Packer Chatter insider info

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
source

A guy from chatters that posts things he has heard..

The Packers and Raiders are still taking about a deal that would send Randy Moss to the Packers for a 3rd...possibly a second round pick. Moss needs (and has agreed to) re-work his contract (making it more 'cap friendly") in order for the deal to work. The combine helped the two teams re-start talks about sending the WR to the Packers. If the Packers do trade for Moss, look for them to trade down a few spots to add a second round pick in the draft, getting back what they possibly will use to trade for Moss (It looks like it could happen but as I have been pointing out since I broke this story, it will come down to Al Davis and what he wants for him, Moss and the Packers appear to be on the same page, but if Davis wants a 1st rounder, it wont happen...I could see a 3 and a player). There is no way in hell they will trade Moss for Aaron Rodgers straight up.

I was told at the stroke of midnight the Packers will TRY to be the first team to schedule a visit from Adalius Thomas, ands lock him into a deal while he is in Green Bay.

The Packers will go hard after Justin Griffith at the stroke of midnight tonight (3-2-07).

Dan Graham, the Patriots TE, is a strong consideration for Green Bay come Friday.

Look for the Packers to try and nail down a deal with Ahman Green by the start of FA.

Look for the Packers to look into adding Aaron Brooks and Patrick Kearney.

The Packers REALLY like what they saw in LaRon Landry, the LSU Safety. If he is there with their 1st round pick...he could be the pick. He ran a 4.37, had a 37 and a half inch vert and tested REALLY WELL. Not to mention when they interviewed him he impressed the staff.

The Packers also liked WR's Robert Meachem, Buster Davis (WR, LSU), Ted Ginn (during the interview process), Dwayne Jarrett, S John Wendling, RB's Brian Leonard, Chris Henry (RB, Arizona), TE Zach Miller and DE Jarvis Moss.

I know for a fact the Packers came away impressed with a RB that could be had in the 4th round. They used their video simulator and asked him to break down the play, where the protection should be and he nailed it. They also asked him to draw up a play and again were impressed. (Sorry cann't name the player)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack letting go of a 2nd for Moss. If they do then trading down is an option in my opinion in round 1 as we all know Ted Thompson likes picks.

None of the rest of the info shocks me. Though some of it makes my stomach ache. Specifically Patrick Kearney and Aaron Brooks.

As for Landry. I'm very certain all 32 teams came away impressed with Landry. I'd be very shocked to see him there.

No mention of Marshawn Lynch but I'm pretty certain the Packers liked what they saw but Buffalo did as well and if they move McGahee that could be where Lynch ends up.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, Show me where this guy has ever been right in the past.

okay

he was right

Dated Feb 23rd ( public release was the 26th)

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

Dated the 22nd

The Bears have MAJOR issues going on. Lance Briggs apparently will ask for a trade because he doesn't feel he will get paid the way his play says he should. Also, the Lovie Smith extension talks are dead and if he was to become a free agent coach at the end of the season, he would be one of 4 Head coaches that could choose where he wants to go (the others being Marty Schottenhiemer, Bill Parcells and Bill Cower).

MORE??

Feb 20th
I have been told the Packers and Nick Barnett's people are getting a little closer to a deal, locking the MLB up for 5-6 years, I couldn't get my hands on any fiscal details.

Feb 12th
The Packers have indeed talked to the Broncos about a deal that would send Tatum Bell and a pick to the Packers for KGB and a pick...
~~~
Doesnt make since at the time but now that Bell was tradewd for Bly sort of makes sense eh?

you want more?

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cullen jenkins
charles woodson
m3
brad johnson getting released
fred smoot getting released
napolean harris getting cut
tatum bell trade
chargers getting turner as coach

off the top of my head

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

John Clayton whom is one of the better NFL insiders in the game today confirmed yesterday that the Packers have interest in Moss.

There is legit interest with that.

Nothing else on there has been confirmed by any major media source but it doesn’t take much to figure out who the Packers are interested. Thomas and Graham are two of the top free agents on the market. A lot of teams will look at them I’m sure.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

okay

he was right

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/PKR01/702220584/1058/PKRFeatures

The Press Gazette story was the 22nd. Since the offseason began his Cullen's agent said Jenikns wanted to stay in Green Bay. All contracts are supposed to be "good for both parties". It is almost as bad as predicting a member of your family will buy groceries next week.

Dated the 22nd

The Bears have MAJOR issues going on. Lance Briggs apparently will ask for a trade because he doesn't feel he will get paid the way his play says he should. Also, the Lovie Smith extension talks are dead and if he was to become a free agent coach at the end of the season, he would be one of 4 Head coaches that could choose where he wants to go (the others being Marty Schottenhiemer, Bill Parcells and Bill Cower).

Briggs was tagged and Smith signed an extension a week after the talks were "dead". Guess he was wrong again.

Feb 20th
I have been told the Packers and Nick Barnett's people are getting a little closer to a deal, locking the MLB up for 5-6 years, I couldn't get my hands on any fiscal details.

Both parties want a deal and have been discussing it. It is no secret.

Feb 12th
The Packers have indeed talked to the Broncos about a deal that would send Tatum Bell and a pick to the Packers for KGB and a pick...
~~~
Doesnt make since at the time but now that Bell was tradewd for Bly sort of makes sense eh?

Whether they talked or not cannot be confirmed or denied. There are many deal proposals that never happen. This hardly shows a prediction came about and is a bad example.

you want more?

You're proving my point keep going.

I predict the Packers will part ways with a couple of players in August.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
So with having PC.com's main site hit generator's info posted here, why not just go to PC.com to get the info faster?

Reaction score
So with having PC.com's main site hit generator's info posted here, why not just go to PC.com to get the info faster?

You're welcome to do that.... (not "you specifically, but You're is reffering to the members in genera)l

Of course the PC.com staff don't look to kindly on disagreeing with Arrigo, and some of the members do jump you if you seem to ask questions that dig a littler deeper...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

okay

he was right

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/PKR01/702220584/1058/PKRFeatures

The Press Gazette story was the 22nd. Since the offseason began his Cullen's agent said Jenikns wanted to stay in Green Bay. All contracts are supposed to be "good for both parties". It is almost as bad as predicting a member of your family will buy groceries next week.

Dated the 22nd

Briggs was tagged and Smith signed an extension a week after the talks were "dead". Guess he was wrong again.

Feb 20th

Both parties want a deal and have been discussing it. It is no secret.

Feb 12th
~~~

Whether they talked or not cannot be confirmed or denied. There are many deal proposals that never happen. This hardly shows a prediction came about and is a bad example.

you want more?

You're proving my point keep going.

I predict the Packers will part ways with a couple of players in August.

Feb 12th
I was told the Bears will franchise Lance Briggs, and then try to get a new deal done.

Espn Feb 16th

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2768650

Why is it so hard just to admit this guy does know things?? Its not like it is life or death...

BTW the link for the Jenkins deal you placed?? Nothing in it about 3 or 4 year deal..that was the point..Alot of people knew they were talking..

He got the 4 year deal right..

Briggs?? was more about asking for a trade and not being happy bout being tagged..

Reaction score
I don't agree with Arrigo stating the Packers will trade down and look to add a second rounder, because the chances of that happening are next to impossible.

According the draft pick value chars (found at http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp ), the 16th pick is worth 1,000 points.

The only way the Packers can trade down and still have a first round pick while adding a second is if they trade with the teams drafting 31st or 32nd.

Since the Bears are 31st, I highly doubt they'd even consider giving the Packers an extra pick, while the colts don't seem to have any pressing needs that they could address by moving up to 16 to get a better player.

Reaction score
Hey LT I'm curious, having a source... don't they usually discourage you from going around and stating a lot of what they tell you? (I'd assume they would, because it could give them away and cause complications for their jobs, etc.)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Hey LT I'm curious, having a source... don't they usually discourage you from going around and stating a lot of what they tell you? (I'd assume they would, because it could give them away and cause complications for their jobs, etc.)

this post is from another forum, and comes straight from the source..So if he is worried, he should look at himself for posting the info...

The other source I have mentioned in the past, I never give his name, never give a link, never give a site..just what he has said..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

its also been stated that Moss will restruture his deal and the packers will trade back and hopefully pick up a 2nd round pick.

Thats what Ive heard may be true, and it may be false. Someone said KNBR is a station out of Oakland.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

its also been stated that Moss will restruture his deal and the packers will trade back and hopefully pick up a 2nd round pick.

Thats what Ive heard may be true, and it may be false. Someone said KNBR is a station out of Oakland.

Yeah that article and post was here

http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10120

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I want to know where Osama Bin Laden is hiding I'll ask the "experts" at PackerChatters.

I don't mind rumors but it blows me away people actually give PackerChatters any credibility.

Then again, I can't expalin why people follow WWF.