Packer Forum Meet-n-Greets?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here is going to any of the remaining home games for this season? I'll be at the Lions, Browns, and Eagles games. I get into town on Saturday and don't leave until late Monday morning, for the weekend of each game. If anyone is going to be around, let's meet up and hoist a few drinks!

Talaren

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12x! Sweet to see you on here bro! I just moved back to North Carolina after an 8-year run in Madison so I likely won't be catching any games at Lambeau to meet-n-greet sadly. That said enjoy the games PFL :)

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12x! Sweet to see you on here bro! I just moved back to North Carolina after an 8-year run in Madison so I likely won't be catching any games at Lambeau to meet-n-greet sadly. That said enjoy the games PFL :)

Likewise. Needless to say, I'm done on the scout forum. This forum is a thousand times better.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to post on the scout forum as well, went by the name BigP50, got banned a few years back though because a friend of mine got a hold of my account. Oh well, I enjoy the conversation here!

PackerFlatLander, I see you're from Bloomingdale, im from Glen Ellyn!

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to post on the scout forum as well, went by the name BigP50, got banned a few years back though because a friend of mine got a hold of my account. Oh well, I enjoy the conversation here!

PackerFlatLander, I see you're from Bloomingdale, im from Glen Ellyn!

They ban everyone - it's ridiculous. They ban people for breaking "rules" that don't even exist in print. Get this ... back in May, I got a 10-day read-only ban, for "inciting negative responses". Ever heard of anything so absurd? So, I've simply never gone back and never will. This board is the best I've seen - I love it here.

Glen Elyn, aye? I grew up in Rockford, moved out here in '94 for college, been here ever since.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard being a Pack fan in the Chicagoland area, huh? Lol.

Hell no! That NFC championship game gave us bragging rights forever. They're done, it's over and there's nothing that them and their loud Al Capone mouths can ever do about it! Sure, their tough guy south side baseball bat mouths do make me want to punch people. But, it's all good, lol.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be flying to the Eagles game from Phoenix. Last time I was there I met up with Beau. Awesome guy

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweet. I'll be there Saturday through Monday. As we get closer, I'll see if we can arrange meeting up to hang out and discuss what will hopefully be a Packer win!
Sounds good. Are you driving back to Illinois on Monday? I'm going to be heading to Chicago on Monday too

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Awesome. I've been to Paul Brown Stadium myself. I like Cincinnati. Make sure you get yourself some Gold Star Chili before you leave town. They sell it at the game. Great stuff.
The stadium was impressive but the jumbo tron and the TVs in the walk areas suck, they're very old technology. The view along the river and with the Reds stadium right across the way was quite good though.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good. Are you driving back to Illinois on Monday? I'm going to be heading to Chicago on Monday too

Yep, that's the plan. I'm staying at the Midway Motor Lodge on Saturday and Sunday night. Damn two-night minimum stay and don't even get me started on what it costs to stay for one night now ... $300 a night. F'ing ridiculous. But, simply put ... back in the day, in the 80's, 90's, 2000's, etc. - I had no problem driving 3 hours up there, see the game, turn around and drive 3 hours back. Milwaukee was only an hour away for those games, obviously. But, I'm burned out with it now. I can't drink for a few hours while tailgating and then drive a car for 3 hours or whatever. Just got tired of it. So, from now on, I make a mini-vacation weekend out of it. A buddy or two will split the hotel costs, but $300 a night is beyond outrageous. I remember staying there in the 80's for $35 a night.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stadium was impressive but the jumbo tron and the TVs in the walk areas suck, they're very old technology. The view along the river and with the Reds stadium right across the way was quite good though.

Yeah, I liked it. Packers had a bye one weekend, I think it was back in 2002 or something. Two good friends of mine are life-long, die-hard Seahawks fans, so I went with them and the Midwest Seahawkers Fan Club, to a Seahawks-Bengals game. Good time, I like Cincy.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
They ban everyone - it's ridiculous. They ban people for breaking "rules" that don't even exist in print. Get this ... back in May, I got a 10-day read-only ban, for "inciting negative responses". Ever heard of anything so absurd? So, I've simply never gone back and never will. This board is the best I've seen - I love it here.

Glen Elyn, aye? I grew up in Rockford, moved out here in '94 for college, been here ever since.
Michigan now but Palatine for ever, then Lake Geneva, now hell. There's an even better site for getting banned, Julie's World II a/k/a Packernews. I got a timeout (yes an adult forum issues time outs) for starting a parody thread.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Michigan now but Palatine for ever, then Lake Geneva, now hell. There's an even better site for getting banned, Julie's World II a/k/a Packernews. I got a timeout (yes an adult forum issues time outs) for starting a parody thread.
How did your "I'm convinced TT is a homosexual" thread go over? :p

Members online

Latest posts