Packer History

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking for books or movies that tell the Green Bay Packer history. I bought 2 off of Amazon:

WHEN PRIDE STILL MATTERED : A Life of Vince Lombardi by Maraniss, David

Greatest Moments in Green Bay Packers Football History [Hardcover] by Korth

Both of which I was able to buy for less than $6 each ($1.50 for the Lombardi book)

I'm curious if there is an essential Packer book out there that I'm not aware of. I'm 23 years old so I only really know about the Favre years, I want to learn about Lombardi and how the team started. Thanks

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really want to learn about how the team started, you can go online and read two websites: Packers.com and NFL.com through the Hall of Fame. The Packers website has a nice capsule.

The Green Bay Packers started in 1919 in the offices of the Green Bay Press Gazette newspaper. One of the originators was the team's head coach, Curly Lambeau. The team started with Lambeau, not Lombardi.

If you Google Packers History, you will find a plethora of books. Amazon only has the ones that sell.

You can also go to the Packers website and go to the Packers Pro Shop(I was there yesterday) and look for a long list of historical writings and tapes.

Good luck. The story of the Green Bay Packers is the story of working class America fighting against the big city corporate giants and winning.
It is a great story.

Members online

Latest posts