Pack takes Nick Collins

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I read this guy has alot of speed and good size. He's a strong open field tackler but doesn't always take the best angles. ESPN describes as a developmental player. It seems a little high for him especially with tthe other players on the board. But what do we know? Let's trust TT on this one. I still can't believe Rogers fell to us. I think he's the best QB in the draft.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
cody, shazor, crowder and miller, and we get this collins chump. draft day is ruined.

C'mon man, atleast give these guys a chance. Just because they weren't all sparkling to everyones eyes does not mean they will blow goats on game day. Lets see how these guys pan out before we pass judgement.

I think some are still in the "Sherman Flushed Another Pick" mode.

Let's give Ted a chance.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I think some are still in the "Sherman Flushed Another Pick" mode.

Let's give Ted a chance.

Sherman flushed another pick. Who is gonna get to the QB on this defense? Are we set with Aaron Kampman as an every down defensive end, come on. Dan Cody was the highest rated player at 51, I wouldve picked Justin Tuck from Notre Dame. Huge frame, 6'5, great pass rusher at ND, Our front seven is not that good and we pick some CB/S/? kid from 1-AA, thompson not making the best impression in his first draft. Last season...don't forget we took BJ Sander in the 3rd round (ok, doing good in NFL Europe, maybe not a total wash), we couldve had John Navarre in the 6th, instead we selected Corey Williams, who wasnt even projected to be drafted...a comedy of errors...

If we knew something about this Collins kid that no other team knew, we shouldve drafted him in the 4th round where he would be a "sleeper" pick...not at #51 where he's a "better succeed or else" pick

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's amazing all the scouts we have on this forum. You all should contact NFL teams and get some cash for your much desired talent.

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
It's amazing all the scouts we have on this forum. You all should contact NFL teams and get some cash for your much desired talent.

I'm frequently surprised how much posters know.

It was a strange draft for THE PACKERS, lets give everyone an oppurtunity to ventilate....

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick, both 2nd rd picks are reaches and you know it. I just can't understand GB's appetite for picking flyers from small time football schools. Year in and year out they reach for guys climbing up the board (Teague comes to mind) and guys from small schools. Makes no sense when your in a must draft well year

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Slick, both 2nd rd picks are reaches and you know it. /quote]

Sadly, I don't know it. I have not watched these players through there college careers. I'm a little busy (working a full time job, working as a lead for a game developement team, managing three websites, getting back into school and oh yea being a father) to do that. Unlike all the draft experts here who know the Packers day 1 draft was a failure, I can not include myself in that mix. I am a TRUE Packers fan and support their choices until proven otherwise.

Wait, this should sum up most of these DRAFT GURU'S. This is exactly what went through their mind for the Packers picks.

OH NO, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE, MEL KIPER JR DID NOT RATE HIM HIGH, OOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GAWWWWWWWWWWWD THE PACKERS ARE GONNA SUCK THIS YEAR BECAUSE MEL KIPER JR DIDNT RANK COLLINS IN THE TOP TEN WAHHH WAHHHHH

Give me a break, give the kids a chance to prove themselves before you slam the door in their face.

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
slackerbacker said:
Slick, both 2nd rd picks are reaches and you know it. /quote]

Wait, this should sum up most of these DRAFT GURU'S. This is exactly what went through their mind for the Packers picks.

OH NO, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE, MEL KIPER JR DID NOT RATE HIM HIGH, OOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GAWWWWWWWWWWWD THE PACKERS ARE GONNA SUCK THIS YEAR BECAUSE MEL KIPER JR DIDNT RANK COLLINS IN THE TOP TEN WAHHH WAHHHHH

you guessed it. this is exactly what i said. i don't think the draft is a failure cuz these guys might be able to play, BUT they could have been had later.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
you guessed it. this is exactly what i said. i don't think the draft is a failure cuz these guys might be able to play, BUT they could have been had later.

I know one should never assume, but I assume you have someone better in mind they should have picked? Are you thinking that shazor guy?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
NE took James Sanders - Could be the Packers missed the boat on Safeties with this miss...

Gerald Sensabaugh still out there as we go to the 5th, he's an amazing athlete, only played one year at UNC after transferring from 1-AA, some mocks had him going in the early 3rd, would be a good pickup

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sixone, nailed it. Most of the picks could have been had later or as FAs. Slick the fact is, one or two of these guys weren't on anybodys board....that's the point. You don't have to be the Head Cashier at the Wal-Mart to figure that out. Likewise, Murphy may be a good athlete, but he comes from a school that avg.s throwing the ball maybe 20 times a game and that's stretching it. There were other WRs in Murphy's projected area/range (kids from Georgia and Florida) who run a pro style offense and throw the ball 30 to 40 times a game. Likewise, they played for successful teams in the SEC. That's the kinda facts GB continues to overlook in their drafts. The only difference maker shouldn't be because this guy runs a 4.3 and the other guy runs a 4.5. Who was the best football player on Saturday for the last 3 or 4 years? It wasn't the kid from A&M because they don't win many football games or go to any Bowl Games. How do you expect that kid to quickly transition into the NFL and CONTRIBUTE to the Packers winning while they still have FARVE? A little commone sense never hurts!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Sixone, nailed it. Most of the picks could have been had later or as FAs. Slick the fact is, one or two of these guys weren't on anybodys board....that's the point.

Where was there a list posted as to who had who on who's board? From my understanding who has who is kept very VERY secretative, in fact I was listening to ESPN radio while dan patrick interviewed steve mariucci of the lions and he refused to tell him where he had clarrett ranked even though the draft was over with, steve would not tell him.

I think acting like we know who is on who's board is absurd. If you know for FACT that no one had these people on their boards, you have info many people would LOVE to have. I mean, seriously do you think you know more than those who spend day in day out reviewing these players as nfl scouts? If they knew those players would be available later in the draft, they would have traded down for more picks, wait THEY did trade down.

Why would any team give out info on how they rate players and where they would selected them, do not see how stupid that would be? You lose a lot of leverage by doing that.

Where was Rodgers predicted to get drafted two weeks ago? Where was he drafted? Get the point? So saying so and so would be off the board is (in my humble opinion) naive.

Wow I'm glad I didn't hold back on this post lol hope I don't hurt anyones feelings, its not intended. This whole thing just baffles me on how so many people think they are smarter than professionals. I guess its like politics, you can not win no matter what you say :)

Anyhooterz, GO PACKERS!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Where was there a list posted as to who had who on who's board?

From my understanding who has who is kept very VERY secretative, in fact I was listening to ESPN radio while dan patrick interviewed steve mariucci of the lions and he refused to tell him where he had clarrett ranked even though the draft was over with, steve would not tell him.

I think acting like we know who is on who's board is absurd.
Slick NAILS "this one"... people... right outta the gate!
NO ONE knows what each Team has listed on "their" boards...
They would have their arses handed to them if anyone on the Staff were to divulge that info, anyway!

You're being presumptious - present your verifiable evidence!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I had to unblock ya for this one, I have a feeling I'm gonna get blasted for that post. I like how you said 'this one' lol nice, glad ya agree ... 'this time' :)

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reporters interview NFL team officials, (scouts, GMs, Coaches) throughout the whole draft process. I think most of understand that's how many GOOD Mock Draft Boards are built. No doubt, there are a lot of Avg Joe Boards, but I am talking about the writers who do this on a year around basis...the good ones (Brandt, King, Kiper, Mortenson to name a few) who report on college football, attend the combine, speak w/ team officials on a regular basis...those who have some credibility. AFTER the draft many of these same reporters interview many of these same people and get comments like, "We didn't have him on our board" or "We thought he was a 5th rd grade not a 3rd canidate." Guys if you want to believe that a kid from WhatsamatterU, a kid w/ heart condition, and a guy who couldn't make it at O.U. and the Arena League are going to improve our defense, that's your choice. I am not drinking the Kool Aid just because the team I follow and root for drafted them.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to some sources - some of those names don't really have all that great a track record predicting the Draft.... I've seen and heard more failure stats on Peter King, of late, than I care to see.... And, I would guess just about everybody knows I'm no Mel Kyper acolyte. Far as I'm concerned - the gang that hangs out here has just as much capability of predicting the Draft as any of those yahoos listed.

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
Guys if you want to believe that a kid from WhatsamatterU, a kid w/ heart condition, and a guy who couldn't make it at O.U. and the Arena League are going to improve our defense, that's your choice. I am not drinking the Kool Aid just because the team I follow and root for drafted them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts