs...if the draft were today I'm not taking Marshawn Lynch at #16 and I'll wait until the 2nd round and draft Tony Hunt.

I still like the idea of drafting a corner now, and easing him in to a starting role when Harris/Woodson can no longer play every down...I'll take Marcus McCauley from Fresno St.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts