Pack and BJ close to1 year deal

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that way towards Steve the homer.. He gets a caller on the phone and lot of times he talks over them and the caller has trouble telling his point

I would agree with this as well not really a fan of 540 either. It's just night and day when you listen to Chicago sports radio as opposed to anything here as far as the product they put out there.

I don't know how long you've been listening to WSSP but it hasn't been worth a crap since Peter Brown left IMO.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would like to see how he does back at NT. Daniels at one end and Jolly at the other who knows? Throw in a pass rusher opposite Clay of course,

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL ... everyone has an opinion don't they.
Some have opinions based on what they see with their own eyes.
Others let someone who writes make their opinions by giving their opinions.
And some copy other sites and then get in trouble

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far, I don't hear much of a market for a lazy, content DE who couldn't get motivated in a contract year, offers no pass rush or run defense, and basically set a franchise record for least tackles to snaps. Crazy.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is worthless. Do yourself a favor and never read their site ever again. Your welcome !

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013...-acquisition-has-changed-bleacher-report.html

One of the most notable developments in the online media world came when Turner Sports acquired Bleacher Report in August 2012.

The site has made numerous high-profile moves since then, replacing Sports Illustrated as CNN's sports hub, being promoted on Turner's various sports broadcasts and making big hires of well-established journalists such as Mike Freeman and Howard Beck.

However, there's still plenty of criticism of it and debate about its place in the sports landscape, and that's not going to end any time soon. It's worth taking a real look at where Bleacher Report has been, where it is and where it's going, and particularly how the Turner acquisition has changed the site.

Through numerous e-mail and phone interviews over the last month, Awful Announcing has compiled a variety of perspectives on Bleacher Report's past, present and future; in total, they seem to indicate a dramatic shift from where the company was pre-Turner, with a new focus on big-name hires and professional writing and a substantial increase in the advancement curve. Whether that's for the better, for the worse or somewhere in between likely depends on your perspective.

Perhaps the most notable change in Bleacher Report is where its top writers are coming from. Keep in mind that for a long time, the site was seen as a place that "embraced [a sports] fan base in a way no other media outlet had — by giving them a voice." One of the B/R founders, Dave Nemetz (who's no longer with the company), said at the 2010 Blogs With Balls in Chicago that he didn't see B/R as a direct competitor to the likes of SB Nation, but rather as a training ground for writers.

Read more about how B/R is changing

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never give Bleacher Report another shot. PFT seems more and more to be pushing politics in it's stories, which is something I ideally would like kept separate from sport if possible. I have gone back to more traditional sources of news like the networks and ESPN, and try to refrain from ever putting to much faith into what is said on Twitter.

Members online

Latest posts